PDA

View Full Version : Unknown feature?

Bayouboy
11-23-2017, 03:00 AM
So I went on an afternoon drive yesterday and the weirdest thing happened. Of course, I’m still a rookie and I don’t know if this is normal. After visiting my dad, I go to my bike to leave his house. Note, there is no key in the ignition. I put my key in the trunk lock and open it, and when I popped the lid, my radio came on. I think I turned the key to the locked then unlocked position and shut the lid, and the radio went off. I tried to recreate it but could not. Can anybody explain what happened?

Bfromla
11-23-2017, 04:38 AM
Did you have your handlebars locked?:dontknow:Not sure about your model but I've have accidently turned my key too far few times just trying to open frunk but because the bars were locked the key made it all the way to ON. Not a problem, unless you leave the key in & kill the battery. :yikes: The timing of the music with you opening the lid could just be coincidence you can hear the radio without waiting if you just recently parked. Think it's after 20m or so it needs a full boot & push mode again.
However if you like just to try AUX mode
https://youtu.be/50YS9Q0HECA

Bayouboy
11-23-2017, 01:35 PM
Nope, the handle bars were not locked. All I did was open the trunk and the radio came on.

ARtraveler
11-23-2017, 02:47 PM
Cue Twilight Zone Theme.

Cannot give you a better answer. I don't find Open Trunk to turn on radio in the instruction manual. :roflblack::roflblack:

PanzerGriff
11-23-2017, 04:03 PM
Cue Twilight Zone Theme.

Better Twilight Zone than Christine Spyder edition

ARtraveler
11-23-2017, 04:40 PM
Better Twilight Zone than Christine Spyder edition

Yes! That was one mean car. :yes::yes::yes:

Chupaca
11-23-2017, 06:22 PM
:dontknow: there was a thread on a sequence to put the ignition in acc mode that could have turned the radio on if it was on at the time it was parked...:dontknow:

SpyderAnn01
11-23-2017, 08:38 PM
Not weird at all, it is meant to do that. So if you’re washing your Spyder you can listen to tunes while you scrub.

Bayouboy
11-23-2017, 11:27 PM
Not weird at all, it is meant to do that. So if you’re washing your Spyder you can listen to tunes while you scrub.

Yeah, but I opened the trunk and the radio just came on by it’s self. I did nothing else

Peter Aawen
11-23-2017, 11:35 PM
Is it an XM radio?? They mount back there somewhere don't they?? Any chance the wiring for the radio has been compromised by the trunk lid or the gas tube?? :dontknow:

missouriboy
11-24-2017, 04:19 AM
:dontknow: there was a thread on a sequence to put the ignition in acc mode that could have turned the radio on if it was on at the time it was parked...:dontknow:My understanding is that the radio is always on* and you can't turn it off. All you can do is mute the volume.

(* When the key is on, of course.)