PDA

View Full Version : Spyedrman Exhaust

Dray
11-15-2017, 03:01 PM
I bought an exhaust at Spyder in the Hills in Boerne tx and I like it. WIFE does not,
to Loud and sounds like a cheap rice rocket!!!!!! So, I called Spyderman up, explained
my problem and he is mailing me baffles to quieten down things down.
Cannot beat that for after the sale service. HAPPY WIFE, HAPPY LIFE, and to be honest,
just a little too loud for these old ears without my ear plugs. The exhaust did make a
feel able difference in power. Not so much in gas mileage but that could be because
of my hot rodding it.

Dray

Dmetcalf
11-15-2017, 04:43 PM
I bought an exhaust at Spyder in the Hills in Boerne tx and I like it. WIFE does not,
to Loud and sounds like a cheap rice rocket!!!!!! So, I called Spyderman up, explained
Cannot beat that for after the sale service. HAPPY WIFE, HAPPY LIFE, and to be honest,
just a little too loud for these old ears without my ear plugs. The exhaust did make a
feel able difference in power. Not so much in gas mileage but that could be because
of my hot rodding it.

Dray

the wife & I love the exhaust and it gave me more low end power ..!! Good dude in Arkansas..!

Buckeye Chuck 54
11-15-2017, 06:13 PM
I own a 2014 RT-S and I have a hard time believing anybody would want to change the stock exhaust.
I like a quiet bike, I want to hear the tires, I want to hear the air passing my helmet. I've heard
aftermarket exhaust pipes, deleting the catalytic and stock exhaust makes the Spyder sound like
somebody who buys a Yamaha cruiser, then buys a cheap pipe to try to make it sound like a Harley.
I can tell the difference. Sounds like crap!! LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES!! BULLDOO!! Last time I heard
the sound comes out the back of the bike, not the front.
There's a vendor on this forum who was selling LED headlights. This vendor installed one side with
the LED then started the bike. I couldn't hear what was said. That crap pipe was so loud.
No thanks, I'll keep my stock exhaust. Besides, my wife can't hear when I finally get home at night!
Just my opinion but when I hear an altered pipe I'll just shake my head...
Chuck

of my hot rodding it.

Dray

ruralgirl
11-15-2017, 06:54 PM
I own a 2014 RT-S and I have a hard time believing anybody would want to change the stock exhaust.
I like a quiet bike, I want to hear the tires, I want to hear the air passing my helmet.
Chuck

Ditto with my 2015 RT-S. I want to hear my surroundings, plus I love the look on my biker friends' faces when I start her up and they just stand there staring, wondering when I'm going to turn the key and how I'm pulling away without power. I don't know if they're deaf from their bikes, deaf from too many rock concerts, or just in awe of silent technology, but it tickles me every time.

ARtraveler
11-15-2017, 07:41 PM
Lots of choices. Whatever floats your boat. :yes:

Wildrice
11-15-2017, 10:42 PM
of my hot rodding it.

Dray

There are several other baffles on Amazon besides the one that came with the CAT bypass--Probably fit your new muffler also.
Darrell

Dray
11-16-2017, 09:42 AM
As stated "whatever floats your boat" My boat floats when I can hear my exhaust
over the crashing noise of my motor. The exhaust did make a difference in power
and a quick run up thru the gears from idle to around 7500 rpm got my old heart
a pumping. Also, the small lapse between gear shifting has gone away.

Dray:yes::yes::yes::yes:

Bob Denman
11-16-2017, 10:39 AM
:D I also prefer a quiet bike, but can sure appreciate how he's taking care of his customers! :clap: :2thumbs:

Dmetcalf
11-16-2017, 05:39 PM
I probably shed 60 lbs by getting rid of the cat and stick pipe that combined probably weighted 80 lbs. The new pipe & exhaust might weigh 25 lbs. So I shed some weight, got rid of that hot catalytic converters and gained a great sounding pipe and low end torque..! Easy decision for me. But like someone said earlier, whatever floats your boat ..!
The guy and his wife that owns that business are some of the most honest people I have ever met.