PDA

View Full Version : You don't know how good you have it!

Don'tPanic
12-02-2017, 11:24 PM
There's something special about Spyders or the crowd that these machines attract. I'm a new F3-S owner. It's my first and only motorcycle, and for that I have to thank all of you.

Let me explain...

You see, I was interested in motorcycles for a while now, reading posts on various forums. The thing I've noticed - all forums have a common theme: "My brand/type of motorcycle is the best and how dare you to even hint that there are other motorcycles out there"!
There's a lot of bashing going on. Don't believe me? Just ask a Honda-related question on a Kawasaki forum, or a sportbike-related question on HD forum. You know exactly what's going to happen.

When I got interested in Spyders I came across SpyderLovers. The thing that completely blew my mind is that there are no negative replies or posts. There's so much support and kindness - something you don't see much in today's world.

Is it that the three-wheeled machines that make you so happy, or is it the other way around: only happy people buy Spyders?

So, go ahead, pat yourself on the back, because you've just made another person a happy ryder!

- Joe

UtahPete
12-02-2017, 11:36 PM
Welcome to the community!

Chupaca
12-02-2017, 11:51 PM
This is a great place and believe it or not some have left the site cause we don't act or react like other sites...Glad you can join us and already have a handle on how this place works....:thumbup:

SpyderAnn01
12-03-2017, 10:12 AM
Welcome. We are special but we are still fiercely loyal to our Spyders. Just start a post about the virtues of a Slingshot and see where it goes.

robhowen
12-03-2017, 10:18 AM
I experience the same with this group. I've also learned so much about my spyder and been able to do the mods/work I want to do through the submissions and recommendations of these members. This is the only "social media" group I'm active with, and that is because of the value I receive from participating. I hope you find the same.

Rob

When I got interested in Spyders I came across SpyderLovers. The thing that completely blew my mind is that there are no negative replies or posts. There's so much support and kindness - something you don't see much in today's world.

wyliec
12-03-2017, 10:26 AM
Are you wearing rose colored glasses?

Navydad
12-03-2017, 10:40 AM
We don't bash other brands because most of us rode and still do ride other brands. It's about variety and enjoying the ride. Oh yeah, some pretty great folks on here too :thumbup:

youngers
12-03-2017, 10:51 AM
it is nice to have the common interest such as the spyder , but as a lot of cycle riders say " at least your riding " doesn`t matter what , so with the spyder and forums , these guys are the nicest group , even in the spyder gatherings , just a fun bunch !

SPYD3R
12-03-2017, 10:52 AM
DP;
there has been some in-fighting here on SL, but relatively few, not like you'll witness on other sites as you stated....
i've been on SL since 2009 when i got my 1st '09 RS SPYD3R.... there are tons of people that have excellent questions, answers & help on the site... for the most part, we are mostly all elevated in age, and our fighting years are way in the past for us... we've come to the conclusion that arguing is a non-event, and our tendencies are to help and assist as best we can... so ask away any questions you may have, we are here to help any & all...

BTW; welcome on board.... :clap:
Dan P
SPYD3R

Buckeye Bleau
12-03-2017, 11:00 AM
Well, don't bring up tires, oil or bacon and you will be fine in this great company!

Joe

Lew L
12-03-2017, 11:09 AM
:welcome:

I've seen other sites come and go---- often because of the internal strife between members. SpyderLovers seems to have this under control and it is pleasant and informative place to visit.

Lew L

Don'tPanic
12-03-2017, 11:22 AM
Are you wearing rose colored glasses?

Very much enjoying wearing them! :)

ARtraveler
12-03-2017, 02:11 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your new ryde. :yes:

Darren111
12-03-2017, 02:39 PM
Welcome to the group from the UK:yes:. We are passionate about our Spyders because they make us feel like rockstars on the road. No other vehicle comes near to the Spyder in being different on the road. This weekend alone I have been photographed whilst riding my F3-S about 50 times.

CA Railwhale
12-03-2017, 06:02 PM
DP;
there has been some in-fighting here on SL, but relatively few, not like you'll witness on other sites as you stated....
i've been on SL since 2009 when i got my 1st '09 RS SPYD3R.... there are tons of people that have excellent questions, answers & help on the site... for the most part, we are mostly all elevated in age, and our fighting years are way in the past for us... we've come to the conclusion that arguing is a non-event, and our tendencies are to help and assist as best we can... so ask away any questions you may have, we are here to help any & all...

BTW; welcome on board.... :clap:
Dan P
SPYD3R
This site reminds me of the Catalina 27 site when I had one. A bunch of people sharing the love of a hobby and tech tips. That site is more tech tips and project hints, but the fellowship is the same. One big difference is that there were fewer (seven thousand or so) Catalina 27s (although that's a huge number for a sailboat) than Spyders.

trucker1
12-03-2017, 06:47 PM
Welcome to the gang. We love new owners and its great to have a new member of the spyder family. May you have many many happy days of riding. Happy trails.

Deanna777
12-03-2017, 07:31 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: You'll learn a lot on this forum. We are here to help, ask questions!

I have learned a lot about the spyders on this forum, and I have met/and talked to some nice spyder owners/friends, at spyder events. (2013/2014, that I have attended Spyderfest, Springfield, MO, and 2013 to current ( 5years and counting) Spyderquest, Lake George New York).

My current spyder is a 2014RTS-SE6 cognac.

Let the smiles, miles, farkling begin!

Deanna

Ranman42
12-03-2017, 07:39 PM
AND :congrats::welcome::trike:Enjoy that ryde!!! Ask away on your questions, lots of friendly helpful folks here.

DGoebel
12-03-2017, 09:23 PM
Don'tPanic, Yep, you're absolutely right about this group of Spyderlovers, they are one of the most positive (even when some of them are being MOST EXPRESSIVE about their points of fact or .....) Shoot I've seen way more petty arguing in radio control groups I've belonged to and left in the past.

Now I wanna talk about what OIL I should use on my TIRES for winter storage.....:yes::roflblack:

PS, CA Railwhale, My deepest condolences on your loss (your former C27) I've been blessed to sail one a time or two on a nice sunny windy day and they were as much fun as a spyder.
(Though my favorite sailing phrase out here in the Midwest is "Lake Wind Advisories are in effect" Pwerboats BEGONE! Argh, Argh, Argh, Arrrrrrr

Saluda
12-03-2017, 09:47 PM
Welcome & congrats.
After all the years I've been on this site I have 0 people on my ignore list. Shows something for the quality of Spyder people here. :thumbup: