PDA

View Full Version : Anyone own a KompactKamp Trailer?

wd8ajj
10-30-2017, 03:33 PM
Looking at getting a Kompack kamp trailer and wonder if anyone owns one and what they think of it.
Also are there any dealers? Can't find any listed and none show up used for sale on many sites.

Bob Denman
10-30-2017, 04:31 PM
I've got a friend who pulls her up and down the Eastern Seaboard: she LOVES it! :clap: :2thumbs: :yes:
They sell directly to the consumer: give them a call! :thumbup:
Happy shopping!
(And buy the awning too! :D)

sidecarrick
10-31-2017, 09:10 AM
I got one, Very Happy:D

Buckeye Bleau
10-31-2017, 09:15 AM
I just met Andy M. down at Maggie Valley earlier this month, he pulls one.

That unit was very nice and he would not separate from it for anything. He did admit that if there were two people it would be an issue for him because one would have to crawl over the other to exit.

He is from Long Island, then Maine now in Florida and he just completed a trip up to Nova Scotia with his rig. He is rarely on this site, but he is a huge advocate of the Kamper.

Joe

WA5VHU
10-31-2017, 11:07 PM
I think they are really cute but too small for the wife and I.

You might want to go over to http://www.motocampers.com/ and ask there as that forum is for motorcycles towing cargo and camping trailers. Nice group over there.

CMA/IBA_rider
11-01-2017, 06:43 AM
Wife and I pulled ours all over the United States behind a Goldwing. Earlier this year pulled it behind RT on a Iron Butt run. All 48 states and Alaska in 10 days. No problems.

crafty
11-01-2017, 09:36 AM
We have a Time Out Trailer Deluxe version that has a queen size bed and a table to sit at. It is very compact with traveling. We love it. We traveled to Indiana to pick it up.

UtahPete
11-01-2017, 10:49 AM
Looking at getting a Kompack kamp trailer and wonder if anyone owns one and what they think of it. Also are there any dealers? Can't find any listed and none show up used for sale on many sites.

There are some dealers that carry KompactKamp trailers (google it). Here's one in Florida; http://www.billstrailersales.com/trailers/

UtahPete
11-01-2017, 10:53 AM
We own their pet trailer. Seems to be well made. Shipping can be expensive.

wd8ajj
11-01-2017, 07:04 PM
It looks like all that have one are happy with them. I did talk to the company and they do not have any authorized dealers but admit there are a few that have sold them. I did talk to the one in Florida and shipping to New Mexico is a killer. There are no dealers west of the Mississippi and none listed on the used market. That alone says a lot about the unit.
Think I will proceed with the factory being they are having a sale on them and pay the shipping. From Fla is a lot more!

gnorthern
11-03-2017, 08:54 AM
It looks to me like they have a conventional ball attachment. How do they connect to a Spyder?

wd8ajj
11-05-2017, 08:48 PM
Connects with a trailer hitch and ball on the spyder 17/8 ball. Same one thats on my old trailer.
Did order one Friday so hope to have it in a week or 2

Buckeye Bleau
11-05-2017, 09:02 PM
Connects with a trailer hitch and ball on the spyder 17/8 ball. Same one thats on my old trailer.
Did order one Friday so hope to have it in a week or 2
:congrats: I would think that this will serve you well.

Joe

IdahoMtnSpyder
11-05-2017, 09:15 PM
It looks to me like they have a conventional ball attachment. How do they connect to a Spyder?
Optional BRP or after market hitch and wiring harness has to installed on the Spyder.