PDA

View Full Version : F3t saddlebags on F3s.

alansari
11-17-2017, 01:29 PM
Hi all,

Does any one tried to install the F3t saddlebags
On the F3s??

zuni
11-17-2017, 03:47 PM
What you get for what it would cost wouldn't be worth it in my opinion. The rear part of the frame is different. I looked at it at one time. it might bolt up with a little work. All the parts and body panels you would need would probably run you more than some of the aftermarket options. Then there is the fact they don't hold much. You could get Corbin (again not me $$$, look great but many have had fitment and quality issues), Mutazu, or the Shad bags. I have the Mutazu on mine. Cost me $250 including the mounts and come with the LED for brakes/running lights. The mounts aren't pretty with the bags removed and I had considered the Easy Mounts with a backing plate but have become attached to the extra storage and never take them off now. Others have gotten them and painted them to match their Spyders. Easily holds a 3/4 helmet with room to spare for rain gear or jackets.

CJ JAX

ofdave
11-17-2017, 07:35 PM
I also have the Matazu. (299 delivered with all hardware incl.)
I believe they are only in black now.
There are other choices. Shad bags look pretty good and the Can Am Cross Country look good too.
Putting T bags on an S would be extremely expensive. Much more involved than just bags and mounts.

zuni
11-17-2017, 11:16 PM
I also have the Matazu. (299 delivered with all hardware incl.)
I believe they are only in black now.
There are other choices. Shad bags look pretty good and the Can Am Cross Country look good too.
Putting T bags on an S would be extremely expensive. Much more involved than just bags and mounts.

Black is all that Matazu imports. The manufacturer in China has several other colors. I ordered mine directly as samples. $100 for the bags and $150 for DHL shipping. Spyderpops had a nice leather set he was selling that used the Easy brackets at one time.

CJ JAX

cptjam
11-18-2017, 01:15 AM
Look at the police Spyder. Those adventure bags hold a lot, and some as much as 45 liters! I like them, and would bolt up simply. I like Spyderpops leather bags, too.

deer30084
11-23-2017, 04:39 PM
I recommend Easy Brackets and the hard side leather or vinyl bags of your choice.

Texas Al
11-25-2017, 04:07 PM
Hi all I just put a set of Viking bag on my F3. What do you think?:spyder:

ofdave
11-26-2017, 06:37 AM
looks good, Al
what did you use for mounts?

Texas Al
11-26-2017, 11:55 AM
I used Easy Bracket mounts. They make one for F3 and F3s.

jcthorne
11-27-2017, 10:57 AM
I found a black friday deal on a set of the Shad saddle bags and brackets for F3S for under $500 delivered. Too good to pass up. Time to replace my soft bags with ones that can lock to the bike while on trips.