PDA

View Full Version : Any vegans out there?

JerryB
10-16-2017, 08:31 PM
Hi folks,

Some of you might consider this NSFW so you might not want to open the 2nd link:

https://www.peta.org/media/news-releases/alicia-silverstone-appears-nude-portland-peta-wallscape-billboard/

http://portlandtribune.com/pt/9-news/375469-260829-anti-wool-campaign-unveils-er-a-naked-endorsement

Me, I am committed carnivore and glad of it.

Jerry Baumchen

Motorcycledave
10-16-2017, 08:43 PM
P-People E-Eating T-Tasty A-Animals

cmbspyderrss
10-16-2017, 09:01 PM
Hmmm Very strange billboard indeed. Photoshopped 20yrs and 50lbs off while holding a lambs decapitated head. Reminds me of the prius peeps. Drive your go go gadget save the world thing hypermiling with a stupid smile and flip a light switch on when you get home. A for effort F for being Hippocratic.

I just had a moist piggy chop, spinach and carrots for dinner. Almost there i guess. New York on the menu tomorrow so nah i'll take and hunt my red or white meat on the ground or in the air but thanks.

Chupaca
10-16-2017, 10:16 PM
All we see is ribs, steaks, cops, chicken, fish and no end to bacon...:roflblack: if I have to have a vegetable let it be wrapped in bacon...:thumbup: but have nothing against anyone who wants to graze with the farm animals....

Peteoz
10-16-2017, 11:34 PM
I wonder what Alicia plans to do for the millions of sheep that could die from summe4 heatstroke or simply from being unable to get up after lying down after a few years of not being sheared ? She didn’t appear to clarify that on her billboard.;)

Pete

IdahoMtnSpyder
10-16-2017, 11:40 PM
In case you haven't heard this one before. Vegetarian is an old Native American word that means "bad hunter". :roflblack::roflblack:

Peter Aawen
10-17-2017, 01:48 AM
Vegetarian = Old Native American for 'Bad Hunter'!! :roflblack: :clap: I like that! :firstplace:

As Pete mentioned, I wonder if all these people protesting realise the extremely agonising deaths they'd be sentencing ALL the unshorn sheep to if everyone stopped shearing tomorrow.... :dontknow: and the slow & lingering deaths they would be inflicting on those currently on potentially 'no longer viable' farms if the wool market slumps significantly??!?:lecturef_smilie: Or that one of the few reasons these protesters even have the intellectual capacity to think coherently enough to come up with their ideas is that their parents fed them the necessary protiens found largely in meat products for their brains to develop sufficiently... or that one of the reasons we aren't still all covered in fur & sitting around with the rest of the apes picking nits & lice off each others heads & backs is that our ancestors ate those foods this lot find so offensive now!?! :gaah:

Maybe they'd be smarter to lobby for better treatment & more 'humane' shearing methods, but I bet they wouldn't want to let their 'ease of living' slip at all in order to fund that sort of stuff! But it's fine to protest just so long as it doesn't impact their way of life.... Yeah, destroy half the rest of the world's livelihood & ability to live, let alone live comfortably, that's fine by them, just so long as it's 'not in my back yard!' :shocked: PETA = NIMBY = another word for fu..... oh, hang on, that'd get me tossed off the Forum! :opps:

Peteoz
10-17-2017, 02:04 AM
. or that one of the reasons we aren't still all covered in fur & sitting around with the rest of the apes picking nits & lice off each others heads & backs is that our ancestors ate those foods this lot find so offensive now!?!

:opps:

Speak for yourself, Peter. I am sitting here right now, covered in fur, with my wife picking nits and lice out of my hair;)......some of us haven’t progressed as far as you think.:D

Pete

Peter Aawen
10-17-2017, 02:10 AM
I just wasn't gonna say anything about that Pete, but since you've 'outed' yourself as still being furry... :shocked: :roflblack: :thumbup:

rudym
10-17-2017, 06:09 AM
Eating is a learned behavior folks. Plain and simple.
I do not advocate what people should eat, but as a health care professional I will tell you what the science says: Diets high in animal proteins and Fats significantly increase your chance of heart disease. Period.
That said, enjoy your meat but do so in moderation, unless of course you do not care about your health.
Your diet should be Mostly vegetables, fruits, some nut meats, animal meats and of course carbs. Our brains and bodies need sugars and fats but there is more than enough fats and sugars in our foods without adding any.
Hopefully all of what I mentioned - you buy and prepare and consume in a minimally processed way.
If you are a die hard meat eater it's okay - just study your waist line and ask yourself if less might = more health.

Be safe, be healthy, be smarter about how you live your life.

kep-up
10-17-2017, 06:54 AM
Oh, lordy, lordy, lordy. What to do?

I was planning to go rabbit hunting today!

But, oh the cruelty! :(

But, oh the rabbit stew! :D
I think I'm gonna go get me a rabbit!:ohyea:

Bob Denman
10-17-2017, 07:02 AM
I do not advocate what people should eat, but as a health care professional I will tell you what the science says: Diets high in animal proteins and Fats significantly increase your chance of heart disease. Period.
That said, enjoy your meat but do so in moderation, unless of course you do not care about your health.
Your diet should be Mostly vegetables, fruits, some nut meats, animal meats and of course carbs. Our brains and bodies need sugars and fats but there is more than enough fats and sugars in our foods without adding any.
Hopefully all of what I mentioned - you buy and prepare and consume in a minimally processed way.
If you are a die hard meat eater it's okay - just study your waist line and ask yourself if less might = more health.

Have you ever heard of "Paleolithic Nutrition"?
The theory is that we evolved as omnivores, and that nothing has changed...
We started out eating whatever didn't eat us first! :thumbup: That includes whatever part of the animal that we could choke down... :shocked:
Processed carbs became a cheap way to feed a lot of people about 120 years ago.
Eat all the meat you want to: it's not going to hurt you nearly as much as the fear-mongers say it will.

As far as those idiots from PETA: :cus::cus::cus::cus::cus::cus::cus:
They wanted to changed the name of a Town in the Mid-Hudson region of NYS. They wanted the Town of Fishkill, to change it's name to "Fishsave"... :roflblack:
Apparently they didn't know that the name has a Dutch origin: "kill" is simply a derivation of the word that means "stream". :banghead:

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
10-17-2017, 07:02 AM
if alicia wants to come to my store nude and ask me to go vegan i will listen

Bob Denman
10-17-2017, 07:22 AM
What's your Wife going to say about this?

Fatcycledaddy
10-17-2017, 08:21 AM

Is this the same science that one promoted smoking and had Doctors touting the benefits, or the science that said that eggs would kill us only to change it later, or the science that back in the 70s was worried about global cooling and wanted to spread coal dust over the arctic to melt the ice who have now decided we have global warming? Then again it could be the science that said the earth was flat and that the sun revolved around the earth.

Or is this the same science told me I have k9 teeth for eating meat?

Just because science says it does not mean it is always right.

As far as looking at the waist line, I know some fat vegans also. Looking at the waist line tells you if you should cut down on calorie input, not just on meats.

wyliec
10-17-2017, 08:53 AM
That was quite manly to punch and kick defenseless animals.

cmbspyderrss
10-17-2017, 08:54 AM
There is no denying that we evolved by mostly a meat diet and then our evolution took off once we started cooking it. Vegetables were not added until our brains could understand what happened to the poor animals and people who were the genie pigs for trying that green and multitude of colors of veggies along with that stuff in the ground.

what we eat today and the fact we don't exercise like hunter gathers is a huge reason our spare tires in both men and women are what they are. Shoot, most people won't even walk to the mailbox let alone take the stairs instead of the elevator. Vegetables are a awesome thing there is no denying that. They are popular because they push out all the crap we eat and provide some of the nutrients we need to balance our nutrition intake.

im not saying eat anything you want but eat what your body tells you to eat. If you do that AND exercise all should be good.

SpyderAnn01
10-17-2017, 08:59 AM
I’m a Las Vegan, does that count?

