PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Non-Magnetic base antenna for Shark radio system with mini coax connect

Wildrice
10-22-2017, 10:07 AM
8' to 10' cable. Most radio antenna's have magnetic base which is worthless on a tube frame F3's Spyder for reception. I've seen the Firestick antenna made for Harley & Honda but I would need an adaptor to convert the Firestick plug to mini Coax.

Would the Firestick antenna work with the Shark radio? Or suggestions for other Non-Magnetic base antenna that could be adapted to Shark mini Coax connector.
Thanks,
Darrell

IdahoMtnSpyder
10-22-2017, 06:28 PM
8' to 10' cable. Most radio antenna's have magnetic base which is worthless on a tube frame F3's Spyder for reception. I've seen the Firestick antenna made for Harley & Honda but I would need an adaptor to convert the Firestick plug to mini Coax.

Would the Firestick antenna work with the Shark radio? Or suggestions for other Non-Magnetic base antenna that could be adapted to Shark mini Coax connector.
Thanks,
Darrell
You can't use the Shark Radio antenna? Do a Google search for marine or motorcycle fm antennas. The selection is boundless! If Shark doesn't use a standard antenna jack you'll need to find an adapter to use virtually any other antenna. If the cable isn't long enough you can buy an extension cable.

You most likely will need to make your own mounting hardware. Why not buy a Spyder specific antenna? They should be available as a replacement part for the BRP radio.