PDA

View Full Version : Monster Fuel ECM reflash versus Power Commander 5 on 2015 F3's

Wildrice
10-26-2017, 09:09 PM
What's the difference--any preference.??

Chupaca
10-26-2017, 10:51 PM
Big difference...:lecturef_smilie:

trikermutha
10-27-2017, 05:32 AM
One is a piggy back the other is programmed into the ECM

Wildrice
10-27-2017, 09:53 AM
One is a piggy back the other is programmed into the ECM

Yes --I'm well aware of the earlier model Power Commanders & we flashed almost everything on our Hayabusa's. The difference I was referring to is when certain things change like the weather-barometric pressure, temperature. I had an OX Sensor welded port & screwed into my exhaust pipe, an Innovate Motorsports DL32 Data logger with flexible sensors for RPM, MAP, temperature, duty cycle, and analog inputs. Reflashing is permanent. I was wondering if the PC 5 had the ability to analyze & update info sent to the ECU & if either is better for performance. My Power Commander was a model 3 which we discarded it & all shift delay timing--all add-ons info were directly flashed into the ecu. Actually it had 2 Maps & we could change with a flip of a switch. Current Power Commander is model 5 & has lots of new features Model 3 didn't have.
Darrell

mackanigbg
11-01-2017, 05:51 AM
Hi,
I had the PC5 with Autotune sensor on my Yamaha Raptor 700 and you just choose the most similar map for your vehicleīs hardware on their web page, and then it will automatically adjust the map based on your driving.

You can set in a value in % how much is allowed to adjust automatically when driving and also set the AFR value to a certain amount from the beginning which becomes the start value for the future adjustments.

The more you drive the closer you get to the perfect map and you can after a while change the possible adjustment from default 20% to maybe 5% to always make it possible for it to adjust for example when driving in sun, rain, cold season/weather, warm season/weather and so on.

Hope itīs to some help even if itīs a similar case :)

hypurone
11-03-2017, 09:15 PM
What's the difference--any preference.?? I thought you had the flash done already? Regardless, I would go with the flash (even though my result was less than expected) as it accesses and modifies the restrictions BRP has in place within the ECM, limiting what we "are allowed" to get in HP & Torque, according to Steve @ Monster.... A PC-V will never be able to achieve this on its own. Or are you asking if you should ADD a PC-V on top of the flash? :dontknow:

Wildrice
11-04-2017, 08:23 PM
I thought you had the flash done already? Regardless, I would go with the flash (even though my result was less than expected) as it accesses and modifies the restrictions BRP has in place within the ECM, limiting what we "are allowed" to get in HP & Torque, according to Steve @ Monster.... A PC-V will never be able to achieve this on its own. Or are you asking if you should ADD a PC-V on top of the flash? :dontknow:

Always looking for more power. Somebody needs to build a 3 wheel ramp with rollers on the front for a rear wheel dyno. Say what they want about a dyno==the proof in in the pudding...I've had the DL32 Data Log with Ox sensor in my exhaust with ECU re-flashing. I understand the best of the best use the data logger, especially in the mile. But where's the proof for just modifying the ECU/ECM. See the bottom A/F line---looks like it was drawn with a ruler( that;s very good). What's the timing setting? The dyno tuner gives you a map. How else would you know what's been changed or what to change or what the end results were in torque & rwhp per rpm??
Darrell

hypurone
11-05-2017, 06:05 PM
Always looking for more power. Somebody needs to build a 3 wheel ramp with rollers on the front for a rear wheel dyno. Say what they want about a dyno==the proof in in the pudding...I've had the DL32 Data Log with Ox sensor in my exhaust with ECU re-flashing. I understand the best of the best use the data logger, especially in the mile. But where's the proof for just modifying the ECU/ECM. See the bottom A/F line---looks like it was drawn with a ruler( that;s very good). What's the timing setting? The dyno tuner gives you a map. How else would you know what's been changed or what to change or what the end results were in torque & rwhp per rpm??
Darrell
155223I love dyno's! My point was with what Steve was saying about how BRP has put "limitations" in the ECM that restrict what torque/hp we get and when, that a PC-V alone wouldn't do as much as the flash alone could. That said, adding a PC-V on top of the flash could get you some HP. But it would most likely require the removal/disablement of the OEM O2 as most Power Commander installs do. And we know the OEM system wouldn't like that! Trying to piggy back a second Lambda sensor for the PC-V would just have the two fighting each other....