Pirate looks at --
10-17-2017, 09:07 AM
Well you are a "Lass" but are you a Vegan??????:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

UtahPete
10-17-2017, 10:08 AM
Hi folks, Some of you might consider this NSFW so you might not want to open the 2nd link: https://www.peta.org/media/news-releases/alicia-silverstone-appears-nude-portland-peta-wallscape-billboard/ http://portlandtribune.com/pt/9-news/375469-260829-anti-wool-campaign-unveils-er-a-naked-endorsement

Me, I am committed carnivore and glad of it. Jerry Baumchen

Hmmm. I don't think this is about being a vegan so much as an effort to stop the mistreatment of sheep being sheared for wool production. I think there are probably more pressing problems in the world to be solved, but I also understand the desire to stop the unnecessary cruelty in these industries.

Firefly
10-17-2017, 10:22 AM
Is this the same science that one promoted smoking and had Doctors touting the benefits, or the science that said that eggs would kill us only to change it later, or the science that back in the 70s was worried about global cooling and wanted to spread coal dust over the arctic to melt the ice who have now decided we have global warming? Then again it could be the science that said the earth was flat and that the sun revolved around the earth.

Or is this the same science told me I have k9 teeth for eating meat?

Just because science says it does not mean it is always right.

As far as looking at the waist line, I know some fat vegans also. Looking at the waist line tells you if you should cut down on calorie input, not just on meats.

There was never a consensus on 'global cooling'.. that was a small group of 'scientists' pushing that narrative. Never heard of the coal dust thing. No real scientist would back that.

The nice thing about science is that it will change based on new data and facts. We've come a long way since the 70's. Climate change is fact just as a round earth and evolution.

Science is what allows you to post out here. Science is what allows you to ride a Spyder down the road at 80mph.

Science is self-correcting and therefore more accurate and factual than basically anything.

Firefly
10-17-2017, 10:29 AM
There is no denying that we evolved by mostly a meat diet and then our evolution took off once we started cooking it. Vegetables were not added until our brains could understand what happened to the poor animals and people who were the genie pigs for trying that green and multitude of colors of veggies along with that stuff in the ground.

what we eat today and the fact we don't exercise like hunter gathers is a huge reason our spare tires in both men and women are what they are. Shoot, most people won't even walk to the mailbox let alone take the stairs instead of the elevator. Vegetables are a awesome thing there is no denying that. They are popular because they push out all the crap we eat and provide some of the nutrients we need to balance our nutrition intake.

im not saying eat anything you want but eat what your body tells you to eat. If you do that AND exercise all should be good.

Yes, there is a correlation between when early man started eating meat and brain growth, but I don't believe they've concluded that to be the main cause of the brain growth. If eating a lot of meat (which I do) made us really smart then the USA should be filled with brainiacs....

PETA is a nutty group and all vegans should not be judged by the actions of those nuts. I know plenty of vegans that simply choose not to eat animal products and byproducts. They're generally very health people. It's well established that less meat is good for you and more veggies are best. I still hate veggies... but love my meats! Meat production is one of the biggest contributors to climate change. I can't wait for the whole 'lab grown meat' to really take off. That will be the future of meat production. I wonder if vegetarians and vegans will embrace lab meat since no animals will be harmed growing it?

PETA also runs animal kill shelters.

https://www.petakillsanimals.com/proof-peta-kills/#petakills

Fatcycledaddy
10-17-2017, 11:33 AM
There was never a consensus on 'global cooling'.. that was a small group of 'scientists' pushing that narrative. Never heard of the coal dust thing. No real scientist would back that.

The nice thing about science is that it will change based on new data and facts. We've come a long way since the 70's. Climate change is fact just as a round earth and evolution.

Science is what allows you to post out here. Science is what allows you to ride a Spyder down the road at 80mph.

Science is self-correcting and therefore more accurate and factual than basically anything.
http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2009/12/scientists-considered-pouring-soot-over-the-arctic-in-the-1970s-to-help-melt-the-ice-in-order-to-prevent-another-ice-age.html
Here is a link to some of the info. I was in a science class when this took place and there were articles in Popular Science, Newsweek, Time magazine, and many other places regarding the subject of coal dust to help melt the ice.
In the same articles it said that the Great Lakes would be desert by the turn of the century. Yes MANY real scientist backed that.

The problem with SO CALLED science now days is that they use flawed data many times as has been proven over and over again. Science should be able to be repeated or replicated, it was never meant to be a conscious of ideas, it was meant to be proven facts that could be replicated with the same results each time.

Whimsical ideas backed up by false data from a computer model is not science, that computer model can be tweaked slightly and a totally new outcome is visible, and no computer models ever come up with the same outcome.

Per ScienceNews for Students:
"In the world of science, the gold standard for accepting a finding is seeing it “replicated.” To achieve this, researchers must repeat a study and find the same conclusion. Doing so helps confirm that the original finding wasn’t a fluke — one due to chance.Yet try as they might, many research teams cannot replicate, or match, an original study’s results. Sometimes that occurs because the original scientists faked the study. Indeed, a 2012 study (http://www.pnas.org/content/109/42/17028.abstract) looked at more than 2,000 published papers that had to be retracted — eventually labeled by the publisher as too untrustworthy to believe. Of these, more than 65 percent involved cases of misconduct, including fraud."

UtahPete
10-17-2017, 11:36 AM
http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2009/12/scientists-considered-pouring-soot-over-the-arctic-in-the-1970s-to-help-melt-the-ice-in-order-to-prevent-another-ice-age.html The problem with SO CALLED science now days is that they use flawed data many times as has been proven over and over again.

So if you don't trust science for answers about our physical world, what do you trust?

Fatcycledaddy
10-17-2017, 11:47 AM
So if you don't trust science for answers about our physical world, what do you trust?

I do trust true science, it can be proven and replicated!

UtahPete
10-17-2017, 11:48 AM
I do trust true science, it can be proven and replicated!

How do you distinguish between the two? How do you know when something is 'true science' vs 'junk science'?

Fatcycledaddy
10-17-2017, 12:05 PM
How do you differentiate between the two?
The scientific method is the best way yet discovered for winnowing the truth from lies and delusion. The simple version looks something like this:

1. Observe some aspect of the universe.
2. Invent a tentative description, called a hypothesis, that is consistent with what you have observed.
3. Use the hypothesis to make predictions.
4. Test those predictions by experiments or further observations and modify the hypothesis in the light of your results.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until there are no discrepancies between theory and experiment and/or observation.

I know that if you have an ignition source that gasoline will burn and if under pressure, with the proper air mixture, will explode. Science tells me that and I can replicate that at any given time.
Science tells me that a low pressure system, and a high pressure system in the weather can guide the storms. It happens with every system, it is replicated, that is science.

The rest is just theory, yes theory is important and ideas are needed, but call it what it is, a theory.
Just like evolution is a scientific theory, it has as of yet been proven. If it was still taking place and we had monkeys that were still evolving into humans or half way evolved it could be proven. But until that so called missing link is found it is nothing more than a theory.
Creation is also a theory, I do believe that theory, however again it can not be proven by science just as evolution can't be proven, so it is a theory.
I believe in science, and scientific theory, but I also no that a scientific theory does not make that theory fact.

UtahPete
10-17-2017, 12:20 PM
The scientific method is the best way yet discovered for winnowing the truth from lies and delusion. I believe in science, and scientific theory, but I also no that a scientific theory does not make that theory fact.

What I meant was, when looking at a certain disputed phenomenon, like the correlation between red meat consumption and risk of heart disease, how do you know which argument is based on 'true science' and which is 'junk science'?

ARtraveler
10-17-2017, 12:30 PM
Going to stay out of the back and forth. Interesting subject--but I predict no winning side. :roflblack::roflblack:

To paraphrase an old military saying: "Eat em if you got em."

Fatcycledaddy
10-17-2017, 01:04 PM
What I meant was, when looking at a certain disputed phenomenon, like the correlation between red meat consumption and risk of heart disease, how do you know which argument is based on 'true science' and which is 'junk science'?
Again it is theory, not all people who eat red meat have heart disease. Not all humans are the same and different things affect each of us a little differently. My brother who is well over 70 years old, has eaten red meat almost every day of his life and yet his cholesterol is way below average, my wife who eats more vegetables than meat, and rarely eats red meat, she prefers chicken, is on cholesterol meds. I myself am 57 and have a cholesterol level in the high 80 range, I eat red meat several times a week and as the doc puts it, a heart like a horse.
There are other things that come into play also, I have never smokes anything in my life and have never tasted any alcohol except wine at communion. I am sure this plays a part in how healthy I am. At this point I have only had 1 sick day on 15 years.
Some of those people who red meat is a detriment to also smoke and drink to excess, in other words the red meat compounds the problem.

There is a reason they call it Practicing medicine, the way different people respond to any medication can vary widely, the same can be said for the way peoples bodies respond to foods and other things.

Look at the theory on coffee alone, a few years back you should not drink any now it has changed.

Does coffee offer health benefits?

Answers from Donald Hensrud, M.D. (https://www.mayoclinic.org/expert-biographies/donald-hensrud-m-d/bio-20025126)

Coffee has been around for a long time and blamed for many ills — from stunting your growth to causing heart disease — but newer research shows that it may actually have health benefits.
Recent studies have generally found no connection between coffee and an increased risk of heart disease or cancer.

In fact, some studies have found an association between coffee consumption and decreased overall mortality and possibly cardiovascular mortality, although this may not be true in younger people who drink large amounts of coffee.
Why the apparent reversal in the thinking about coffee? Earlier studies didn't always take into account that known high-risk behaviors, such as smoking and physical inactivity, tended to be more common among heavy coffee drinkers.
Studies have shown that coffee may have health benefits, including protecting against Parkinson's disease, type 2 diabetes and liver disease, including liver cancer. Coffee also appears to improve cognitive function and decrease the risk of depression.

wyliec
10-17-2017, 01:08 PM
Going to stay out of the back and forth. Interesting subject--but I predict no winning side. :roflblack::roflblack:

Old military saying?

Smoke em if you got em is an old military saying. I googled, and can't find anything. I imagine you're referring to c-rations.

ARtraveler
10-17-2017, 01:12 PM
Old military saying?

Smoke em if you got em is an old military saying. I googled, and can't find anything. I imagine you're referring to c-rations.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by akspyderman http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1309619#post1309619) Going to stay out of the back and forth. Interesting subject--but I predict no winning side. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/images/smilies/roflblack.gifhttp://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/images/smilies/roflblack.gif

The key word here is paraphrase. Smoke em if you got em is where Eat em, if you got em came from. I am talking about critters per the discussion. And, I am guessing you know that now. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Firefly
10-17-2017, 01:15 PM
The scientific method is the best way yet discovered for winnowing the truth from lies and delusion. The simple version looks something like this:

1. Observe some aspect of the universe.
2. Invent a tentative description, called a hypothesis, that is consistent with what you have observed.
3. Use the hypothesis to make predictions.
4. Test those predictions by experiments or further observations and modify the hypothesis in the light of your results.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until there are no discrepancies between theory and experiment and/or observation.

I know that if you have an ignition source that gasoline will burn and if under pressure, with the proper air mixture, will explode. Science tells me that and I can replicate that at any given time.
Science tells me that a low pressure system, and a high pressure system in the weather can guide the storms. It happens with every system, it is replicated, that is science.

The rest is just theory, yes theory is important and ideas are needed, but call it what it is, a theory.
Just like evolution is a scientific theory, it has as of yet been proven. If it was still taking place and we had monkeys that were still evolving into humans or half way evolved it could be proven. But until that so called missing link is found it is nothing more than a theory.
Creation is also a theory, I do believe that theory, however again it can not be proven by science just as evolution can't be proven, so it is a theory.
I believe in science, and scientific theory, but I also no that a scientific theory does not make that theory fact.

Ummm.. in the world of science a THEORY is a basically a hypothesis that has been proven and is accepted as fact....Evolution is one of those. It is proven fact. We have DNA evidence, bones, etc. The DNA is overwhelming.

There is no 'missing link' BTW....

https://www.livescience.com/21491-what-is-a-scientific-theory-definition-of-theory.html

https://thelogicofscience.com/2017/02/28/genetics-provide-powerful-evidence-of-evolution/

These simple photos and explanation end all speculation about human evolution....
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/02/bill-nye-creationism-evolution/

ARtraveler
10-17-2017, 01:17 PM
Missing link: isn't that where the dog stole my sausage? :roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
10-17-2017, 01:20 PM
But Science can't begin to compete with a decently half-baked opinion! :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

UtahPete
10-17-2017, 01:47 PM
Again it is theory, not all people who eat red meat have heart disease. Look at the theory on coffee alone, a few years back you should not drink any now it has changed.

I'm not debating any particular issue. What I want to know from you is; how can you distinguish between an argument based on 'true science' and one that's based on conjecture?

Fatcycledaddy
10-17-2017, 02:03 PM
I'm not debating any particular issue. What I want to know from you is; how can you distinguish between an argument based on 'true science' and one that's based on conjecture?
The answer would vary by issue, so if you are not talking about an issue, you can't answer the question. The reasoning behind the answer would vary per topic.

Fatcycledaddy
10-17-2017, 02:08 PM
Ummm.. in the world of science a THEORY is a basically a hypothesis that has been proven and is accepted as fact....Evolution is one of those. It is proven fact. We have DNA evidence, bones, etc. The DNA is overwhelming.

There is no 'missing link' BTW....

https://www.livescience.com/21491-what-is-a-scientific-theory-definition-of-theory.html

https://thelogicofscience.com/2017/02/28/genetics-provide-powerful-evidence-of-evolution/

These simple photos and explanation end all speculation about human evolution....
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/02/bill-nye-creationism-evolution/

Here are a few who would disagree with your statement that it is fact and unlike Bill Nye the so called science guy who is not a scientist, they have doctorates in their degrees.
Scientists alive today* (https://creation.com/creation-scientists#alive) who accept the biblical account of creationNote: Individuals on this list must possess a doctorate in a science-related field.

Dr Paul Ackerman, Psychologist
Dr E. Theo Agard (https://creation.com/e-theo-agard-medical-physics-in-six-days), Medical Physics
Dr James Allan (https://creation.com/jumping-ship), Geneticist
Dr Steve Austin (https://creation.com/dr-steven-a-austin), Geologist
Dr S.E. Aw, Biochemist
Dr Thomas Barnes, Physicist
Dr Geoff Barnard (https://creation.com/dr-geoff-barnard), Immunologist
Dr Don Batten (https://creation.com/dr-don-batten-cv), Plant physiologist, tropical fruit expert
Dr John Baumgardner (https://creation.com/john-baumgardner), Electrical Engineering, Space Physicist, Geophysicist, expert in supercomputer modeling of plate tectonics
Dr Jerry Bergman (https://creation.com/dr-jerry-bergman), Psychologist
Dr Kimberly Berrine, Microbiology & Immunology
Prof. Vladimir Betina, Microbiology, Biochemistry & Biology
Dr Raymond G. Bohlin (https://creation.com/dr-raymond-g-bohlin), Biologist
Dr Markus Blietz (https://creation.com/markus-blietz-astrophysicist-interview), Astrophysicist
Dr Andrew Bosanquet, Biology, Microbiology
Edward A. Boudreaux (https://creation.com/edward-a-boudreaux-theoretical-chemistry-in-six-days), Theoretical Chemistry
Dr David R. Boylan, Chemical Engineer
Prof. Linn E. Carothers (https://creation.com/linn-e-carothers), Associate Professor of Statistics
Dr Robert W. Carter (https://creation.com/dr-robert-carter-cv), Zoology (Marine Biology and Genetics)
Dr David Catchpoole (https://creation.com/david-catchpoole-cv), Plant Physiologist (read his testimony (https://creation.com/from-lampooning-loonies-to-shouting-creation))
Prof. Sung-Do Cha, Physics
Dr Eugene F. Chaffin (https://creation.com/eugene-f-chaffin), Professor of Physics
Dr Choong-Kuk Chang, Genetic Engineering
Prof. Jeun-Sik Chang, Aeronautical Engineering
Dr Donald Chittick (https://creation.com/donald-chittick), Physical Chemist
Prof. Chung-Il Cho, Biology Education
Dr John M. Cimbala (https://creation.com/john-m-cimbala-mechanical-engineering-in-six-days), Mechanical Engineering
Dr Harold Coffin, Palaeontologist
Dr Bob Compton (https://creation.com/article/3608/#compton), DVM
Dr Ken Cumming (https://creation.com/kenneth-b-cumming), Biologist
Dr Jack W. Cuozzo (https://creation.com/dr-jack-cuozzo), Dentist
Dr William M. Curtis III (https://creation.com/william-m-curtis), Th.D., Th.M., M.S., Aeronautics & Nuclear Physics
Dr Malcolm Cutchins, Aerospace Engineering
Dr Lionel Dahmer, Analytical Chemist
Dr Raymond V. Damadian (https://creation.com/super-scientist-slams-societys-spiritual-sickness), M.D., Pioneer of magnetic resonance imaging
Dr Chris Darnbrough, Biochemist
Dr Nancy M. Darrall (https://creation.com/nancy-m-darrall-botany-in-six-days), Botany
Dr Bryan Dawson (https://creation.com/bryan-dawson), Mathematics
Dr Douglas Dean, Biological Chemistry
Prof. Stephen W. Deckard (https://creation.com/stephen-w-deckard), Assistant Professor of Education
Dr David A. DeWitt (https://creation.com/dr-david-dewitt), Biology, Biochemistry, Neuroscience
Dr Don DeYoung (https://creation.com/dr-donald-deyoung), Astronomy, atmospheric physics, M.Div
Dr Geoff Downes (https://creation.com/dr-geoff-downes), Creationist Plant Physiologist
Dr Ted Driggers (https://creation.com/ted-driggers), Operations research
Dr Angel Duty (https://creation.com/engineered-for-duty), Biomedical engineering
Dr Chad Duty (https://creation.com/engineered-for-duty), Mechanical engineering
Robert H. Eckel (https://creation.com/robert-h-eckel-medical-research-in-six-days), Medical research
Dr André Eggen (https://creation.com/andre-eggen), Geneticist
Dr Edward Elmer, Orthopedic surgery specialist (Harvard Medical School graduate)
Prof. Dennis L. Englin (https://creation.com/dennis-l-englin), Professor of Geophysics
Prof. Danny Faulkner (https://creation.com/dr-danny-r-faulkner), Astronomy
Prof. Carl B. Fliermans (https://creation.com/carl-b-fliermans), Professor of Biology
Prof. Dwain L. Ford (https://creation.com/dwain-l-ford-organic-chemistry-in-six-days), Organic Chemistry
Prof. Robert H. Franks (https://creation.com/robert-h-franks), Associate Professor of Biology
Dr Alan Galbraith (https://creation.com/recovery-from-evolution), Watershed Science
Dr Paul Giem (https://creation.com/paul-giem-medical-research-in-six-days), Medical Research
Dr Maciej Giertych (https://creation.com/professor-of-genetics-says-no-to-evolution), Geneticist
