PDA

View Full Version : top case for 2016 limited .

Mr.philgood
11-03-2017, 01:42 PM
I am considering purchasing a top case with speakers and panels . I am wondering could a person put this on or would a dealer have to put it on . I viewed the 5 minute process to take it off on line , but some friend said it would be different putting it on for the first time . Has anyone else bought the top case and put it on himself ?

Kathy76065
11-03-2017, 07:39 PM
I am considering purchasing a top case with speakers and panels . I am wondering could a person put this on or would a dealer have to put it on . I viewed the 5 minute process to take it off on line , but some friend said it would be different putting it on for the first time . Has anyone else bought the top case and put it on himself ?

I ordered a factory top case for my F3T and installed it myself in about 3 hours.
Take your time and follow the instructions on the Can Am BRP web page

http://instructions.brp.com/content/instruction-sheet/en_CA/e-instruction-details.html#articleNo=kA0a0000000l1sMCAQ&lang=en_CA&title=ROADSTER%20KIT%20-%20Top%20Case%20with%20Integrated%20Passenger%20Ba ckrest&rel_part_number=219400732

Just a reminder that you will have to oreder and pay for the side panels painted to match your bike as well as purchase the amp package to be able to utilize the rear speakers.

Do a search here and read other posts regarding the top case from others.
There are other several less expensive options available, unless you are dead set on the Can Am case.

I love the looks of mine on the bike but looking back I would not do it again.
PM if you are interested in my personal thoughts about the top case.
Good luck and ride safe.

I-Day
11-03-2017, 08:29 PM
I had my dealer put my top case on and love it! The extra storage is great but the sound on the F3T with the top case and amp is AWESOME!

Mr.philgood
11-03-2017, 11:27 PM
Thanks for the advice , I have thought about a trailer hitch and trailer !

I ordered a factory top case for my F3T and installed it myself in about 3 hours.
Take your time and follow the instructions on the Can Am BRP web page

http://instructions.brp.com/content/instruction-sheet/en_CA/e-instruction-details.html#articleNo=kA0a0000000l1sMCAQ&lang=en_CA&title=ROADSTER%20KIT%20-%20Top%20Case%20with%20Integrated%20Passenger%20Ba ckrest&rel_part_number=219400732

Just a reminder that you will have to oreder and pay for the side panels painted to match your bike as well as purchase the amp package to be able to utilize the rear speakers.

Do a search here and read other posts regarding the top case from others.
There are other several less expensive options available, unless you are dead set on the Can Am case.

I love the looks of mine on the bike but looking back I would not do it again.
PM if you are interested in my personal thoughts about the top case.
Good luck and ride safe.

Mr.philgood
11-03-2017, 11:30 PM
Thanks for the reply . I am torn between a trailer, a top case, or both

I had my dealer put my top case on and love it! The extra storage is great but the sound on the F3T with the top case and amp is AWESOME!

Kathy76065
11-04-2017, 08:04 AM
Thanks for the reply . I am torn between a trailer, a top case, or both

When Kathy bought her RTL from an individual it came with a Can Am trailer and we love it. We used it when we attended the Spyders in the Hills Rally a few weeks ago. We had a couple of overnight bags, two folding lawn chairs, and small ice chest with drinks. Kathy says she had to keep checking her mirrors to make sure it was still there it pulled so easy.

There are several vendors selling quality trailers as well as good used ones available. Search prior postings here for input from others on trailers and shop around if you go that route. You should be able to find a trailer for the same cost as a new factory top case and side panels.

Ryde safe