PDA

View Full Version : BRP OPENS A HEADQUARTERS FOR ITS NORTH AMERICAN MARKET IN TEXAS

WA5VHU
11-16-2017, 10:34 PM
http://news.brp.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=254477&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2317532

BRP OPENS A HEADQUARTERS FOR ITS NORTH AMERICAN MARKET IN TEXAS TO FUEL ITS GROWTH

I hope they know we Texans don't speak no bloody French!

Chupaca
11-16-2017, 10:47 PM
We shall see what that might bring forth...:shocked: guess it will depend on what all they bring...:dontknow:

PW2013STL
11-17-2017, 12:15 AM
Received the article this morning. This should help with dealer issues in the US, or I hope so. Thankful I have a great dealer I use, but there are some who do not.

Bfromla
11-17-2017, 01:35 AM
Plano of all places :2thumbs::clap::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::r oflblack: Nice lil comment about it at4:30 https://youtu.be/pELwCqz2JfE

Buckeye Bleau
11-17-2017, 03:28 AM
Plano of all places :2thumbs::clap::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::r oflblack: Nice lil comment about it at4:30 https://youtu.be/pELwCqz2JfE

Thank you very much for that one. May the mud bugs be with you!

Joe Bleau

youngers
11-17-2017, 04:09 AM
plano is a nice area , not to mention , it is also full , like a lot of texas now ! that state is getting bigger every day seems like !

Bfromla
11-17-2017, 04:27 AM
Thank you very much for that one. May the mud bugs be with you!

Joe Bleau
:cheers: Not for a few more months anyway, closer to MardiGras :yes: will be season, frozen ones just ain't right:banghead::lecturef_smilie:

Bob Denman
11-17-2017, 07:50 AM
I'll bet that the Texas facility has more to do with their ATV and UTV line-ups, than it does with Spyders...
But it's still a really good move! :thumbup:

Richardv
11-17-2017, 08:33 AM
http://news.brp.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=254477&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2317532

BRP OPENS A HEADQUARTERS FOR ITS NORTH AMERICAN MARKET IN TEXAS TO FUEL ITS GROWTH

I hope they know we Texans don't speak no bloody French!

WE , UP THERE, can speak both languages, no problem!!!!! :clap::clap::clap::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack :

PrairieSpyder
11-17-2017, 08:42 AM
Received the article this morning. This should help with dealer issues in the US, or I hope so. Thankful I have a great dealer I use, but there are some who do not.

:agree:

Little Blue
11-17-2017, 09:54 AM
Time will tell "The rest of the STORY" good day. :clap::clap::clap:

BigGuy66
11-17-2017, 10:17 AM
(snip) I hope they know we Texans don't speak no bloody French!

...multilingual. Here's why: "don't speak no" is spoken in parts of the Midwest and we use it here in Indiana; "bloody" is British I believe; and "French" is English for Francais. And, there is likely some "Texan" language that is unique to y'all.
Jim

2Paw
11-17-2017, 10:59 AM
Just down the road a piece, in case I need to talk to somebody, or in case I get really irate.;) :D

Dmetcalf
11-17-2017, 12:05 PM
This is an area that is absolutely exploding with businesses and people. Toyota moves its Corp headquarters here as well. Traffic has become pretty tough as a result..! But, I’m real happy to hear about this.

Bob Denman
11-17-2017, 12:13 PM
Since you're going to have all of these Canadians heading down to Texas: don't forget to teach them the "language of love"; as it's spoken in your State! :2thumbs:

Dmetcalf
11-17-2017, 12:21 PM
Since you're going to have all of these Canadians heading down to Texas: don't forget to teach them the "language of love"; as it's spoken in your State! :2thumbs:

absolutely will ..!! 🍽

Bob Denman
11-17-2017, 12:33 PM
:D You know that she's gonna be a keeper; when your date brings over her own hot sauce, and set of knives! :clap: :2thumbs:

Arion
11-17-2017, 12:56 PM
WE , UP THERE, can speak both languages, no problem!!!!! :clap::clap::clap::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack :

French and English perhaps, but I doubt you speak very fluent Texan. It's a difficult language to learn especially if you don't wear a big belt buckle or a cowboy hat! Begin with the easy words like "y'all" and "fixin" and "unsweet" (as it related to iced tea) and then advance to the more complex phrases and sentences. ;)

ARtraveler
11-17-2017, 03:22 PM

Don't they build tackle boxes and make Frito's there? :roflblack::roflblack:

It does sound like BRP is planning on a future. :yes::yes:

2Paw
11-17-2017, 04:50 PM
Don't they build tackle boxes and make Frito's there? :roflblack::roflblack:

It does sound like BRP is planning on a future. :yes::yes:

Frito Lay has there headquarters there but I don't think they make the chips there, and I'm not sure the tackle boxes are made anywhere anymore. I have 3 and one is empty (spare).

ARtraveler
11-17-2017, 04:56 PM
Frito Lay has there headquarters there but I don't think they make the chips there, and I'm not sure the tackle boxes are made anywhere anymore. I have 3 and one is empty (spare).

Me too on the tackle boxes. Good stuff. :bowdown::bowdown:

RinconRyder
11-17-2017, 06:48 PM
...multilingual. Here's why: "don't speak no" is spoken in parts of the Midwest and we use it here in Indiana; "bloody" is British I believe; and "French" is English for Francais. And, there is likely some "Texan" language that is unique to y'all.
Jim

It's called "Texican".

tehrlich
11-17-2017, 07:00 PM
Closer to their plant in Juarez, Mexico.

MRH
11-17-2017, 09:32 PM
This is great news. It should not only make parts easier to get access to, but I think it will put them better in touch with the needs and mindsets of many of their customers.

IdahoMtnSpyder
11-17-2017, 10:48 PM
French and English perhaps, but I doubt you speak very fluent Texan. It's a difficult language to learn especially if you don't wear a big belt buckle or a cowboy hat! Begin with the easy words like "y'all" and "fixin" and "unsweet" (as it related to iced tea) and then advance to the more complex phrases and sentences. ;)
It may surprise you, but Texan isn't limited to Texas! Back in 1989 when I was living in England I was in a Texas Homecare DIY store, kind of like our Lowe's or Home Depot. I kept hearing a ladies voice over the PA making all sorts of announcements. I just had to find out where she was from. I knew it was purely coincidental that an American woman speaking perfect Texan living in England was working in a store named Texas Homecare. When I located her I asked where she had been born and raised. "Newcastle, here in England," she said. I was flabbergasted. I know you could have dropped her into the middle of Texas and no one would know she wasn't raised there!

2Paw
11-17-2017, 11:19 PM
The language may be the same but the accent is different, a real Texan will know the difference. I've lived here more than 30 years and my Texas Iphone doesn't understand my accent when I talk to it.:roflblack:

IdahoMtnSpyder
11-18-2017, 02:09 AM
The language may be the same but the accent is different, a real Texan will know the difference. I've lived here more than 30 years and my Texas Iphone doesn't understand my accent when I talk to it.:roflblack:
It was her accent that made me think she was from Texas! I haven't the foggiest if her idioms and slang were Texan or not. But you're probably right, a native Texan of many years probably would detect the differences.

youngers
11-18-2017, 06:30 AM

I remember , while I lived in the Arlington area , took a trip too Colorado , went to one of the restaurants , one of the folks who runs the place mentioned , " you folks are not from around here " { maybe because every one is almost not from around there , or I do -or- did have the texas slang ? } would like to figure a way to get back too a nice out lying piece of property in texas ...

SteveP
11-19-2017, 10:24 AM
Yes hopefully it's a good support hub for all things BRP in the southern U.S. I doubt that the Texas govt will be willing to bail Bombardier out like the Canadian govt has time after time though . So basically if it's not profitable there ... you won't likely see them stay long

Saluda
11-19-2017, 10:58 AM
Still have a couple, they're great.

oldgoat
11-19-2017, 02:11 PM
Yes hopefully it's a good support hub for all things BRP in the southern U.S. I doubt that the Texas govt will be willing to bail Bombardier out like the Canadian govt has time after time though . So basically if it's not profitable there ... you won't likely see them stay long

So it's ok for the Feds to bail out the ON auto industry but not to give repayable loans to Bombardier?

SteveP
11-20-2017, 08:07 AM
So it's ok for the Feds to bail out the ON auto industry but not to give repayable loans to Bombardier?

But what is too much ? https://www.fraserinstitute.org/article/bombardier-and-canadas-corporate-welfare-trap

opiewhan
11-20-2017, 11:37 AM
Well good they are right up the road, so next time this Spyder breaks down because of "crappy" parts I can tow it up the road and drive it through the front door then park it up someones ass..

UtahPete
11-20-2017, 12:55 PM
Well good they are right up the road, so next time this Spyder breaks down because of "crappy" parts I can tow it up the road and drive it through the front door then park it up someones ass..

Welcome to Texas!

ARtraveler
11-20-2017, 03:55 PM

Let us know when. Lot's of us would like to watch. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: