PDA

View Full Version : DeWalt Leaf Blower and Trimmer

Mazo EMS2
12-10-2017, 02:23 PM
Does anyone here use the 40V battery powered trimmer and/or leaf blower from DeWalt. I have a gas powered trimmer and blower that are likely going into their last season, and I thought about getting myself a nice Christmas present.:ohyea:

trikermutha
12-10-2017, 02:41 PM
I will tell you batteries don't last to long on these fancy electric yard tools IMO .. Now I don't have a Dewalt. Even my line trimmer doesn't last long but it doesn't matter to much at this time don't have much to trim.:roflblack:

If you can fix your gas powered items go for it. I been fixing my gas powered tools as needed. The dam gas is no help either.

May have to try out the gas you can get at the stores now with no ethanol

Bob Denman
12-10-2017, 02:45 PM
I went to four-stroke powered string trimmers and leaf blowers. :thumbup:
I wasn't too happy with the battery-powered ones. About the time you just got things moving: they'd crap out! :banghead:

mowin
12-10-2017, 02:57 PM
I've had clients ask me if I could trim their lawns with a battery trimmer to help with the gas and noise pollution. Guess the 31 hp Kawasaki powering the 72" mower was ok though.:banghead:

Bob Denman
12-10-2017, 03:07 PM
You could offer to use goats: they'd even fertilize the lawn for them! :shocked: :roflblack:

ARtraveler
12-10-2017, 03:44 PM
No experience with the DeWalt. The 40 amp sounds like it may do the job.

Have a Worx. Lasts for about 15 minutes before crapping out.

I don't blow leaves anymore. I just mulch them up in the spring with the rider.

slick999
12-10-2017, 03:50 PM
Have the 40volt ryobi trimmer and blower,been using for 2 years.Won't go back to gas.No problems with either and the battery lasts for 2 cuttings before needing recharging.

Bob Denman
12-10-2017, 05:22 PM
Have the 40volt ryobi trimmer and blower,been using for 2 years.Won't go back to gas.No problems with either and the battery lasts for 2 cuttings before needing recharging.

How big is your yard? :dontknow:
I can easily fun a trimmer or blower for over two hours at a rip; and STILL have more work to do with them... :banghead:
(I shoulda bought less land! :gaah:)

Mazo EMS2
12-10-2017, 06:20 PM
I certainly don't need anything commercial grade....all I have is a house in town on a half acre lot. So I have the trimming around the house and a fence and flower beds n such. All I really need a blower for is cleanup after mowing, blowing out the shed and garage, and cleaning out the gutters a few times a year. I would run each about a half hour each time. After looking at a few brands, it looks like Black n Decker has some 60V stuff for pretty good prices. I can get both tools, two batteries and two chargers for $325.

IGETAROUND
12-10-2017, 07:13 PM
Don't forget drying the spyder after it's baths:yes::yes::yes:

bmccaffrey
12-10-2017, 07:52 PM
[QUOTE=Mazo EMS2;1321874]I certainly don't need anything commercial grade....all I have is a house in town on a half acre lot. So I have the trimming around the house and a fence and flower beds n such. All I really need a blower for is cleanup after mowing, blowing out the shed and garage, and cleaning out the gutters a few times a year. I would run each about a half hour each time

Try stihl . Batteries last a long time. Even make a battery powered demo saw.

Price is reasonable

trikermutha
12-10-2017, 08:46 PM
I seen a Battery Toro blower at HOBO outlet a few weeks ago. Not sure if that helps you any or if you have a HOBO outlet by you

r1100rider
12-10-2017, 09:05 PM
I will tell you batteries don't last to long on these fancy electric yard tools IMO .. Now I don't have a Dewalt. Even my line trimmer doesn't last long but it doesn't matter to much at this time don't have much to trim.:roflblack:

If you can fix your gas powered items go for it. I been fixing my gas powered tools as needed. The dam gas is no help either.

Av gas in all your small gas engines run it year around then you don't have to think about it ,you never know when your last use mite be ,nothing worse then realising in dec that you have gas from June in you chainsaw or trimmers av gas can sit for years and will start first or second pull

Bill_VA
12-10-2017, 09:52 PM
I have a Dewalt hedge trimmer and it's awesome. I like that both blades move back and forth and can cut a branch 3/4" thick. The charge seems to hold forever, excellent battery life. I realize that you're probably asking about a string trimmer, but I thought I'd chime in with my dewalt cordless experience. I love Dewalt tools.

