PDA

View Full Version : PARKING BRAKE QUESTION

JKMSPYDER
12-04-2017, 12:02 AM
​I’m getting ready to replace my rear brake pads soon. I have watched the video from greatrides and it looks pretty easy. But something the video didn’t address is whether the parking brake should be off before I begin?

BLUEKNIGHT911
12-04-2017, 12:15 AM
​I’m getting ready to replace my rear brake pads soon. I have watched the video from greatrides and it looks pretty easy. But something the video didn’t address is whether the parking brake should be off before I begin? Absolutely !!! .... because if it's on the calipers are squeezing the pads against the rotor ..... you won't be able to get the caliper off ... when you stop the engine, it will beep for about 30 seconds +/- ....then start your brake job ..... Mike :thumbup:

Richardv
12-04-2017, 09:13 AM
​I’m getting ready to replace my rear brake pads soon. I have watched the video from greatrides and it looks pretty easy. But something the video didn’t address is whether the parking brake should be off before I begin?

..... to unscrew (screw bach to open the space to insert the pads) the piston. Otherwise, the pads won't fit in or the pads/caliper assembly won't fit over the disk.....

JKMSPYDER
12-04-2017, 03:05 PM
​Duly noted. Thanks Mike and Richard!