PDA

View Full Version : Took the plunge - Thanks

gnorthern
10-23-2017, 09:29 PM
Thank you for all your advice. I took the plunge and put money down on a new 2016 F3-T. The dealer had an RT, which I drove along with an F3-limited, for the same price but it came down to:
1. I think there is a lot to that laser alignment stuff since the F3-Limited felt way more stable. But I also think the F3-T felt far more stable due to less sway, being a bit lower to the ground, and a smaller cross section.
2. I can carry more on the F3-T. Since I would not have a passenger, I can put on a luggage rack. I think with the ability to carry two dry bags I can carry more than with one dry bag and the extra storage on the RT.
3. The RT does sway more, and I would feel a need to get an aftermarket anti-sway bar for it.
4. The handlebars on the RT were too low for me. Their adjustability on the F3-limited eliminates the need for triaxis handlebars.
5. The RT blocked too much wind on the sides for my taste. That negated the electrically adjustable windshield, which I think is super cool.
6. I have decided I can live without heated handgrips.
7. Both have radios.

canamjhb
10-23-2017, 09:59 PM
Enjoy. And, welcome.

Samson
10-23-2017, 10:19 PM
Great choice. Have fun

Chupaca
10-23-2017, 11:12 PM
Well thought out and tested...congrats on your choice..:2thumbs: enjoy the ryde and this most enjoyable site...most of the time..:roflblack:

d.o.spyder-rts
10-23-2017, 11:50 PM
:congrats:on your spyder purchase and:welcome:to the spyder web. Dale

Saluda
10-24-2017, 06:14 AM
Enjoy. :welcome:

robhowen
10-24-2017, 08:45 AM
Good choice and welcome to the Spyder family. Here's to your having many years and miles of enjoyment. I suggest you consider coming to our winter Spyder event in Tombstone this January.

Rob

Highwayman2013
10-24-2017, 08:58 AM
:ohyea:

Pirate looks at --
10-24-2017, 09:07 AM
:welcome::congrats::2thumbs:

Tango
10-24-2017, 09:14 AM
:2excited::congrats::welcome:

bushrat
10-24-2017, 02:14 PM
Congratulations and welcome. You did your preparatory homework well, thought your way carefully through the choices, and took the test rides to confirm. Now, there should be lots of thoroughly enjoyable miles ahead of you. And, you have a great machine that you can easily modify if you want to begin tweaking and making it your own. Have fun and be safe!!

ARtraveler
10-24-2017, 02:17 PM
:congrats: Well thought out. The "sofa" feel of the RT compared top the "cruiser" feel of the F3 does kick in. Errrrrrrr....don't forget the picture or two. :yes::yes:

Zip
10-24-2017, 03:12 PM
:welcome: & :congrats: on your new Ryde

DGoebel
10-24-2017, 03:17 PM
Ride on, ride on, ride on..... Personal preference are really the #1 reason to buy the bike you want.
Welcome and may your new steed bring you many, many happy miles and smiles, they are beautiful looking Spyders....

PrairieSpyder
10-25-2017, 08:44 AM
Thank you for all your advice. I took the plunge and put money down on a new 2016 F3-T. The dealer had an RT, which I drove along with an F3-limited, for the same price but it came down to:
1. I think there is a lot to that laser alignment stuff since the F3-Limited felt way more stable. But I also think the F3-T felt far more stable due to less sway, being a bit lower to the ground, and a smaller cross section.
2. I can carry more on the F3-T. Since I would not have a passenger, I can put on a luggage rack. I think with the ability to carry two dry bags I can carry more than with one dry bag and the extra storage on the RT.
3. The RT does sway more, and I would feel a need to get an aftermarket anti-sway bar for it.
4. The handlebars on the RT were too low for me. Their adjustability on the F3-limited eliminates the need for triaxis handlebars.
5. The RT blocked too much wind on the sides for my taste. That negated the electrically adjustable windshield, which I think is super cool.
6. I have decided I can live without heated handgrips.
7. Both have radios.

Great choice! :congrats:

:nopic:

kamper
10-25-2017, 09:18 AM
Congrats!!!! The hard part is done now enjoy.:clap::clap::clap: