PDA

View Full Version : Virus warning : Sena software

pitzerwm
11-21-2017, 11:03 PM
Yesterday my computer started acting really weird and as usual, I downloaded the latest Vipre Rescue. I have been using Vipre Internet Security for a number of years. You run in safe mode and rescue does its thing. 8 hours later, it found 2 trojan horses and a couple other things. These were hiding in Sena software. I don't know if it invaded the Sena stuff, or their stuff got hacked. The bottom line is that periodically you should run this rescue software, it is free even if you don't use their anti-virus. Put it into Google and you will find it. Over the years I have used this to fix a lot of friend's computer, finally, I got hit. NOTE: the different spelling of VIPRE.

Saluda
11-22-2017, 01:39 PM
Never heard of that one.

Brentc
11-22-2017, 02:00 PM
Can you let us know what version of sena software and firmware updates you had last downloaded?

Bob Denman
11-22-2017, 02:09 PM
Yesterday my computer started acting really weird and as usual, I downloaded the latest Vipre Rescue. I have been using Vipre Internet Security for a number of years. You run in safe mode and rescue does its thing. 8 hours later, it found 2 trojan horses and a couple other things. These were hiding in Sena software. I don't know if it invaded the Sena stuff, or their stuff got hacked. The bottom line is that periodically you should run this rescue software, it is free even if you don't use their anti-virus. Put it into Google and you will find it. Over the years I have used this to fix a lot of friend's computer, finally, I got hit. NOTE: the different spelling of VIPRE.
Do you have a link to where we can download this software?

mcpjan
11-22-2017, 02:30 PM
You can find it here: https://www.vipreantivirus.com/vipre-rescue-virus-removal-tool.aspx

Bob Denman
11-22-2017, 03:15 PM
:D :clap: :2thumbs:

Deanna777
11-23-2017, 10:18 AM
I have not heard of VIPRE antivirus software, but I use Bitdefender Antivirus ( 2018 total Security) and I have not had any virus's on my computer.

Look up Bitdefender, they have 24/7 support.

Deanna

pitzerwm
11-25-2017, 02:25 AM
Can you let us know what version of sena software and firmware updates you had last downloaded?

5/13/17 is when the folder was set up, so whatever that is. Like I said, the folder/program could have been hijacked by the virus.

Deanne, Vipre is one of the best and I run other scanners as well, there is always something, There is a small window between when the virus shows up and the virus protection is made aware of it and gets a fix. You might just fall thru that small window. I have mine set to check for updates every hour.

You should never rely on just one program, and run various scanners maybe once a month.

IdahoMtnSpyder
11-25-2017, 03:35 PM
You might just fall thru that small window. I have mine set to check for updates every hour.
Happened to me a number of years ago back when phone lines and modems were the norm. I had to disable the AV for about 5 minutes while I was installing a new version and using a new product key. Malware came down in just those few minutes. Had to run Trend Micro House Call to clean it out!