PDA

View Full Version : Hybernation

Deanna777
10-21-2017, 01:45 PM
It was a sad day, today ( I am fine) but I put my spyder into hibernation, :gaah:.

This winter ( Gold Fungus, instead of White fungus) I'm trying a new winter sport, to get me thru until next spring. When the spyder riding season starts. Stay Tuned!

Deanna

ARtraveler
10-21-2017, 01:48 PM
Welcome to the club. I think I beat you by a week this time. Let the countdown begin: Only 161 days until March 31. :bowdown::bowdown:

Deanna777
10-21-2017, 01:53 PM
Welcome to the club. I think I beat you by a week this time. Let the countdown begin: Only 161 days until March 31. :bowdown::bowdown:Thanks, yes you did. Last year I put my spyder away a week earlier. Deanna

slick999
10-21-2017, 03:42 PM
Yes won't be long here in Pa either when it will be time for hibernation.Did get out today for 90 mile ride around Amish country,hit 75degrees today.Passed several other spyder riders enjoying the day also.I am sure your getting the cold already in Vermont.

Deanna777
10-21-2017, 06:39 PM
Yes won't be long here in Pa either when it will be time for hibernation.Did get out today for 90 mile ride around Amish country,hit 75degrees today.Passed several other spyder riders enjoying the day also.I am sure your getting the cold already in Vermont.The cold weather has not hit yet, the weather is like early summer (60's & 70's). But my significant other is still riding his F3T, will probably ride until the snow hits, but I could still ride with my significant other, as a back seat passenger.

Deanna

Chupaca
10-21-2017, 07:23 PM
What can I say..?? I best say nothing at all...🤔 but :popcorn:'ing for the winter entertainment....

BLUEKNIGHT911
10-21-2017, 07:27 PM
What's that :roflblack: , been riding my Butt off the past 6 weeks :yes:, every chance I can ..... Yesterday and today were Faaaaaaaaaabulous :bowdown:...... And sunday it's going to even warmer :2thumbs: ..... Mike :thumbup:

BoilerAnimal
10-21-2017, 10:14 PM
It made it to 80° today but my wife and I went to Quincy to see her brother in the Veterans Home. We were going to ride our Spyder but decided to take the car and get paint and some heating ducts for our living room we are remodelling. We did get out for about 45 miles but the wind was pretty strong and she doesn't like getting her head blown around!:banghead:

We picked a bad time to remodel, what with the hurricanes driving up the prices on building materials and trying to squeeze in as much riding as we can before the weather changes.......which is going to start going downhill tomorrow, at least for a week or so.

We lost a month during July getting our stator repaired but we still have put on over 12500 miles since getting it just after the 4th of July, 2016. Not too bad considering my work schedule pretty much eliminated riding after the first of September until the following June.

canamjhb
10-21-2017, 10:33 PM
We cant even spell hibernation here in Arid-Zone-A. Must be an old Indian word meaning superior tribe......?

BoilerAnimal
10-22-2017, 12:16 AM
We cant even spell hibernation here in Arid-Zone-A. Must be an old Indian word meaning superior tribe......?

The "superior tribe".........would that be the ones who lived near the Globe-Miami area?:joke:

Bob Denman
10-22-2017, 07:45 AM
DEE,
A new Sport?? :dontknow:
Snowmobiling?
Snowboarding?
Snowshoeing? :shocked:
Baking cookies, and making hot Cocoa??? :clap:

Whatever it is: enjoy it! :thumbup:

Deanna777
10-22-2017, 10:03 AM
I ended up putting on 6,020 miles for the total riding season. Started riding season on April 2, 2017 @ 16,013 miles and ended the riding season on Oct. 21, 2017 with 22,033 happy miles.

Next during the riding season I have to have the 25K service done on the spyder.

Deanna

trikermutha
10-22-2017, 10:40 AM
Cold weather is coming passing thru my area now. :yikes: and rain all next week. :yikes:

ARtraveler
10-22-2017, 02:04 PM
I ended up putting on 6,020 miles for the total riding season. Started riding season on April 2, 2017 @ 16,013 miles and ended the riding season on Oct. 21, 2017 with 22,033 happy miles.

Next during the riding season I have to have the 25K service done on the spyder.

Deanna

Going to wait another week before I finalize the numbers. Got snow last night (a little more than an inch--but white and pretty), supposed to have high 30's to low 40's and some rain this week. Maybe a couple more rides before its final. But--in the meantime--the battery tenders are all hooked up.

Stay tuned: :yes::yes:

HankD
10-22-2017, 03:40 PM
Put in about 1,000 miles of back country 'Bama riding over the past 2 weekends....with views like the attached photos. Winter? Bah!

ARtraveler
10-22-2017, 03:45 PM
Very nice. :2thumbs::2thumbs:

Docster
10-22-2017, 03:53 PM
I got my first motorcycle in October 2010. I wanted to ride so it wasn't "put away" for that winter. After that, I've ridden year-round here in Baltimore as long as there's no snow on the ground.

I just got my first Spyder 3 months ago. For the same reason it won't be put away. Keeping them running keeps them happy and healthy. I'm glad I don't live in an inhospitable environment.

Deanna777
10-23-2017, 10:10 AM
Cold weather is coming passing thru my area now. :yikes: and rain all next week. :yikes:The weather man/women says we are going to get rain( much needed, the rivers are very low).

Deanna

Bob Denman
10-23-2017, 10:12 AM
DEE,
I just got the Homecoming Book... :congrats: on making it into print! :clap:

Deanna777
10-23-2017, 10:15 AM
Going to wait another week before I finalize the numbers. Got snow last night (a little more than an inch--but white and pretty), supposed to have high 30's to low 40's and some rain this week. Maybe a couple more rides before its final. But--in the meantime--the battery tenders are all hooked up.

Stay tuned: :yes::yes:I wonder if I have you bet on the mileage #'s for the season.

We don't have any of the snow yet( White/Gold):roflblack:. The spyder is on the tender now/ @ dealership.

Deanna

Deanna777
10-23-2017, 10:17 AM
I got my first motorcycle in October 2010. I wanted to ride so it wasn't "put away" for that winter. After that, I've ridden year-round here in Baltimore as long as there's no snow on the ground.

I just got my first Spyder 3 months ago. For the same reason it won't be put away. Keeping them running keeps them happy and healthy. I'm glad I don't live in an inhospitable environment.To each his own.

I do what I have to do!

Deanna

Deanna777
10-23-2017, 10:19 AM
FEE,
I just got the Homecoming Book... :congrats: on making it into print! :clap:Bob, What is FEE?????

What is this??????

Deanna

trikermutha
10-23-2017, 12:05 PM
I just heard snow flurrys for Saturday in my area :yikes: it was just 80 on Thursday .

Bob Denman
10-23-2017, 12:08 PM
Bob, What is FEE?????
What is this??????
Deanna
That's easy: it was a typo... :opps:
Caught and corrected! :thumbup:

ARtraveler
10-23-2017, 02:35 PM
I wonder if I have you bet on the mileage #'s for the season.

We don't have any of the snow yet( White/Gold):roflblack:. The spyder is on the tender now/ @ dealership.

Deanna

We will see on the mileage #'s. And...I will be honest about it. I have X miles on three different bikes. 3,000 on the Vulcan--which I will NOT add to the total. I will break them down singly for you. Loser owes the other a cup of coffee. Okay. :yes:

Deanna777
10-23-2017, 03:34 PM
We will see on the mileage #'s. And...I will be honest about it. I have X miles on three different bikes. 3,000 on the Vulcan--which I will NOT add to the total. I will break them down singly for you. Loser owes the other a cup of coffee. Okay. :yes: Ok, with the mileage #'s. Looking forward to seeing your mileage #'s. Ok, how is that going to work!!?? (cup of coffee, ) ???

Deanna

ARtraveler
10-23-2017, 03:36 PM
Ok, with the mileage #'s. Looking forward to seeing your mileage #'s. Ok, how is that going to work!!?? (cup of coffee, ) ???

Deanna

You have a fax machine? :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Deanna777
10-23-2017, 03:45 PM
You have a fax machine? :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:Carrier pigeon :roflblack::roflblack:. Deanna

ARtraveler
10-23-2017, 04:59 PM
Carrier pigeon :roflblack::roflblack:. Deanna

We will figure it out. :yes:

Deanna777
10-23-2017, 05:18 PM
We will figure it out. :yes:Yes, or on the back of a elk/moose! :roflblack::roflblack: Deanna

Mazo EMS2
10-23-2017, 08:08 PM
My rule is to put it away once the first road salt goes down. We might go on the "Blue Balls and Breastcicles Ride" on Black Friday with the group, but that will likely be the end of it. I like winter, so I'm good with it. Next up....grooming snowmobile trails....:yes:

ARtraveler
10-23-2017, 09:07 PM
I wonder if I have you beat on the mileage #'s for the season.

Deanna

After going out today, my winter lay up is for real.

Here are the "official" mileage numbers:

We put 8054 miles on the two :ani29::spyder2: this year.

Linda rode 4172 miles and I got in 3882 miles.
I put an additional 3079 miles on the Vulcan for a total of 6961 miles combined.

Your 6020 :f_spider: miles beat mine by 2138 miles. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/images/smilies/firstplace.gif (http://javascript<strong></strong>:void(0)) http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/images/smilies/firstplace.gif (http://javascript<strong></strong>:void(0))

You have me beat on :f_spider: to :ani29:. :congrats: I owe you a cup of coffee.

Peter Aawen
10-23-2017, 11:43 PM
Carrier pigeon :roflblack::roflblack:. Deanna

But if you send a 'cup of coffee' by Carrier Pigeon, it really isn't all that likely to be 'coffee' by the time it gets there!! :dontknow: :shocked:

'Coffee coloured' maybe..... :lecturef_smilie: but certainly not anything you'd ever want to drink!! :coffee: :barf:

And I'm not going anywhere near the North end of a South bound Moose!! :gaah: :p :rolleyes:

Deanna777
10-24-2017, 05:43 PM
I just heard snow flurrys for Saturday in my area :yikes: it was just 80 on Thursday .It is raining here now, temps in the 60's..

Deanna

Buckeye Bleau
10-24-2017, 05:48 PM
:welcome:

I just got my first Spyder 3 months ago. For the same reason it won't be put away. Keeping them running keeps them happy and healthy. I'm glad I don't live in an inhospitable environment.

Deanna777
10-24-2017, 05:50 PM
After going out today, my winter lay up is for real.

Here are the "official" mileage numbers:

We put 8054 miles on the two :ani29::spyder2: this year.

Linda rode 4172 miles and I got in 3882 miles.
I put an additional 3079 miles on the Vulcan for a total of 6961 miles combined.

Your 6020 :f_spider: miles beat mine by 2138 miles. :firstplace: (http://javascript<strong></strong>:void(0)) :firstplace: (http://javascript<strong></strong>:void(0))

You have me beat on :f_spider: to :ani29:. :congrats: I owe you a cup of coffee. Maybe next year's riding season you might have me beat. Congrats on the miles! I'll take the coffee, with sugar, milk, how about pumpkin spice:roflblack::roflblack:. Deanna

MNBK
10-24-2017, 06:00 PM
from Parked Motorcycle Syndrome. Cheri and I just put our two Spyders away for the winter here in Minnesota. This was my first year on a Spyder (F3T) and I managed to get 7786 miles on it without any long road trips. I'm already missing it and it's only been two hours. Gonna be a long, dark, cold winter.:banghead:

ARtraveler
10-24-2017, 06:18 PM
from Parked Motorcycle Syndrome. Cheri and I just put our two Spyders away for the winter here in Minnesota. This was my first year on a Spyder (F3T) and I managed to get 7786 miles on it without any long road trips. I'm already missing it and it's only been two hours. Gonna be a long, dark, cold winter.:banghead:

We feel your pain. A dose or two of SL can be helpful--but it is no substitute for the real thing. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

ARtraveler
10-24-2017, 06:22 PM
Maybe next year's riding season you might have me beat. Congrats on the miles! I'll take the coffee, with sugar, milk, how about pumpkin spice:roflblack::roflblack:. Deanna

Order is up! And strange you should ask, I do have pumpkin spice. :yes: I personally managed three times or so more miles compared to last year because of the hip. Enjoyed two wheels so much again, that it got almost half of this years miles. Next year??

:bbq::bbq::bbq:I really did enjoy each and every mile, regardless of which machine, and there were three choices. :yes:

Docster
10-24-2017, 06:31 PM

Thanks! Glad I found this place.:2thumbs::2thumbs:

Deanna777
10-24-2017, 06:47 PM
from Parked Motorcycle Syndrome. Cheri and I just put our two Spyders away for the winter here in Minnesota. This was my first year on a Spyder (F3T) and I managed to get 7786 miles on it without any long road trips. I'm already missing it and it's only been two hours. Gonna be a long, dark, cold winter.:banghead:I am also suffering from the Parked Motorcycle Syndrome, It has been 3 days since I put mine into hibernation, due to insurance purposes. Yes, I am already missing mine. I can also ride my significant others F3T spyder, to get me thru until the white gold( snow) gets here.

But I'm going to try a new sport this winter, so I won't have the parked motorcycle syndrome, during the winter time.

Deanna

rnet
10-24-2017, 06:51 PM
It was a sad day, today ( I am fine) but I put my spyder into hibernation, :gaah:.

This winter ( Gold Fungus, instead of White fungus) I'm trying a new winter sport, to get me thru until next spring. When the spyder riding season starts. Stay Tuned!

DeannaHope to come up and join you in your snow adventures.

rnet
10-24-2017, 06:52 PM
I will not park mine for a month or so.

Deanna777
10-24-2017, 06:55 PM
Order is up! And strange you should ask, I do have pumpkin spice. :yes: I personally managed three times or so more miles compared to last year because of the hip. Enjoyed two wheels so much again, that it got almost half of this years miles. Next year??

:bbq::bbq::bbq:I really did enjoy each and every mile, regardless of which machine, and there were three choices. :yes:I also enjoyed the miles that I put on the spyder this/and past riding season. Time will tell on how many miles I will have the at the end of the spyder riding season next year. I hope we have a very early spring! ( starts in January :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:)Deanna

Deanna777
10-24-2017, 07:00 PM
Hope to come up and join you in your snow adventures.Sent a pm. Deanna

Docster
10-25-2017, 09:43 PM

Thanks! This forum has already paid off for me in spades in just 3 months. :ohyea:
Great place, great resource.

Deanna777
02-05-2018, 06:46 PM
Here are some pictures of my new winter sport: 157548 157551. Fun in the snow!

Deanna

DGoebel
02-05-2018, 06:54 PM
Almost makes you feel like you're on the spyder eh?

Bob Denman
02-05-2018, 07:03 PM
:D:agree::clap::2thumbs:
I've been a "sledneck" since 1967! :thumbup:

Deanna777
02-05-2018, 07:16 PM
Almost makes you feel like you're on the spyder eh?Yes, it does.

We still have the rest of Feb./ and part of March to ride on the sleds, then in April back on the Spyder. WOHOOOOO!!!!!

Deanna

Deanna777
02-05-2018, 07:17 PM
:D:agree::clap::2thumbs:
I've been a "sledneck" since 1967! :thumbup:The 2nd picture was taken near Coles Pond, Vermont. That trip we did about 116 miles round trip. We got on the trials @ 9:15 and we were off the trails @ 6:30pm. We had a fun day of riding. Deanna

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-05-2018, 11:46 PM
The 2nd picture was taken near Coles Pond, Vermont. That trip we did about 116 miles round trip. We got on the trials @ 9:15 and we were off the trails @ 6:30pm. We had a fun day of riding. Deanna
Wow that's almost 13mph average ...how do you manage to hold on at that speed :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:....Glad you are finally enjoying the sport ........ Mike :thumbup:

wrb3004
02-06-2018, 12:17 PM
Here are some pictures of my new winter sport: 157548 157551. Fun in the snow!

Deanna

Awesome! I had snowmobiles in the past. Probably 40 years now since the last one. Would love to get back into it but just not enough snow where I am anymore. Back in my teens and 20's I remember being able to ride most everyday all winter. Now I would be lucky to get maybe a weeks worth unless I wanted to lug it up to the Adirondacks. The sleds these days are a whole lot different than the ones I had and look like a whole lot of fun. Way to go Deanna and have a fun winter.

Deanna777
02-06-2018, 07:25 PM
Awesome! I had snowmobiles in the past. Probably 40 years now since the last one. Would love to get back into it but just not enough snow where I am anymore. Back in my teens and 20's I remember being able to ride most everyday all winter. Now I would be lucky to get maybe a weeks worth unless I wanted to lug it up to the Adirondacks. The sleds these days are a whole lot different than the ones I had and look like a whole lot of fun. Way to go Deanna and have a fun winter.I know what you mean, back in the day, ( early 70s) the snow piles where half way up the telephone poles. Now a days, we don't even have that. We have to trailer the sleds up to the northern part of Vermont( Derby, Norton, Island Pond, ) to go riding. The rest of the state the trails are closed, or caution, due to lack of snow. But after this Wednesday/Thursday, ( they are forecasting getting a snow storm) we will have snow, and the trails will be open, and the groomers will be back out at night grooming the snowmobile trails.

White Gold! Then this week-end we are getting an other snow storm. More White Gold! Yes, the sleds now a days are whole lot of fun. Back in 2006,2007 I rode a older( as a passenger) snowmobile.

I will have a fun winter on the sleds. We only have the rest of February, and March ride on the sleds. Then in April the Spyder comes out of hibernation.

Deanna

spyderider1
02-06-2018, 07:41 PM
I couldn't tell from the pictures what size engine you have but we obviously have the same tastes in motorized recreation. Mine is the 900 ACE and I'm just back from our first trip. It's not a Spyder but it's the next best thing....

There are only 6 Covered Bridges remaining is Wisconsin. This one is near Park Falls and is called the Smith Rapids Covered bridge.

And not a bad destination for a Spyder visit as well.

Deanna777
02-06-2018, 08:22 PM
I couldn't tell from the pictures what size engine you have but we obviously have the same tastes in motorized recreation. Mine is the 900 ACE and I'm just back from our first trip. It's not a Spyder but it's the next best thing....

There are only 6 Covered Bridges remaining is Wisconsin. This one is near Park Falls and is called the Smith Rapids Covered bridge.

And not a bad destination for a Spyder visit as well.

The snowmobile that I ride is a ( 2016) 1200 Blizzard Ski-Do. Deanna

Bob Denman
02-07-2018, 12:12 PM
Hey DEE!

I think that this video might give you some good ideas about how to wait for the hibernation to end! :2thumbs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoZBi04afwc

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-07-2018, 01:49 PM
Hey DEE!

I think that this video might give you some good ideas about how to wait for the hibernation to end! :2thumbs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoZBi04afwc
:thumbup::yes:.........However I'm pretty sure that driver was going faster then 13mph :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:....... Mike :thumbup:

Mad Mac
02-07-2018, 02:11 PM
HECK, that's the way my wife and I rode most of the time, NOTTTTT!!!!

Deanna777
02-07-2018, 07:22 PM
We are going on the sleds this week-end. Also we are getting more WHITE GOLD! (snow) tonight, and this week-end.

WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!:yes::yes::yes::yes::ye s::yes: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Deanna

ARtraveler
02-07-2018, 07:26 PM
We are going on the sleds this week-end. Also we are getting more WHITE GOLD! (snow) tonight, and this week-end.

WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!:yes::yes::yes::yes::ye s::yes: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Deanna

Glad to see you are liking winter this year. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Only 52 more days until March 31--when I hope winter lets its icy grip loose on us. I want to ride my bikes. :yes::yes:

Deanna777
02-07-2018, 07:31 PM
Glad to see you are liking winter this year. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Only 52 more days until March 31--when I hope winter lets its icy grip loose on us. I want to ride my bikes. :yes::yes:Hey, I know have someone to share the winter sport with.

Yea, I know I have only 59 days left until April 7th( spyder out of hibernation) I also hope that winter does loose its cold ,snowy, icy grip. I also wont to ride my spyder. :clap:Deanna

Bob Denman
02-08-2018, 06:26 PM
The "Top Gear" guys have found a solution to Winter!! :yes::yes::yes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COd5kAKac0U