PDA

View Full Version : HELP WITH SHIPPING

Robertc610
10-30-2017, 06:13 PM
Hey all so I purchased a new F3-S and the company I am shipping with needs the vehicle to be in neutral during shipping. Is there anyway of keeping the spyder in neutral without the parking brake being on or will that alarm just keep beeping? Any suggestions on how to do this would be much appreciated.

IdahoMtnSpyder
10-30-2017, 06:18 PM
Hey all so I purchased a new F3-S and the company I am shipping with needs the vehicle to be in neutral during shipping. Is there anyway of keeping the spyder in neutral without the parking brake being on or will that alarm just keep beeping? Any suggestions on how to do this would be much appreciated.
If it's the SE transmission it'll roll even when in gear as the clutch will be disengaged. If it's like the RT the "You forgot to set the parking brake, dummy!" beeping stops after about 20 seconds. I leave mine in the garage all the time with parking brake not set.

Robertc610
10-30-2017, 06:44 PM
If it's the SE transmission it'll roll even when in gear as the clutch will be disengaged. If it's like the RT the "You forgot to set the parking brake, dummy!" beeping stops after about 20 seconds. I leave mine in the garage all the time with parking brake not set.

So just to make sure I'm tracking when I call the dealership tomorrow just have them turn the parking brake off and it should roll no problem and the beeping will stop eventually?

IdahoMtnSpyder
10-30-2017, 08:38 PM
So just to make sure I'm tracking when I call the dealership tomorrow just have them turn the parking brake off and it should roll no problem and the beeping will stop eventually?
Yes.

Robertc610
10-30-2017, 09:26 PM
Yes.
Awesome thanks for the help man. I'm hoping the guys at the shop I bought it from know that. You think they would be an authorized dealer but you never know

PaladinLV
10-30-2017, 10:48 PM
Remember

Yo must run the spyder ON in order to disengage the parking brake!!!! :)

AJ

Awesome thanks for the help man. I'm hoping the guys at the shop I bought it from know that. You think they would be an authorized dealer but you never know

purplepig
10-31-2017, 07:35 AM
i shipped my Rt last year across the US and left in it neutral. I put a huge note in plastic in dash saying it would roll and attached two plastic wheel chocks to luggage rack with zip ties and carabiner clips. No issues what so ever. Yes beeping stops after awhile.