PDA

View Full Version : It's Official

Bob Denman
11-17-2017, 06:13 PM
Danica Patrick is retiring from NASCAR:

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2017/11/17/danica-patrick-steps-away-full-time-driving/

With all of the big names seeming to retire: who'll be next? :dontknow:

classicvw
11-17-2017, 07:25 PM
I guess her's is a forced retirement? She had no sponsor and no ride...:dontknow:

Cleg
11-17-2017, 07:55 PM
:clap::thumbup:

Chupaca
11-17-2017, 08:03 PM
That is a pitty.... but now she can move on to other hopefully better things while she is young and alive....:2thumbs:

ARtraveler
11-17-2017, 09:20 PM
Who is going to fill her place at 25th and higher position? :roflblack::roflblack:

WA5VHU
11-18-2017, 01:07 AM
From NASCAR.com:
"Dressed in a white blouse and black jeans, the 35-year-old Patrick declared her intentions to transition after a historical six-year full-time career in NASCAR preceded by a headline-making seven-year full-time stint racing in the IndyCar series."

I read the article covering Dale Earnhardt's retirement on NASCAR.com and there was no mention of what he was wearing. Funny thing there...

Orange Spyder Man
11-18-2017, 12:53 PM
I watched her interview... Danica brought a lot to the sport of racing... she said she will compete in the Daytona 500 & Indy 500 next year... I for one will miss her appearances in the racing circles...

Best of luck .. Danica in your future endeavors ...

osm

Bob Denman
11-18-2017, 01:23 PM
:agree:

DJFaninTN
11-18-2017, 02:03 PM
I am sad. Sad for all those employees who make the yellow flags for NASCAR. I am sure they will be laying off most of them now that Danica is gone.

Bob Denman
11-18-2017, 02:13 PM
I am sad. Sad for all those employees who make the yellow flags for NASCAR. I am sure they will be laying off most of them now that Danica is gone.

:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:
But she didn't start as many of those wrecks as you think... nojoke

ARtraveler
11-18-2017, 03:12 PM
From NASCAR.com:
"Dressed in a white blouse and black jeans, the 35-year-old Patrick declared her intentions to transition after a historical six-year full-time career in NASCAR preceded by a headline-making seven-year full-time stint racing in the IndyCar series."

I read the article covering Dale Earnhardt's retirement on NASCAR.com and there was no mention of what he was wearing. Funny thing there...

She is now into fashion items. Seen some on the home shopping networks. :yes:

RinconRyder
11-18-2017, 03:18 PM
Danica Patrick is retiring from NASCAR:

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2017/11/17/danica-patrick-steps-away-full-time-driving/

With all of the big names seeming to retire: who'll be next? :dontknow:

Article yesterday said she would be running a part-time program but didn't give info on her team or sponsors.

I would not have called her a "big name" in any event. Except for several crashes I haven't heard her name mentioned during a race in a bunch of weeks.

classicvw
11-18-2017, 03:34 PM
Her statement that she will only race the Daytona 500 and the Indy 500 next season is just a plan. She has nothing to announce yet as to what teams she will drive for. It hasn't been worked out yet.

subdude17349
11-18-2017, 10:08 PM
I sure hope that her plan to return to run Indy is just her wild imagination. Her leaving Indycar for Nascar was the best thing in open wheel racing in decades. :thumbup:

Best moment in Danica's Indycar career was Milka Duno slapping her across the face with a shop rag. Twice. :clap:

Good riddance.

Bob Denman
11-19-2017, 08:18 AM
:shocked: Okay...
So who is going to win the Championship today?
Truex
Busch
Harvick
Keselowski
:dontknow:

Who do you THINK should win; and why?
I think that Harvick will win, but Truex is the one that had the best racing Season, and should win... :thumbup:
For the record: Neither of them is the guy that I normally root for.

ES44AC
11-19-2017, 10:56 AM
NASCAR is failing ,a little more every day. They have forgotten who pays thier bills just like the NFL. They have an uphill battle if the management is willing to try ?

I used to enjoy watching NASCAR ,now I turn the channel. NFL, I turn the channel.

Stop the diversity crap and race cars!

Bob Denman
11-19-2017, 11:09 AM
:agree: Turn them loose for 500 miles, and let it be decided on the track: by the racers! :thumbup:

This entire first/second/final stage crap sounds like a Saturn 5 rocket launch: not racing! :dontknow:
The entire playoff crap bugs me also! :gaah::cus::gaah:
The racer who has had the best overall season should win: not some fool from mid-pack that gets lucky! :shocked:

ARtraveler
11-19-2017, 03:21 PM
:agree: Turn them loose for 500 miles, and let it be decided on the track: by the racers! :thumbup:

This entire first/second/final stage crap sounds like a Saturn 5 rocket launch: not racing! :dontknow:
The entire playoff crap bugs me also! :gaah::cus::gaah:
The racer who has had the best overall season should win: not some fool from mid-pack that gets lucky! :shocked:

:agree: about the playoff crap and the staging crap. WoW! Two craps in that statement. :roflblack::roflblack:

We are following NASCAR faithfully this year--since there is no other sport to watch now. Will be interesting to see how it all works out. Maybe next year NASCAR will be better?? :dontknow::gaah:

mowin
11-19-2017, 03:37 PM
I really hope Bush doesn't win. Can't stand the little whinny twerp.

Bob Denman
11-19-2017, 05:34 PM
:D We call him "Shrub": the little bush! :roflblack:

IdahoMtnSpyder
11-19-2017, 05:38 PM
I really hope Bush doesn't win. Can't stand the little whinny twerp.
Are we back in 2000? :roflblack::roflblack:

Peteoz
11-19-2017, 05:46 PM
Article yesterday said she would be running a part-time program but didn't give info on her team or sponsors.

I would not have called her a "big name" in any event. Except for several crashes I haven't heard her name mentioned during a race in a bunch of weeks.

There are only a few names that the rest of the world (apart from fanatics) has heard of in US NASCAR, Rincon. Names like Busch and Keselowski. Danica Patrick is one of the few, so she’s definitely a big name outside the US. ;)

Pete

Bob Denman
11-19-2017, 06:20 PM
The best team DID win!
:congrats: to Martin Truex Jr on his first Monster Energy Championship :clap: :firstplace:

ARtraveler
11-19-2017, 07:02 PM
Well, those of us that watched the race...what did you think when Danica flamed out and would not be able to finish the race. She got out of her smoking car and left it at the entrance to the pits...

They had to leave the pits closed until they moved the car...

Did she do that on purpose as her farewell to 2017?

Interviewed a few minutes later...she seemed very angry. Only The Shadow knows. :roflblack::roflblack:

mowin
11-19-2017, 07:19 PM
Are we back in 2000? :roflblack::roflblack:

Nope.

mowin
11-19-2017, 07:21 PM
The best team DID win!
:congrats: to Martin Truex Jr on his first Monster Energy Championship :clap: :firstplace:

Was happy to see him win. :firstplace:
All the guys at the shop we're convinced Jr would win. Lol

robtdonna
11-19-2017, 07:56 PM
With that much fire and smoke I would have stopped the car too and left it wherever.

Well, those of us that watched the race...what did you think when Danica flamed out and would not be able to finish the race. She got out of her smoking car and left it at the entrance to the pits...

They had to leave the pits closed until they moved the car...

Did she do that on purpose as her farewell to 2017?

Interviewed a few minutes later...she seemed very angry. Only The Shadow knows. :roflblack::roflblack:

Peter Aawen
11-20-2017, 12:52 AM
There are only a few names that the rest of the world (apart from fanatics) has heard of in US NASCAR, Rincon. Names like Busch and Keselowski. Danica Patrick is one of the few, so she’s definitely a big name outside the US. ;)

Pete

:agree: She definitely is one of the few 'big names of NASCAR' that people outside the US recognise - even some who don't follow NASCAR at all know of her as a 'big name'!! :thumbup:

classicvw
11-20-2017, 08:54 AM
All in all the race was kinda boring, no? Not a lot of position changes, seems where they started was pretty much where they finished. And those NBC race announcers are also boring!

ARtraveler
11-20-2017, 05:45 PM
I went about 50/50 between the race and looking at SL. :thumbup: