PDA

View Full Version : This Will Be A Big Change...

Bob Denman
10-20-2017, 07:24 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2017/10/20/your-brain-knows-when-youve-just-died-researchers-say.html

It's sort of comforting to know that at some point in time; my brain will finally get with the program! :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack:

:shocked: At least for a brief moment... :shocked:

trucker1
10-20-2017, 08:59 AM
Some people don't have a brain at time's I think. They do really stupid stuff before they think about it.

Chupaca
10-20-2017, 09:15 AM
Does make me wonder , with my little brain, why we spend so much money time and effort on such things...this will do what for the human race..?? we have had countless people who have technally died and come back with the out of body experience with no expeses involved... But I guess now they will have a study to help prove they are not crazy....:shocked:

wyliec
10-20-2017, 09:40 AM
I have a comment, but you wouldn't like, and the thread would end. So, I'll just have a laugh by myself.

Bob Denman
10-20-2017, 09:51 AM
:D PM me... :thumbup:

ARtraveler
10-20-2017, 01:34 PM
Been close a couple times, but I can wait. :yes::yes:

wyliec
10-20-2017, 02:48 PM
Been close a couple times, but I can wait. :yes::yes:

How close where you? Did you see the light?

My closeness came from getting my last rites, and the lights I saw where the candles the priest had lit.

ARtraveler
10-20-2017, 02:52 PM
How close where you? Did you see the light?

My closeness came from getting my last rites, and the lights I saw where the candles the priest had lit.

Not quite that close. I am relying on what the Dr. told my ex after one of my heart attacks. :thumbup:

IdahoMtnSpyder
10-20-2017, 07:06 PM
Does make me wonder , with my little brain, why we spend so much money time and effort on such things...this will do what for the human race..?? we have had countless people who have technally died and come back with the out of body experience with no expeses involved... But I guess now they will have a study to help prove they are not crazy....:shocked:
For one such story go here: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=104397005 Both pro and con comments included.

BoilerAnimal
10-20-2017, 09:53 PM
I had a World History teacher who proposed the possibility that people who were victims of the guillotine during the French Revolution may have been capable of seeing there body and assorted activities associated with their execution for a couple of minutes directly afterwords based on the fact that brain death doesn't occur for up to six or more minutes after blood flow ceases to the brain. We were fascinated with the thought.

Of course, this would have been dependant upon the victim's head landing in a position that would afford a good view!:yikes:

mpsicon
10-21-2017, 08:18 AM
NO, I disagree with there findings 100%. I died 3 times in one day Aug.12 "16, I had no idea of what happened till the third time when i was hooked up to monitors in the hospital, I did not have a heart attack, have no heart damage, and no heart disease, mine is an electrical issue where my heart just stops beating, 76 seconds the third time. Now have a pacemaker to take up the slack.

wyliec
10-21-2017, 09:49 AM
NO, I disagree with there findings 100%. I died 3 times in one day Aug.12 "16, I had no idea of what happened till the third time when i was hooked up to monitors in the hospital, I did not have a heart attack, have no heart damage, and no heart disease, mine is an electrical issue where my heart just stops beating, 76 seconds the third time. Now have a pacemaker to take up the slack.

So, because you saw or heard nothing, you feel only you can be correct? Did you read the article in the original post, and see where the word some was used in describing what the patients heard/saw in their excursions into death.

Bob Denman
10-21-2017, 01:38 PM
So, because you saw or heard nothing, you feel only you can be correct? Did you read the article in the original post, and see where the word some was used in describing what the patients heard/saw in their excursions into death.
Maybe your eyes were closed, and nobody was saying anything... :dontknow:

:D Pleased as punch, that you decided to make it back@ :thumbup:

mpsicon
10-21-2017, 03:55 PM
Never said I didn't hear or see anything, what I experienced had nothing to do with what was going on around me, I was at work and at least 35 people were around. There is something on the other side, had nothing to do with here.

wyliec
10-21-2017, 05:56 PM
Never said I didn't hear or see anything, what I experienced had nothing to do with what was going on around me, I was at work and at least 35 people were around. There is something on the other side, had nothing to do with here.

Like I said, in the original link that was in the post, it stated some people experienced what was going on around them. In the other link provided, patients experienced the other side.

IdahoMtnSpyder
10-21-2017, 05:57 PM
I listened to an NPR interview about this topic with a heart surgeon, I think it was, sometime in the last year or so. He said he had a case where the person was clinically dead but was revived. The person later recounted in almost chilling detail a conversation his family was having in another room, and which there was no way he could have heard in the OR, during his 'dead' time. The surgeon had come to believe in the reality of an afterlife based on his experiences. He said in some cases people have been clinically dead for up to eight hours and have been revived.

I tried to find the interview but don't remember enough specific details to result in a successful search.

ARtraveler
10-21-2017, 06:43 PM
A very interesting discussion subject. Those that actually experience death--and don't come back to tell about it are going to keep the secret. We can choose to trust those who have been on the threshold, or not.

Bottom line. It's going to happen to all of us (let's keep the Rapture out of the discussion--wrong place, etc). :thumbup:

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

IdahoMtnSpyder
10-21-2017, 10:11 PM
A very interesting discussion subject. Those that actually experience death--and don't come back to tell about it are going to keep the secret. We can choose to trust those who have been on the threshold, or not.
According to Biblical history three people have died and come back to life, Jesus, Lazarus, and Jarius' daughter. As far as I know there is no historical record of any sort of any of them saying what they saw on the other side. Even as a professing Christian it sure makes me wonder. :dontknow:

wyliec
10-22-2017, 04:40 AM
According to Biblical history three people have died and come back to life, Jesus, Lazarus, and Jarius' daughter. As far as I know there is no historical record of any sort of any of them saying what they saw on the other side. Even as a professing Christian it sure makes me wonder. :dontknow:

We know from post #11 that they neither heard nor saw anything on this side.

Bob Denman
10-22-2017, 07:49 AM
:shocked: I need to find something out:
In this "Afterlife": Do the Television networks only show reruns? :dontknow:

stillriding
10-22-2017, 08:26 AM
:shocked: I need to find something out:
In this "Afterlife": Do the Television networks only show reruns? :dontknow:​Absolutely, but only "Gilligan's Island."

Bob Denman
10-22-2017, 08:49 AM
:shocked: You're right: All of the producers and directors are already in Hell... :banghead:

AY4B
10-22-2017, 01:24 PM
We are a three part being.
We are a spirit
We have a soul
and we live in a body.
Our spirit also has a body, and is eternal. Where you spend eternity is your choice.:pray:
I personally have peace with God that I am His threw His only begotten Son Jesus Christ. It really takes a load off.

ARtraveler
10-22-2017, 01:26 PM

None that I know of either. :yes: