I thought this was really good on today's politically correct climate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx0XxVvTiDo

Bob Denman
12-06-2017, 01:37 PM
You should post this next October 1st. :thumbup:

RinconRyder
12-06-2017, 02:08 PM
Who is this idiot?

First, he needs to slow down and a-r-t-i-c-u-l-a-t-e. Then, take a breath between paragraphs. He is not giving listeners time enough to distill his monologue. Perhaps that is good since he doesn't seem to have much of value to say.

Second, who(m) is he addressing? I, for one, have never chosen my kid's Halloween costume (well, since they were under age 3). If you look through a child's eyes most of the fun of Halloween is being able to choose, and create, a costume. Assuming it is not out of bounds (which kids would never do, right?) why take the fun out of a kids celebration?

This idiot is doing exactly what he is counseling others not to do - go overboard on PC.

My advice? Take a chill pill and use your airtime to bleat about something important - or just go away.

JerryB
12-06-2017, 02:15 PM
Hi RinconRyder,

Re: just go away.

^^^^^ This.

I agree with everything you posted. It needed to be said,

Jerry Baumchen

PS) IMO Too many people who just want to talk; 'Hey, look at me.' nojoke

ARtraveler
12-06-2017, 03:12 PM
Certain adult groups like to play the game on Halloween. It has turned into an excuse for another adult drinking party. St. Patties day is another one.

Halloween as we knew it is pretty much dead. The door to door stuff with bunches of little ones dressed cute has gone the way of the model T. Now it is local assembly locations where the children can be in a "protected" environment.

I have not had a trick or treater show up at my home in the seven years I have been here. And--there are children in the neighborhood.

IMO--this guy is just pushing an agenda. :roflblack::roflblack: The only bad thing is the timing. By next Halloween--it will be long forgotten.

RinconRyder
12-06-2017, 05:49 PM
Certain adult groups like to play the game on Halloween. It has turned into an excuse for another adult drinking party. St. Patties day is another one.

And don't forget Cinco de Mayo!

Bob Denman
12-06-2017, 05:59 PM
And don't forget Cinco de Mayo!