PDA

View Full Version : Royal Purple vs. Amsoil

irish2themax
05-16-2009, 05:54 PM
I asked my mechanic what he thought of Royal Purple Max and he said he would use it himself. He suggested Amsoil synthetic (http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/mcf.aspx) which looks good on paper but only comes in 10W40. If you believe the hype, it scores better than RP Max.

Has anyone ever heard of or used Amsoil?

ataDude
05-16-2009, 06:48 PM
I use Amsoil in everything... including the lawn mowers. Have for quite a few years. Never a problem... but I suspect all fully synthetic oils are pretty similar... head and shoulders better than dino or blended.

I asked my mechanic what he thought of Royal Purple Max and he said he would use it himself. He suggested Amsoil synthetic (http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/mcf.aspx) which looks good on paper but only comes in 10W40. If you believe the hype, it scores better than RP Max.

Spydr in KS
05-16-2009, 07:17 PM
Just changed to the Amsoil 10w40 last night. :popcorn:

BLACK WIDOW
05-16-2009, 07:18 PM

I use Amzoil motorcycle oil in my GL 1800 Goldwing. I also use Mobil 1 Racing 4T, both 10W40; (pure synthetic ) and I am currently using the Mobil 1 in the Spyder. These are both EXCELLENT oils for motorcycles that lubricate the engine, clutch, and transmission from a common sump. I dought that one could find any better regradless of the brand. I will not use the BRP oil.:spyder:

Dudley
05-16-2009, 07:21 PM
Well, I am sold on Royal Purple. Comes down to what one feels is right for him/her. In the end, it's the engine running that wins out.

effgjamis
05-16-2009, 07:25 PM
AmsOil speaks for itself... amsoil.com

BLACK WIDOW
05-16-2009, 07:31 PM
Well, I am sold on Royal Purple. Comes down to what one feels is right for him/her. In the end, it's the engine running that wins out.

I have never used Royal Purple motor oil; However, if it is pure synthetic and JASCO MA/MA2 certified I'm sure it is a fine oil.:thumbup:

NJERNIE
05-16-2009, 07:44 PM
I'VE USED AMSOIL FOR THE PAST 2000 MILES IN MY SPYDER WITH NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER. PLAN TO CONTINUE USING IT.

Tonnaspyder
05-16-2009, 10:12 PM
I started using Amsoil about 9 years ago in my truck and was so impressed with the increased gas mileage, smoother cold starting, lower operating temps, and extended drain intervals that I became an Amsoil dealer about 3 years ago and run it exclusively in every engine I own including my Spyder,cars, lawnmowers, snowmobiles, outboard motors, etc. I have customers who have over 150,000 miles on their vehicles and they run like new while only having to change oil every 25,000 miles. Amsoil is the original synthetic oil for over 35 years. There are other synthetic oils out there but no other company has as much experience with synthetic oils, has as many long term loyal customers, and stands behind their product as well as Amsoil. For the cost and proven performance, there isn't a better choice than Amsoil.

Spydr in KS
05-16-2009, 11:12 PM
Hmm some publish third party test data (Amsoil) and some publish magazine articles on their website. Where's the data?

Roger
05-17-2009, 12:46 PM
Amsoil was the first synthetic invented and is very good. i'am sure royal purple is just fine. i have a 2009 scion XB with 3000 miles on it that came with regular 10w-40 bulk oil i just switched to mobil 1 5w-20 syn i will let you know how i make out with that in 5000 miles.

bjt
05-17-2009, 03:09 PM
I mostly use Spectro oils in my Spyder but last summer I put in Amsoil 10W40 and used Amsoil 0W40 in it this past winter. The Spyder ran just as good with the Amsoil as with either the Spectro or BRP oils.