Cavman
12-04-2017, 12:37 PM
https://m.wimp.com/what-they-said-about-amazon-in-1999/

Chupaca
12-04-2017, 03:16 PM
They have come a long way from there....:yikes: who'd a thunk....:roflblack:

ARtraveler
12-04-2017, 03:25 PM
It is becoming my go to place for everything. For a minimum level purchase I can even get free shipping to Alaska. I may hook up with Amazon Prime eventually. I found the same guitar from a major supplier for the same discounted price AND free shipping on amazon. That saved me $100 shipping. The major supplier offers free shipping in lower 48 but AK and HI have to pay.

Bob Denman
12-04-2017, 03:43 PM
I've been a bit slow to adapt to it... :dontknow:

...but I m starting to pick up speed! :D

wyliec
12-04-2017, 04:03 PM
Cavman,

Have you looked at Amazon 2017. I'm going to view it next. It's 53 minutes long, and Bezos is now sporting a shaved head.

Bob Denman
12-04-2017, 06:43 PM
...and a MUCH larger bank account! :clap::firstplace:

vided
12-04-2017, 07:59 PM
Jeff is worth approximately 97.7 BILLION

IdahoMtnSpyder
12-05-2017, 12:04 AM
I don't know if I missed an opportunity because I didn't think I had it in me to pursue it, or if I was already late to the game. Way back in the early days of Internet auctions there was this outfit called Onsale. Ebay hadn't been invented yet I don't think. I remember thinking that there ought to be some way for a buyer to have his money escrowed until he received the product from a seller, but how to set up a system that would work and be fair and protective of both parties? Since I didn't have the brains, or was it drive, to figure out the answer I never pursued the idea. Well, as you all know Paypal came onto the scene and did it. Did I blow a chance to be a super millionaire, or save my health and mind and have a more enjoyable life? I'll never know!

JerryB
12-05-2017, 01:01 AM
Hi Idaho,

Re: Did I blow a chance to be a super millionaire, or save my health and mind and have a more enjoyable life? I'll never know!

Welcome to the club; but you already knew that.

The other nite the news said Bezos was worth 100 billion.

A few weeks ago the news said that he was the richest man in world.

I do know that he has a hot wife. :yes::yes::yes:

Jerry Baumchen

IdahoMtnSpyder
12-05-2017, 02:28 AM
I do know that he has a hot wife. :yes::yes::yes:

Jerry Baumchen
You've touched her?? :roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
12-05-2017, 08:02 AM

PrairieSpyder
12-05-2017, 10:15 AM
OMG! Amazon has surpassed Sears!!!!! :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Seeing those shots of the Amazon interface back then brings back memories. I was clued in to Amazon by a co-worker back then and I've been a customer ever since! I kinda miss the old interface.

ARtraveler
12-05-2017, 02:02 PM
I don't know if I missed an opportunity because I didn't think I had it in me to pursue it, or if I was already late to the game. Way back in the early days of Internet auctions there was this outfit called Onsale. Ebay hadn't been invented yet I don't think. I remember thinking that there ought to be some way for a buyer to have his money escrowed until he received the product from a seller, but how to set up a system that would work and be fair and protective of both parties? Since I didn't have the brains, or was it drive, to figure out the answer I never pursued the idea. Well, as you all know Paypal came onto the scene and did it. Did I blow a chance to be a super millionaire, or save my health and mind and have a more enjoyable life? I'll never know!

So close, but yet so far away. :bowdown:

IdahoMtnSpyder
12-05-2017, 03:52 PM
OMG! Amazon has surpassed Sears!!!!! :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Seeing those shots of the Amazon interface back then brings back memories. I was clued in to Amazon by a co-worker back then and I've been a customer ever since! I kinda miss the old interface.
I don't remember my first purchase from Amazon, but they had been around for a several years already. I'm not a book reader nor buyer so they didn't pique my interest until they started selling hardware, or software, or car parts, or whatever it was I first bought from them. I learned my lesson about being careful about buying online when I ordered a monitor from Onsale at a super good price for a super quality monitor, only to find out the video input had to be RBG via three cables with BNC connectors! It wasn't possible, or at least not practical, to connect it to a PC.