PDA

View Full Version : No Remove Gas Cap

SteveandBelinda
10-16-2017, 10:38 PM
Has anyone used one of these on their bike? Someone had it posted on another site. Interesting idea. Wife have factory installed gas cap like this on her 2014 Escape.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KN08OZY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

BLUEKNIGHT911
10-16-2017, 11:01 PM
Has anyone used one of these on their bike? Someone had it posted on another site. Interesting idea. Wife have factory installed gas cap like this on her 2014 Escape.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KN08OZY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I've been using them for years , for my gas door installs for the GS - RS - ST seats because you don't have to undo them in the small hole for that door ..... I've seen them lots cheaper on E-bay ..... Mike :thumbup:

Peteoz
10-16-2017, 11:19 PM
I've been using them for years , for my gas door installs for the GS - RS - ST seats because you don't have to undo them in the small hole for that door ..... I've seen them lots cheaper on E-bay ..... Mike :thumbup:

WHAT? You didn’t make your own? :yikes: ......I’m......I’m........I’m “insert revelant expletive here” amazed. ;) :D:D

Pete

BLUEKNIGHT911
10-16-2017, 11:23 PM
WHAT? You didn’t make your own? :yikes: ......I’m......I’m........I’m “insert revelant expletive here” amazed. ;) :D:D

Pete
Pete, wear do you think PermaCap gets them from - Elves ?? :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:...... ..Mike :thumbup:

GRIPMAN
10-16-2017, 11:56 PM

Blueknight911
will they fit on a 2016 RT?, thanks for the reply
Joseph

purplepig
10-17-2017, 09:21 AM

Do you happen to know what vehicle the ones you used were made to fit? Or possibly manufacturer part #?

Thanks, Dan

Chupaca
10-17-2017, 09:40 AM
Here in CA some are not shipped and the elephant nozzels are a pain as it is but I like to fill the tank by slowly going the last bit till it bubbles out the vent slots something you can't do with thses caps...but hey..! When my arthritic hands can no longer twist the cap I may be in the market...:roflblack:

finless
10-17-2017, 11:59 AM
Here in CA some are not shipped and the elephant nozzels are a pain as it is but I like to fill the tank by slowly going the last bit till it bubbles out the vent slots something you can't do with thses caps...but hey..! When my arthritic hands can no longer twist the cap I may be in the market...:roflblack:

I wonder if that cap will even work with the Ca. nozzles?

Bob

Chupaca
10-17-2017, 12:09 PM
I wonder if that cap will even work with the Ca. nozzles?

Bob

You may have to go to specific gas stations with the least emcumbersome nozzles. I saw on that same link that Stant also has a cap but specifically says not for CA and a few other states.....:dontknow:

BLUEKNIGHT911
10-17-2017, 12:27 PM
Do you happen to know what vehicle the ones you used were made to fit? Or possibly manufacturer part #?

Thanks, Dan I believe 99% of the screw type gas caps have exactly the same thread size and pattern ...ie not vehicle specific ..... My Saab cap fit my Ford Mustang fine .... it also fit my three different Spyders.....hope this helps .... Mike :thumbup:

BLUEKNIGHT911
10-17-2017, 12:29 PM
Blueknight911
will they fit on a 2016 RT?, thanks for the reply
Joseph
See my post #10 ..... Mike :thumbup:

ARtraveler
10-17-2017, 12:32 PM
Well, I learned something new today. Not in the market though. Like Chupaca, I like to fill to the last drop and use the same method.

IdahoMtnSpyder
10-17-2017, 02:50 PM
How do those caps handle the spit back that occurs when the tank is nearly full? It's a challenge to get that last gallon in without gas being spit back out the filler.

Mastergee
10-17-2017, 03:05 PM

it s works well with gas door have it on my rs now...

BLUEKNIGHT911
10-17-2017, 06:42 PM
How do those caps handle the spit back that occurs when the tank is nearly full? It's a challenge to get that last gallon in without gas being spit back out the filler.
I used mine for few years before I got my RT and did a larger door .... I never noticed any " spit back ". and I fill my tank until it's at the lip ...... Mike :thumbup:

UtahPete
10-17-2017, 06:50 PM
Here in CA some are not shipped and the elephant nozzels are a pain as it is but I like to fill the tank by slowly going the last bit till it bubbles out the vent slots something you can't do with thses caps...but hey..! When my arthritic hands can no longer twist the cap I may be in the market...

With the CA nozzles, you can't see the vent slots anyway...unless you cheat and hold the vapor recovery piece back against the spring.

Chupaca
10-17-2017, 10:02 PM
With the CA nozzles, you can't see the vent slots anyway...unless you cheat and hold the vapor recovery piece back against the spring.

Thats the way we have to do it here. They used to make a slotted plate you could jam on to hold it back...gonna look for one ... or make one...:thumbup:

Easy Rider
10-18-2017, 08:37 AM
I think it is NOT a good idea because it would be WAY too easy to overfill.
Or under fill since you can't SEE what is going on.

But since Mike thinks it is OK, I am obviously wrong. :shocked:

BLUEKNIGHT911
10-18-2017, 10:50 AM
I think it is NOT a good idea because it would be WAY too easy to overfill.
Or under fill since you can't SEE what is going on.

But since Mike thinks it is OK, I am obviously wrong. :shocked:
:yikes: E.R. you are an :cus: ,:cus:...:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflbla ck::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::ro flblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:.....I thought I'd send this in case you have forgotten it ...... Love , Mike :ohyea:

Bob Denman
10-18-2017, 12:04 PM
:D And here we were: wondering what Mike was up to! :roflblack:
Glad to see that you're still thinking outside the box! :thumbup: