PDA

View Full Version : Pictures....from Mike....

Chupaca
11-15-2017, 06:52 PM
Here they are...the beam...the beam up...and the car coming down....:yes::yes:

155618 155617 155619

ARtraveler
11-15-2017, 07:29 PM
Thank you for posting. And HOLY COW on that Porsche. :bowdown::bowdown::firstplace::firstplace:

BLUEKNIGHT911
11-15-2017, 08:39 PM
Here they are...the beam...the beam up...and the car coming down....:yes::yes:

155618 155617 155619 Thank you Gene for putting these up on the board :clap::clap::clap::clap:..........Pic #1, is how I got the beam in and out of my garage .............Pic #2, is after I put the beam up and shows 18 of the 26ft...................Pic #3, is how I got the 917 off the Tractor that delivered it .... They put it over the Twin Axels of the tractor part , so they wouldn't have to move it ( not able to run ). So it was 4 ft. off the ground :yikes:..... I used the 26ft beams as the main section of the ramp ..... and that's the rest of the story :clap:....... Mike :thumbup:

Buckeye Bleau
11-15-2017, 11:46 PM
When we were in Maggie Valley and you showed me the picture I thought u were joking!

Well congrats ole buddy, now you will have to reengineer that toy!

Hmmmmm, does Rube Goldburgh come to mind? :roflblack:

Joe

BLUEKNIGHT911
11-16-2017, 12:31 AM
When we were in Maggie Valley and you showed me the picture I thought u were joking!

Well congrats ole buddy, now you will have to reengineer that toy!

Hmmmmm, does Rube Goldburgh come to mind? :roflblack:

Joe I'll try to get a pic up of where this V-8 is situated in the vehicle ... for now ( verbally ) the engine is between me and the passenger :yikes:, this is the Alternator and A/C compressor and the first cylinder ...... The seller provided a lot of pics ....but not one that showed this feature ...... As I said in a different post, I was going to cut the car in half so the engine could be accessed easily ..... well I'm still going to do this and ADD 12 inches onto the rear half ....and stretch the frame 12 inches ........This will allow me to fully enclose the passenger compartment with a firewall..........annnnnnnnnnd Rube will not be assisting :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack:...... Mike :thumbup:

Saluda
11-16-2017, 05:59 AM
[QUOTE=akspyderman] Thank you for posting. And HOLY COW on that Porsche. QUOTE]

Buckeye Bleau
11-16-2017, 07:37 AM
I'll try to get a pic up of where this V-8 is situated in the vehicle ... for now ( verbally ) the engine is between me and the passenger :yikes:, this is the Alternator and A/C compressor and the first cylinder ...... The seller provided a lot of pics ....but not one that showed this feature ...... As I said in a different post, I was going to cut the car in half so the engine could be accessed easily ..... well I'm still going to do this and ADD 12 inches onto the rear half ....and stretch the frame 12 inches ........This will allow:roflblack: me to fully enclose the passenger compartment with a firewall..........annnnnnnnnnd Rube will not be assisting :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack:...... Mike :thumbup:

Mike, you are one scary dude. I can imagine you putting a hitch on that things, pulling the RT with the trunk rmoved to Spyder Quest and unanimously winning the award for the most unique arrival vehicle! :roflblack::roflblack::yikes:

Joe

Bob Denman
11-16-2017, 07:44 AM
[QUOTE=akspyderman] Thank you for posting. And HOLY COW on that Porsche. QUOTE]

X 3! :2thumbs:

That's about what I thought you had done... When we had to do the same thing under our office (due to the weight of the filing cabinets), we used 1/2" steel...
You've stood right underneath them! :D

:congrats: on the successful conclusion!

BLUEKNIGHT911
11-16-2017, 08:39 AM
Mike, you are one scary dude. I can imagine you putting a hitch on that things, pulling the RT with the trunk rmoved to Spyder Quest and unanimously winning the award for the most unique arrival vehicle! :roflblack::roflblack::yikes:

Joe
Glad you re-minded me of my plans for a Hitch .... Yes I do plan for one , because now there is ZERO space for luggage or even a small duffel..... I have a trailer that I use with the RT that holds 18.5 cu.ft. and it's light enough ( 125lbs. ) to not put any strain on the 400hp engine in the car :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:...... Mike :thumbup:

SierraSue
11-16-2017, 12:03 PM
Whats wrong that it does not run? Something broke or just from sitting un used.

BLUEKNIGHT911
11-16-2017, 01:47 PM
Whats wrong that it does not run? Something broke or just from sitting un used.Actually it's brand new .... the wiring still needs to be connected ....... Mike :thumbup:

Peteoz
11-16-2017, 02:16 PM
So you’re going to cut a Porsche in half, extend the body, extend the frame and do the wiring, and you can’t add a photo to your posts? :shocked: :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Pete

cmbspyderrss
11-16-2017, 02:21 PM
So you’re going to cut a Porsche in half, extend the body, extend the frame and do the wiring, and you can’t add a photo to your posts? :shocked: :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Pete

Dont care who you are or how your feelings might get hurt but that's some funny stuff.

look forward to some pics

BLUEKNIGHT911
11-16-2017, 03:16 PM

Pete
:roflblack: .... Pete, I can now send Pics to other peoples phones ( not international though :banghead: ) ...... And I have always been a proponent of " you need to try to do it , before you say you Can't " ..... This project may sound daunting, but I'm thinking of doing it in this manner ...# 1., cut the body just behind the doors .... #2., on the rear half add a 16inch wide strip of ( either ) 28 ga. galvanized sheet metal or 26ga. aluminum by gluing & pop-riveting it to the rear section , leaving 12in. for the extended piece ..... #3., fiber-glassing over the metal and the body section, with most of the over-lap on the inside .... The car body alone weighs 600lbs :gaah:..... because it is mostly 1/4 in. thick ( very strong stuff ) ..... #4., when I get to the hinge part , I plan to fiberglass in a tubular frame inside the rear half, this will carry the weight when lifted ..... #5., I am going to construct a metal HOOP that will bolt into the front section and support the hinge system ....... annnnnnd all the wiring is already in place, it only needs to be connected ....and it's all labeled with connectors attached ..... Mike :thumbup:

Peteoz
11-16-2017, 06:19 PM
Yep.....that’s exactly the way I would do it too, Mike;) ......I’ll order one immediately......piece of cake :yikes:......just make sure you put the correct pressure in the Kendas when you install them :thumbup:

Pete

:roflblack: .... Pete, I can now send Pics to other peoples phones ( not international though :banghead: ) ...... And I have always been a proponent of " you need to try to do it , before you say you Can't " ..... This project may sound daunting, but I'm thinking of doing it in this manner ...# 1., cut the body just behind the doors .... #2., on the rear half add a 16inch wide strip of ( either ) 28 ga. galvanized sheet metal or 26ga. aluminum by gluing & pop-riveting it to the rear section , leaving 12in. for the extended piece ..... #3., fiber-glassing over the metal and the body section, with most of the over-lap on the inside .... The car body alone weighs 600lbs :gaah:..... because it is mostly 1/4 in. thick ( very strong stuff ) ..... #4., when I get to the hinge part , I plan to fiberglass in a tubular frame inside the rear half, this will carry the weight when lifted ..... #5., I am going to construct a metal HOOP that will bolt into the front section and support the hinge system ....... annnnnnd all the wiring is already in place, it only needs to be connected ....and it's all labeled with connectors attached ..... Mike :thumbup:

IGETAROUND
11-18-2017, 06:02 AM
Well sounds like you found something to replace your roof shoveling with this winter. Good luck on your project Mike.

Al