PDA

View Full Version : Enough juice in the 622 trailer to power led light

Brentc
10-28-2017, 02:20 PM
Has anyone installed a small light inside their 622 trailer that is powered off the 12volt existing wiring of the trailer and has a manual on/off switch? I’m thinking about adding one and would like to know what has worked for anyone else?

Thanks in advance.

Bob Denman
10-28-2017, 02:27 PM
The draw on a small LED strip is really tiny... Your 622 won't have any trouble absorbing the extra load. :thumbup:

Cruzr Joe
10-28-2017, 02:46 PM
A strip of LED lights with a shutoff switch works great. No problem

Cruzr Joe

UtahPete
10-28-2017, 03:18 PM
Has anyone installed a small light inside their 622 trailer that is powered off the 12volt existing wiring of the trailer and has a manual on/off switch? I’m thinking about adding one and would like to know what has worked for anyone else? Thanks in advance.
The running light circuit can handle the draw but the ignition switch will need to be on to power it

Mazo EMS2
10-28-2017, 03:47 PM
I don't have a 622, or BRP harness, or a BRP hitch for that matter, but I wired a couple LED strips in my trailer to the running light circuit with a switch. Yeah, the key has to be "on", but if I'm digging around in my trailer in the dark, chances are it'll be hooked up to the bike...:thumbup:

ofdave
10-28-2017, 03:57 PM
an LED with more than enough light will draw 5 amps or less.
Hundreds on ebay-take a look

IdahoMtnSpyder
10-28-2017, 05:32 PM
I used these https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/side-emitting/waterproof-side-emitting-led-light-strips-outdoor-led-tape-light-with-18-smdsft-1-chip-smd-led-335/102/491/ glued to the inside of the frunk gasket. They do a super job of shining down into the frunk. I think they would be just what you would want for the 622 trailer. You need to use an adhesive promoter to get good adhesion. https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/adhesives/3m-automotive-adhesion-promoter/3046/6648/

Brentc
10-29-2017, 04:54 AM
Looks like I’m shopping for some strip led’s then.

Brentc
10-29-2017, 07:32 AM
I had an extra led trailer fixture from a previous project. It has a two wire, hot and ground, style connection. Anyone familiar with a 2010 brp 622 trailer know what and where would be the best location and wires to use to connect my fixture?

Thsnks in advance

Buckeye Bleau
10-29-2017, 07:38 AM
I installed the TricLED side lights along the side of the trailer. They start yellow at the front and change to red in the rear and there are a LOT of lights. There has not been an issue, they are on anytime the trailer is plugged into the harness.

Good Luck, Joe

Buckeye Bleau
10-29-2017, 07:41 AM
I had an extra led trailer fixture from a previous project. It has a two wire, hot and ground, style connection. Anyone familiar with a 2010 brp 622 trailer know what and where would be the best location and wires to use to connect my fixture?

Thsnks in advance

I have a 2014 622, maybe the 2010 is similar. Open the front hatch and pull the carpet back that is just below the hatch on the side of the trailer. This would be just inside the yellow side marker light. Those wires are running light wires, splice into them and you are hot.

Joe

Brentc
10-29-2017, 08:03 AM
Safe to assume there is power and ground there?

I have a 2014 622, maybe the 2010 is similar. Open the front hatch and pull the carpet back that is just below the hatch on the side of the trailer. This would be just inside the yellow side marker light. Those wires are running light wires, splice into them and you are hot.

Joe

jaherbst
10-29-2017, 08:17 AM
Why not a simple LED light with self contained AAA battery and a push button on off switch? No wiring required and battery lasts forever. These can be

found in most Auto Parts stores and cost very little. My truck tonneau cover has one and they are great. Why tie this into the wiring system and make life

more difficult?

Jack

Brentc
10-29-2017, 08:37 AM
That's the way I have it now, but I want to try the other route to see if I can get away from having to remove and replace batteries periodically. I forgot to remove them last year and they leaked and corroded the unit I had in there.

Why not a simple LED light with self contained AAA battery and a push button on off switch? No wiring required and battery lasts forever. These can be

found in most Auto Parts stores and cost very little. My truck tonneau cover has one and they are great. Why tie this into the wiring system and make life

more difficult?

Jack

Bob Denman
10-29-2017, 11:23 AM
Why not a simple LED light with self contained AAA battery and a push button on off switch? No wiring required and battery lasts forever.
Hi Jack! :D
Can you give us a better definition of what "forever" is? :dontknow:

jaherbst
10-29-2017, 01:01 PM
Hi Jack! :D
Can you give us a better definition of what "forever" is? :dontknow:

Forever: That would be from now til your looking up at the roots of Daisey's. :D

Seriously, I put one in my 622 in 2013 and it still works without changing a battery. Granted I do not use it much but off the shelf batteries are good up to 10 years with no use. With very little use ???? I think it is easy to forget to turn the LED Light off and once the batterie is depleted then you will have degeneration of such and acid leak. I think he left it on or used it a lot. ;)

Had one in my 2013 Ford F-150 under the tonneau that was still working after four years till I traded it in for my Super Duty King Ranch this year. Never changed the batterie.

Jack