PDA

View Full Version : Tucked the Spyder away for the winter

dpetrick
10-27-2017, 11:33 AM
Spyder is safely tucked away for the winter. Was almost 70 degrees on Wednesday, so I rode it to my BIL's acreage, and put in in the shed. Was a nice 1 hour drive. Thursday was cold and high winds and today it is snowing. It is plugged in to the tender. I have enough room in the garage, at home, so I still have the Nomad to ride if a few nice days show up. When spring arrives I plan on having some work done. New plugs and wires (Again) . this time I will use Baja Rons, if the dealer will install them, as the last two set of OEM did not last long. One set lasted two months, were replaced under parts warranty, and it is running rough again. Also new vacuum lines and other rubber hoses for cooling system. I want to make sure my 2009 Spyder is ready for the season. Any other suggestions for service work to make sure it is ready to roll in spring?

SPYD3R
10-27-2017, 02:29 PM
i feel sorry for those of you that aren't able to ride all year long......
here in SoCar, we have 12 mths of riding, yet during the Summer it can be rather hot, and rather cold in the Winter... but dressed properly, we manage on those days...
we'll be riding thru IOWA next July on our way to/from the SPYD3R EVENT in Deadwood, SD.... give me a wave when you see us...
Dan P
SPYD3R

ARtraveler
10-27-2017, 02:40 PM
Most of us who now have the :f_spider:'s in "winter sleep" mode are also feeling your pain.

I see by on the news this AM that your area is getting pounded by an early winter blizzard. My ex town Duluth, is getting plus 5", a record for them for early snowfall.

Good news: Only 155 days until March 31. :yes::yes::yes:

scarecrow
10-27-2017, 03:08 PM
Sad day.

Chupaca
10-27-2017, 04:05 PM
May it be a short winter :pray: and as pleasant as possible...:spyder:

Deanna777
10-28-2017, 02:44 PM
I put my spyder into hibernation last week-end. Now the farke season starts:roflblack::roflblack:.

I have an other winter adventure that I'll be trying this winter. Which will take some of the Parked Motorcycle Syndrome away.

Deanna

Deanna777
10-28-2017, 02:46 PM
May it be a short winter :pray: and as pleasant as possible...:spyder::agree: ​Deanna

jojo
10-28-2017, 03:10 PM
I don't put my cycles in hibernation. Here in central Ohio for the last 8 or 10 years I've been able to ride all 12 months of the year. There's been at least one or two days every month (even in January and February) that have been in the high 50's or 60's that I can get out in. Last year I even had to refuel a couple of times thru the "winter".

Global warming is real, no matter what your President will tell you. : )

(But I do add StaBil fuel stabilizer to my tank just in case).

Joe

Mazo EMS2
10-28-2017, 03:57 PM
Not yet....here in southern WI it warms up into the 50's pretty regularly in November, so I'll get a few more rides in before tucking it away.