PDA

View Full Version : Covered Trailer for two?

Dstrat
11-04-2017, 08:24 PM
I have a ‘13 STL and my husband has his eye on an F3T. He’d like to look into getting a covered trailer so we can put both bikes in there for cross country trips. My open 12 ft trailer fits my Spyder and his two-wheeler but is way too small for two Spyders, and we’re thinking we need a 16 footer.
Anyone trailering two? And if so, what do you use?

IdahoMtnSpyder
11-04-2017, 09:04 PM
I have a ‘13 STL and my husband has his eye on an F3T. He’d like to look into getting a covered trailer so we can put both bikes in there for cross country trips. My open 12 ft trailer fits my Spyder and his two-wheeler but is way too small for two Spyders, and we’re thinking we need a 16 footer.
Google is your friend here. Put the following into a Google search box: trailer two spyders site:spyderlovers.com. I came up with 5800 hits!

The reason for using Google search is because the forum search will not accept words less than 4 letters.

Richardv
11-05-2017, 09:03 AM

As you can see in my signature, been there, did that.... but to fit 4 I needed not less than 20' ,with the RSS and ST . The floor bed is 7'6" X 20' . And some of the mufflers are out of the floor bed on the right side.....

So, with an RT and F3 with the side bags...you might not be able to "interlace" them as tight as we do.... merely a few inches in between them.

Draw it in your driveway with chalk..... you will see if it will fit..... ;)

Dstrat
11-05-2017, 10:06 AM
Good idea to chalk it out. I will do that. We had planned to remove the saddlebags to get a closer fit, putting one in backwards, but will play around with that. Thanks for the great suggestion! :)

redrt
11-05-2017, 01:13 PM
We have a 20 foot aluminum R&R enclosed trailer, not for hauling but we store them in it for winter. It has a 15w solar panel on top to keep the battery up, an awning to sit under and all the lights you could want inside. The trailers main use is dirt bikes in the summer, tools ect inside. You might get by with a shorter one if you go car hauler wide and back them up. We went for the smaller wide to see better when towing. Jim

UtahPete
11-05-2017, 06:44 PM
Good idea to chalk it out. I will do that. We had planned to remove the saddlebags to get a closer fit, putting one in backwards, but will play around with that. Thanks for the great suggestion! :)

I thought from your OP you were looking for an enclosed trailer?

UtahPete
11-05-2017, 06:45 PM
We have a 20 foot aluminum R&R enclosed trailer, not for hauling but we store them in it for winter. It has a 15w solar panel on top to keep the battery up, an awning to sit under and all the lights you could want inside. The trailers main use is dirt bikes in the summer, tools ect inside. You might get by with a shorter one if you go car hauler wide and back them up. We went for the smaller wide to see better when towing. Jim

Pics would be helpful.

pauly1
11-10-2017, 08:58 AM
We have an Aluma 7 x 16 with a 3' v-front. We have an St-Ltd w/trailer hitch, 2 F3-S w/saddlebags, and a two-wheeled bagger. Any two will fit in-line with one of the Spyders being backed into the nose. Tare weight on the trailer is 1700#, with two 900# bikes gets the full load weight to ~3500 to 3700# with gear in the trailer.

I like the 7' width: we've owned wider trailers but they pull very hard due to wind resistance. Our pull vehicles have been Ford "150"-class van and pickup w/5.4 ltr motors over the past dozen years.

Wayne