PDA

View Full Version : making progress

Myron Ah
10-26-2017, 04:12 PM
Had shoulder surgery August 1st. Partial replacement and clean up. Therapy went well but looked like Spring before riding again. This past Tuesday I did 2 sets of 10 clutch squeezes. Hand felt great. Arm/shoulder felt good reaching and holding the bars. Got brave and decided to try going around the wrap around driveway. Felt good. However, the Spyder would not stop and back into the garage!?!It went to the end of the driveway and turned right and drove around the neighborhood cul-de-sac. OK I thought. However, it would not turn back into my driveway!!??!! Instead, it went to the intersection with the main road and turned right, heading for the village. About 1 mile down the road before the village I managed to get it turned around in a parking lot. Heading back home the Spyder turned into another development and added another 2/3 of a mile and more turning and shifting. It took all I had to muscle it left onto my road and into the garage but I did it. Alittle over 2 miles but what a great feeling.:yes: :yes::yes: Should be good to go next year but some short rides are going to happen before real cold weather. So thankful to God for recovery sofar.

Buckeye Bleau
10-26-2017, 04:16 PM
I am certainly pleased that your recovery is progressing so well, kudos!

However, that unruly machine of yours is showing blatant disrespect with such aweful behavior. Curse that demon, but in the end you both survived and hopefully the neglect will soon be forgotten.

Joe

ARtraveler
10-26-2017, 04:53 PM
:2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

Saluda
10-26-2017, 04:56 PM
Get well soon.

Chupaca
10-26-2017, 05:20 PM
but don't push it...:lecturef_smilie: your spyder will always take you the long road...you need to put a shock collar on her....:roflblack:

Myron Ah
10-26-2017, 06:42 PM
I think it knew I needed more. To be pushed. Just like my Physical Therapist pushes the shoulder.:thumbup:

DGoebel
10-26-2017, 06:50 PM
Amen Brother, Amen to that.... I'd rather have a unruly Spyder than none....:thumbup:

Myron Ah
10-29-2017, 07:35 PM
Actually put the gear on and went for a short 12 mile ride Saturday. Shoulder felt really good. Arthritic hands felt like they always do. :2thumbs::riding:

2dogs
10-29-2017, 10:06 PM
Wish you happy and safe riding for many years to come. :thumbup:

CelticCross
10-30-2017, 02:50 PM
Myron,

Do take precautions. I had shoulder surgery last year and felt so good afterwards that I did not heed my doctors advice. My extra curricular activity actually slowed down my overall recovery process. Lesson learned. I hope that you have a complete and uneventful recovery.

CC

wd8ajj
10-30-2017, 04:17 PM
After going through 4 right shoulder surgery's, all total and revisions, it did set be back a few but never stopped me from riding also. Take your time. I did get the adjustable bars for my 2014 RT and made a 100% improvement and comfort riding. Worth the $$ :clap:

Just an FYI I lost the shoulder to MERSA infection and lost 60% of my mobility of the right arm. 12 Hip surgery's both legs, Left shoulder and back surgery but who's counting. I'll maybe stop when put in the pine box......

Buckeye Chuck 54
10-31-2017, 10:30 AM
My '14 RT-S has the same thing. Despite my desire to go one direction, my Spyder does what it wants, goes the other way. It has a mind of it's own. It's good to know I'm not the only rider who has this "problem".
Hope the healing goes well. Spring will be here soon.

Chuck

Had shoulder surgery August 1st. Partial replacement and clean up. Therapy went well but looked like Spring before riding again. This past Tuesday I did 2 sets of 10 clutch squeezes. Hand felt great. Arm/shoulder felt good reaching and holding the bars. Got brave and decided to try going around the wrap around driveway. Felt good. However, the Spyder would not stop and back into the garage!?!It went to the end of the driveway and turned right and drove around the neighborhood cul-de-sac. OK I thought. However, it would not turn back into my driveway!!??!! Instead, it went to the intersection with the main road and turned right, heading for the village. About 1 mile down the road before the village I managed to get it turned around in a parking lot. Heading back home the Spyder turned into another development and added another 2/3 of a mile and more turning and shifting. It took all I had to muscle it left onto my road and into the garage but I did it. Alittle over 2 miles but what a great feeling.:yes: :yes::yes: Should be good to go next year but some short rides are going to happen before real cold weather. So thankful to God for recovery sofar.

Samson
10-31-2017, 05:48 PM
Shoulders are the toughest. Sounds like you have a good jump on it. Don't hold back on the PE.