PDA

View Full Version : Waterproof Trailer Power

Roadster Renovations
10-30-2017, 06:24 PM
When we are working on cages or machining parts and need the room, in the summer it is a simple matter of moving both Spyders outside. In bad or cold weather we will put them in the trailer as a makeshift garage. The wife doesn't ryde in the winter as much as I do, so her RT sits longer than mine. I wanted to have a waterproof and critter proof way of using float chargers, lights, even some heat if needed so I purchased a waterproof box from Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001SH5U0E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I then made a hole in the waterproof box, then in the floor of the trailer and ran a cut off extension cord through leaving about a foot hanging out of the box. Using sealer, I then secured the box upside down under the trailer allowing enough room to secure the locking tabs and sealing the box. I then used conduit off of the hole in the floor and sat a plastic outlet box on top of that. It was then a simple matter to wire the cord into an outlet, install it, and then add a cover. Completely critter and water proof. When we are on the road we leave the box closed totally out of the way. Then, when the weather hits, we run an extension cord and open the box and plug in.

This is the second trailer I have outlined this way and it has worked flawlessly. Thought someone might like to have this mod....

Chupaca
10-30-2017, 07:51 PM
I know you can do pictures and videos...:roflblack: sounds like you solved the problem nicely. But then your a handy guy...:2thumbs:

Roadster Renovations
10-30-2017, 08:39 PM
I know you can do pictures and videos...:roflblack: sounds like you solved the problem nicely. But then your a handy guy...:2thumbs:

Let the ground dry a little and I'll shoot some pictures.