PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Cycle Parts

gerald37
10-25-2017, 08:16 PM
I received my new rear tire today (Altimax R43 60R) (215/60-15). I don’t think I will install it until Spring. My rear tire is not to the wear bars. I all so order some parts from Cheap Cycle Parts just to have them on hand. I ordered the double row bearing and the two other bearings in the rear wheel plus seals and O-ring. I am sure I won’t need these with only 15,000 miles but I will have them on hand. I also ordered the Housing and clips that holds the mirrors just in case I break one taking it off. I was going to order some plastic push pins but they wanted 1.99 each and I found them on EBay for 5.98 a package of 120 pins. Has anyone here order parts from Cheap Cycle Parts? I am wandering how their delivery is. I don’t need any of these parts now but just want to have them on hand.

My front brakes were squeezing a little. I took the front wheels off and pulled the brake pads out. They look like new as far as wear. I took some real fine sand paper and clean them and also the rotors. After putting them back together no more squeezing but they may start up again. Has anyone else had this problem?

I have also installed Doran 360M Tire Monitoring System. At present time it is just showing the front tires they have steel stems and I have not changed the rear tire to a metal stem as yet. I think It would be okay because the rear tire has such a short rubber stem it should not hurt anything. Is anyone using the Doran system?

Chupaca
10-25-2017, 09:02 PM
Odered part from them and they are good in shipping. Have great stock and better prices...those pins are used everywhere so ebay is the place to go....next time think about the magnetic system for the mirrors. As for the wheel bearings etc I also have a set on hand and have gone through two tires and 38,000 miles but run a loose belt. You will be fine. Brakes gather dust and the occasional washing or as you did will take care of it for a while. Don't mess with those monitering systems so your on your own there...:thumbup:

gerald37
10-25-2017, 09:35 PM
Odered part from them and they are good in shipping. Have great stock and better prices...those pins are used everywhere so ebay is the place to go....next time think about the magnetic system for the mirrors. As for the wheel bearings etc I also have a set on hand and have gone through two tires and 38,000 miles but run a loose belt. You will be fine. Brakes gather dust and the occasional washing or as you did will take care of it for a while. Don't mess with those monitering systems so your on your own there...:thumbup: Thanks for the information on Cheap Cycle Parts. I just had not heard from them since I received their notification of receiving the order. It has only been two days so I will probable hear in a few days. As the Doran System I would not purchase it again but I already had the system I took off my Goldwing F6B. It worked great on that bike it saved me twice warning me of a low tire which I had a small nail both times.
d