Chasinsparks
12-10-2017, 10:03 PM
I have been using trufuel (you can get it a Lowes) in all my equipment for about 5 years, I will never put pump gas in my small engines again. I know you can use stabli and other gas treatments, but I have found my blower and trimmer and pressure washer all start on fist time and run much better.

IdahoMtnSpyder
12-11-2017, 01:09 AM
[QUOTE=Mazo EMS2;1321874]I certainly don't need anything commercial grade....all I have is a house in town on a half acre lot. So I have the trimming around the house and a fence and flower beds n such. All I really need a blower for is cleanup after mowing, blowing out the shed and garage, and cleaning out the gutters a few times a year. I would run each about a half hour each time

Try stihl . Batteries last a long time. Even make a battery powered demo saw.

Price is reasonable
Don't know about their battery powered ones, but watch out for those gas ones!!

https://youtu.be/Ms9rghTOWHo

Bob Denman
12-11-2017, 07:57 AM
:clap: I NEED one of them!! :2thumbs:

oldgoat
12-11-2017, 09:15 AM
You could offer to use goats: they'd even fertilize the lawn for them! :shocked: :roflblack:

I take exception to that ;) :D

trikermutha
12-11-2017, 09:17 AM
NOW if you can find a tool to stop the "Partridge family" next door to me to stop playing the Piano and musical instruments at all times of the day and night I would buy that in a heartbeat. :roflblack:

Bob Denman
12-11-2017, 09:28 AM
You could try this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKaYOW9zMoY

Bob Denman
12-11-2017, 09:29 AM
I take exception to that ;) :D

:D But if you're getting paid for it? :thumbup:

Rogue Hawk
12-11-2017, 02:08 PM
Could just hire this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u88WdovasU0

nhoj
12-11-2017, 03:29 PM
Before you jump into the battery powered garden tools market check out the cost of replacing the batteries. They will eventually fail.

I stayed with gas powered yard equipment (Stihl) but my cordless power tools are all Rigid, lifetime warranty on the tools and batteries. I've had a pair of Rigid power drills since 2009 and have replaced the batteries twice in those 8 years, no $$

slick999
12-11-2017, 03:35 PM
Yes batteries are expensive,your buying the battery and their throwing in the tool.I am over 2 years on the same batteries with no problems.They go aprox 2 hrs before recharging,Bob I have btwn 1/3 to 1/2 acre.Like I said I would not return to gas trimmers or blowers.I have a lot of trimming around fence that encloses back yard.

Bob Denman
12-11-2017, 03:50 PM
:shocked: I'm at over two acres... too much!! :gaah:

Motorcycledave
12-11-2017, 03:59 PM
Go to your local private airport take a 5 gal can and buy aviation gas
that they put in small airplanes
Dave

trikermutha
12-11-2017, 09:22 PM
Go to your local private airport take a 5 gal can and buy aviation gas
that they put in small airplanes
Dave

Before you jump into the battery powered garden tools market check out the cost of replacing the batteries. They will eventually fail.

I stayed with gas powered yard equipment (Stihl) but my cordless power tools are all Rigid, lifetime warranty on the tools and batteries. I've had a pair of Rigid power drills since 2009 and have replaced the batteries twice in those 8 years, no $$

Started doing that but found out a battery powered Sander don't last long. Maybe the larger battery will get me a few more minutes. I do like there lifetime warranty on tools/batteries.
But you have to make sure you register within 90 days to get that warranty.

Mazo EMS2
12-11-2017, 10:14 PM
It's really not one single issue that I've ever had with the gas equipment. They're just both getting up there in age, and are having some minor issues. I do hate the noise and the stink of the 2 strokers, and I thought I'd give battery powered equipment a whirl. :popcorn: I might sell the gas stuff at our spring garage sale, or I might hang onto it....who knows?

trikermutha
12-12-2017, 05:25 AM
I hear ya on the 2 stroke toys. :roflblack: Last winter I decided to get a 4 stroke snow blower no more mixing oil and gas and found it was really quite too.

Not sure if they sell a 4 stroke line trimmer?

I know they sell a 4 stroke leaf blower.

Bob Denman
12-12-2017, 07:58 AM
They do, and I have one! :thumbup:

I always had the oddest mix of two-stroke/four-stroke laying around... It was a fear of mine, that the wrong fuel would get into the wrong one. :banghead:

r1100rider
12-12-2017, 09:05 AM

It would be nice if battery’s could be standardized the replacement cost is very high on drills a battery is like 70 for oem and you can buy the same drill 2 batteries and charger for 90 ,I have tried the aftermarket batteries and they haven’t been as good