View Full Version : Supercharged production touring bike

Rogue Hawk
11-16-2017, 10:36 AM
Oh, yeah....Ooooooh, yeah --Yello

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFCavGrx9YA

Bob Denman
11-16-2017, 10:42 AM
:shocked: I LIKE it! :bowdown:
But it's surely NOT a touring bike... those saddlebags will barely hold all of the speeding tickets! :roflblack:

BigGuy66
11-16-2017, 10:50 AM
... just sitting there. I don't think my wife will let me get one if that model comes with it!! Probably not... :roflblack:

ARtraveler
11-16-2017, 03:06 PM
Very nice. Also don't think it would be good for touring. But it would be great for my daily trips to the mail box. There is a built in "unsaid" thing here. Can you guess? :thumbup:

Bob Denman
11-16-2017, 03:17 PM
. There is a built in "unsaid" thing here. Can you guess? :thumbup:

:D Can it out-run the Cops?!? :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack:

ARtraveler
11-16-2017, 03:19 PM
:D Can it out-run the Cops?!? :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack:

Good one--but not what I was implying. :yes:

Rogue Hawk
11-16-2017, 04:57 PM
:shocked: I LIKE it! :bowdown:
But it's surely NOT a touring bike... those saddlebags will barely hold all of the speeding tickets! :roflblack:

Well, you could put a big top case on it.

Bob Denman
11-16-2017, 05:57 PM
:yikes: That would screw up the aero-package, and cut the top speed by at least 10 mph! :gaah:

asp125
11-16-2017, 06:26 PM
If your idea of touring consists of the scenery blurring by, and you have to be in another state by noon.

Peter Aawen
11-16-2017, 06:43 PM
I dunno, I'll admit that all the technology & fripperies are nice, but I sometimes really miss the challenge of mastering riding a powerful machine WELL without all the add-ons designed to keep us safe!! Launch control - with managed clutch release & lift control (so you can't stuff up taking off fast!) Stabilty control & traction control (so you can't over-ride it & fall off!) ABS & EBD (so you will stop safely & quickly pretty much no matter what you do!) Yeah, nice stuff, & it can mean the rider can push just a little bit harder secure in the knowledge that the bike will look after them, but surely it all sorta misses the point - I want LESS intervention, not more - on my Spyder, on this machine, in fact, on anything I ride or drive! More power, sure! Better suspension, Yes Please! Flappy paddles for quicker/surer gear changes, bring it on!! Great tires that'll stick to the ceiling at 200mph, I want them!!! But stabilty control, traction control, & launch control etc & even ABS (to a lesser extent) takes away a lot of the finesse & skill needed to ride well! What do you think this thing'd be like to ride with that motor & supercharger & power output etc but without all the extra 'look after the incompetents with delusions' gear?! NOICE or WHAAAT! :dontknow:

I put a lot of time & effort into learning how to drive & ride pretty much anything reasonably well, maybe not to F1 or Moto GP standard, but certainly better than the average bear, & now all these 'could be great' toys come out with all these bells & whistles so that just about any schmuck with more money than sense can climb aboard & go fairly fast without a great deal of exertion or practice secure in the knowledge that the bike itself will look after them & recover from anything short of pure incompetence or idiocy! :gaah:

I'll willingly ride one, would absolutely love it if someone gave me one for a day (or a month, or even a year!) to really test it out; I'd never knock that offer back, & I'd probably even love ryding it just for the experience, but when it all boils down to the gristle..... It's Not really my cup of tea. :sour:

UtahPete
11-16-2017, 07:21 PM
[QUOTE=Peter Aawen;1316815
I'll willingly ride one, would absolutely love it if someone gave me one for a day (or a month, or even a year!) to really test it out; I'd never knock that offer back, & I'd probably even love ryding it just for the experience, but when it all boils down to the gristle..... It's Not really my cup of tea. :sour:[/QUOTE]

Sure wish you didn't live on the other side of the 'pond' bro'....maybe one day we can be on the same continent for one helluva ride!

jerpinoy
11-16-2017, 07:41 PM
I want one.:yes::yes::yes:

IdahoMtnSpyder
11-16-2017, 11:14 PM
They don't show anywhere near enough of that model in the video.

The living one, not the H2SX. :roflblack: :roflblack:

Peteoz
11-17-2017, 02:50 PM
so that just about any schmuck with more money than sense can climb aboard & go fairly fast without a great deal of exertion or practice secure in the knowledge that the bike itself will look after them & recover from anything short of pure incompetence or idiocy! :gaah:

:sour:

So, basically you’re jealous that someone like me can now ride nearly as fast as you, Peter :D ....no ......wait......you said they couldn’t be incompetent or an idiot...bugger.. :ohyea:

Pete

Poseidon
11-17-2017, 07:36 PM

Here is it's big brother out running them. The touring version is slightly detuned, but I doubt it would have any problems out running them too. (The good part starts at 2:45)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WrtWGyhUvw