PDA

View Full Version : One more time...😲

Chupaca
10-27-2017, 06:53 PM
Down to $4,444.00 in the bank and $145,000,000.00 in debt the production date has been pushed back once again to.....last quarter of 2019...who is it..? :roflblack:

bodymanpainter
10-27-2017, 06:57 PM
Elio? :dontknow:

PocoToro
10-27-2017, 07:02 PM
Elio Motors :dontknow::rolleyes:

IdahoMtnSpyder
10-27-2017, 10:51 PM
Elio share price one year to date.

Elio share price 5 days to date.

Local news articles are using the word "failure."

IdahoMtnSpyder
10-27-2017, 11:08 PM
Quote from a 10/13/17 Shreveport TV station article: https://www.ktbs.com/3investigates/elio-motors-blames-shreveport-media-politicians-for-company-s-failure/article_16b51fb2-b05f-11e7-870d-9b8eae66fe48.html

Lichter attributed Elio's failures to Shreveport's unsupportive business environment, poor workforce and outmatched state tax incentives for the quirky three-wheel autocycle's failure.
Lichter admitted to the industrial board Elio does not occupy the former GM plant. Lichter said he did not know if Elio would ever build a car and he would not confirm if Elio's last ditch effort to get listed on the Nasdaq stock exchange to raise $100 million from investors has been approved or denied.
Lichter is the person who is leasing the old GM factory site in Shreveport and is a major stockholder in Elio. I don't see anything about him continuing to invest in Elio. They're trying to get listed on NASDAQ so they can raise $100,000,000 from investors. He's subleasing part, if not all, of the plant to Hyundai Glovis.

Sure sounds like Elio is same as dead.

ofdave
10-28-2017, 07:42 AM
Elio is a code name for Nigerian Prince.
They have time shares available for the Brooklyn Bridge on their website too.

PrairieSpyder
10-28-2017, 07:43 PM
Sounds like all their revenue is from leasing the plant to someone else!

I wonder how many t-shirts they sold?

ARtraveler
10-28-2017, 08:32 PM
Elio.

Going, going...

The "I told you so's" are just waiting in the wings. :popcorn::popcorn: This time instead of BBQ because I think the time is short. :yes:

IdahoMtnSpyder
10-28-2017, 09:19 PM
Sounds like all their revenue is from leasing the plant to someone else!

I wonder how many t-shirts they sold?
Lot of people down there are upset because they got talked into leasing the plant to a vapor project instead of someone real like Hummer. I think so far Hyundai is only leasing part of the plant, and I'm not sure they're in there yet. From what I gather in the news article Hyundai is using it for an import warehouse and after-manufacturing upgrades to cars for the American market. The revenue from subleasing goes to Lichter, not Elio. And I'm not sure Lichter is even making lease payments to Caddo Parish, current owner of the plant. They got it for a song from GM.

The whole thing is a big mess and a lot of finger pointing going on. But then incompetence in governance at all levels is a hallmark of Louisiana.

jerpinoy
10-28-2017, 11:04 PM
Too bad can't take them to court:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::bang head:Hell they know what their doing so am I coz I did not put down any $$$$$$$$$. Would have been very expensive t shirt.

Fat Baxter
10-29-2017, 10:39 PM
When gasoline was pushing $4.50 to $5 per gallon, the Elio kinda made sense. Thanks to fracking, the price of gas has dropped dramatically, and there are now better - and more comfortable - alternatives to the Elio.

But I still think it would be a hoot to have one!