PDA

View Full Version : Hey BRP...

Bob Denman
10-25-2017, 07:19 AM
Now that the time to order a 10th Anniversary Edition bike has passed: I'd like to ask a favor.
(It might be more like several...)
You now know exactly how many will be built: why not release that information to us, so that we know how many (or few!) we might be meeting out there on the road.
Break it down by the three models also! :thumbup:
And...
Since these are "Black & Gold" appearance packages: why not number each bike (within each model), with some gold lettering on the handlebars? :bowdown: If this was done sort of the way that you labelled the "Premiere Edition" bikes: it would be a really nice touch.

It should cost you almost nothing; and would be greatly appreciated by all of us!

Oh! Are you building these bikes first? When will they be delivered to us?

Pirate looks at --
10-25-2017, 07:21 AM
.....or the Chimp will shoot you!:roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
10-25-2017, 07:23 AM
It's worse than that: the Chimp has called for backup... :yikes:

Pirate looks at --
10-25-2017, 07:28 AM
:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:L ooks like that new puter is gaining some Avatar material! I agree they should number your motorcycle!:yes:

Big F
10-25-2017, 07:32 AM
Now that the time to order a 10th Anniversary Edition bike has passed: I'd like to ask a favor.
You now know exactly how many will be built: why not release that information to us, so that we know how many (or few!) we might be meeting out there on the road.
And...
Since these are "Black & Gold" appearance packages: why not number each bike (within each model), with some gold lettering on the handlebars? :bowdown: If this was done sort of the way that you labelled the "Premiere Edition" bikes: it would be a really nice touch.

It should cost you almost nothing; and would be greatly appreciated by all of us!

Now I know you have a gazillion posts on this site, but do you really think those arrogant dudes North of the border will do what you requested? or even respond??????????
BIG F

tomand
10-25-2017, 07:33 AM
I thought the chimp maybe was eliminated :roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
10-25-2017, 07:36 AM
Now I know you have a gazillion posts on this site, but do you really think those arrogant dudes North of the border will do what you requested? or even respond??????????
BIG F
If you don't ask; you'll never know! :D
To me: it seems like a pretty reasonable request... :dontknow:

Chupaca
10-25-2017, 08:57 AM
Would be nice if the BRP lurkers would pass it on. Does seem a easy thing to do seeing as it is a limited production...right :dontknow:

Pirate looks at --
10-25-2017, 09:00 AM
BIG F
Hey they quoted Bob in the 10th Anniversary book....and he didn't even go!:bowdown:

wyliec
10-25-2017, 09:20 AM
And...

What about gold valve stem caps? Wait a minute; are they there already?

Bob Denman
10-25-2017, 10:05 AM
What about gold valve stem caps? Wait a minute; are they there already?
:shocked: That would be gaudy... but excellent! :thumbup:

jaherbst
10-25-2017, 10:19 AM
Black and Gold? That's a little cheesy don't you think? Our local drug dealer drives a black with gold trim Cadillac. It's not numbered but his days are. :joke:

​Jack

Bob Denman
10-25-2017, 10:42 AM
"L.A. Pimp", or "Smokey & The Bandit": I can go either way with it! :thumbup:

scarecrow
10-25-2017, 01:32 PM
I asked the same question about my 1980 Yamaha Midnight Speical and never got a answer. I have a real low 3 digit serial number and wanted to know how many were made. Ofcoarse the Black and Gold series. Lol

Bob Denman
10-25-2017, 01:40 PM
Didn't they come in a three-cylinder version?

ARtraveler
10-25-2017, 03:03 PM
Good request for information that a lot of us would like to see. Let's hope you can get a positive response.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

pegasus1300
10-25-2017, 04:37 PM
Didn't they come in a three-cylinder version?

Midnight Yamaha's came in at least a 3cyl (850 or 750) and the 1100 4 cyl. They may have also come in a 2cyl 400cc and a 2 cyl 650cc but I don't remember now.

Bob Denman
10-25-2017, 04:55 PM
They used to do a lot of Black and Gold bikes. Do you remember the Viragos? :2thumbs:

SpyderSkeets
10-25-2017, 06:26 PM
BIG F

Well, they won't now, will they?!?
Thanks. Thanks a whole lot.
:roflblack:

SpyderAnn01
10-25-2017, 06:46 PM
Bob, don’t you remember the numbering fiasco on the “Premier” editions? And you know that BRP doesn’t release numbers on much of anything so I seriously doubt they will on these.

sylvester
10-25-2017, 07:05 PM
Hell they can't even send the correct parts:banghead:

scarecrow
10-25-2017, 08:01 PM
I've got the 1100 4cyl. First year of the midnight.

Buckeye Bleau
10-25-2017, 08:39 PM
For some reason I thaught that Bob was going to ask for a side of Bacon with each Byke!

:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack:

Joe

ruralgirl
10-25-2017, 10:33 PM
Bob, don’t you remember the numbering fiasco on the “Premier” editions? And you know that BRP doesn’t release numbers on much of anything so I seriously doubt they will on these.

Does Canada know how to count? I mean, they use those funny numbers like metric and Celcius .....

Bob Denman
10-26-2017, 06:48 AM
That's okay: I've got a "Metric to SAE counting" conversion manual. :roflblack:
It should be really simple:
XX,XXX number of the bikes were ordered...
(And they will know how many of each model... Boom! :thumbup:)

ARtraveler
10-27-2017, 02:25 PM
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popc orn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:: popcorn:

:bbq::bbq::bbq::bbq::bbq::bbq::bbq::bbq::bbq:

Inquiring minds would like to know. Thank you BRP :firstplace:

Bob Denman
10-27-2017, 02:28 PM
:dontknow: I may have to try another method... :dontknow:

ARtraveler
10-27-2017, 02:50 PM
:dontknow: I may have to try another method... :dontknow:

brp.care@brp.com ??

Peteoz
10-27-2017, 03:33 PM
Does Canada know how to count? I mean, they use those funny numbers like metric and Celcius .....

You mean those funny numbers that nearly every country in the world other than the US uses, Ruralgirl ? ;):ohyea:

Pete

Bob Denman
10-27-2017, 04:38 PM
brp.care@brp.com ??
:D I've got another way in... :thumbup:

UtahPete
10-27-2017, 04:43 PM
.....or the Chimp will shoot you!:roflblack::roflblack:
He changed his avatar....now it's the governor