Dr Tim Gilmour, Electrical Engineer
Dr Duane Gish (https://creation.com/duane-gish), Biochemist
Dr Werner Gitt (https://creation.com/dr-werner-gitt), Information Scientist
Dr D.B. Gower (https://creation.com/d-b-gower-biochemistry-in-six-days), Biochemistry
Dr Dianne Grocott (https://creation.com/dr-dianne-grocott), Psychiatrist
Dr Stephen Grocott (https://creation.com/stephen-grocott-inorganic-chemistry-in-six-days), Industrial Chemist
Dr Donald Hamann, Food Scientist
Dr Barry Harker, Philosopher
Dr Charles W. Harrison, Applied Physicist, Electromagnetics
Dr John Hartnett (https://creation.com/dr-john-hartnett-cv), Physicist and Cosmologist
Dr Mark Harwood (https://creation.com/what-goes-up), Satellite Communications
Dr Joe Havel (https://creation.com/seeing-a-way-through-the-forest), Botanist, Silviculturist, Ecophysiologist
Dr George Hawke (https://creation.com/dr-george-hawke), Environmental Scientist
Dr Margaret Helder (https://creation.com/dr-margaret-helder), Science Editor, Botanist
Dr Harold R. Henry, Engineer
Dr Jonathan Henry (https://creation.com/jonathan-henry), Astronomy
Dr Joseph Henson, Entomologist
Dr Robert A. Herrmann, Professor of Mathematics, US Naval Academy
Dr Andrew Hodge (https://creation.com/dealing-with-the-heart-of-the-problem), Head of the Cardiothoracic Surgical Service
Dr Kelly Hollowell (https://creation.com/kelly-hollowell), Molecular and Cellular Pharmacologist
Dr Ed Holroyd, III (https://creation.com/dr-edmond-w-holroyd), Atmospheric Science
Dr Bob Hosken (https://creation.com/bob-hosken-biochemistry-in-six-days), Biochemistry
Dr George F. Howe (https://creation.com/george-f-howe-botany-in-six-days), Botany
Dr Neil Huber (https://creation.com/evolution-abandoned), Physical Anthropologist
Dr Russell Humphreys (https://creation.com/d-russell-humphreys-cv), Physicist
Dr James A. Huggins (https://creation.com/james-a-huggins), Professor and Chair, Department of Biology
Evan Jamieson (https://creation.com/evan-jamieson-hydrometallurgy-in-six-days), Hydrometallurgy
George T. Javor (https://creation.com/george-t-javor-biochemistry-in-six-days), Biochemistry
Dr Pierre Jerlström (https://creation.com/dr-pierre-gunnar-jerlstrom), Creationist Molecular Biologist
Dr Arthur Jones (https://creation.com/arthur-jones-biology-in-six-days), Biology
Dr Jonathan W. Jones, Plastic Surgeon
Dr Raymond Jones (https://creation.com/standing-firm-raymond-jones-interview), Agricultural Scientist
Dr Felix Konotey-Ahulu (https://creation.com/dr-felix-konotey-ahulu), Physician, leading expert on sickle-cell anemia (https://creation.com/sickle-cell-anemia-does-not-prove-evolution)
Prof. Leonid Korochkin, Molecular Biology
Dr Valery Karpounin, Mathematical Sciences, Logics, Formal Logics
Dr Dean Kenyon, Biology
Prof. Gi-Tai Kim, Biology
Prof. Harriet Kim, Biochemistry
Prof. Jong-Bai Kim, Biochemistry
Prof. Jung-Han Kim, Biochemistry
Prof. Jung-Wook Kim, Environmental Science
Prof. Kyoung-Rai Kim, Analytical Chemistry
Prof. Kyoung-Tai Kim, Genetic Engineering
Prof. Young-Gil Kim, Materials Science
Prof. Young In Kim, Engineering
Dr John W. Klotz, Biologist
Dr Vladimir F. Kondalenko, Cytology/Cell Pathology
Dr Leonid Korochkin, M.D., Genetics, Molecular Biology, Neurobiology
Dr John K.G. Kramer (https://creation.com/john-k-g-kramer-biochemistry-in-six-days), Biochemistry
Prof. Jin-Hyouk Kwon, Physics
Prof. Myung-Sang Kwon, Immunology
Dr John G. Leslie (https://creation.com/john-leslie), Biochemistry, molecular biology, medicine, biblical archaeology
Prof. Lane P. Lester (https://creation.com/lane-p-lester), Biology, Genetics
Dr Jason Lisle (https://creation.com/dr-jason-lisle), Astrophysicist
Dr Alan Love, Chemistry
Dr Heinz Lycklama, Nuclear Physics
Dr Ian Macreadie (https://creation.com/dr-ian-macreadie), Molecular Biology, Microbiology:
Dr John Marcus (https://creation.com/john-p-marcus-biochemistry-in-six-days), Molecular Biology
Dr George Marshall (https://creation.com/an-eye-for-creation-george-marshall-interview), Ophthalmology
Dr Jim Mason (https://creation.com/jim-mason-nuclear-physicist), Nuclear Physics
Dr Ralph Matthews (https://creation.com/ralph-matthews), Radiation Chemistry
Dr John McEwan (https://creation.com/couple-for-creation-creation-magazine-john-and-sally-mcewan-inteview), Chemist
Prof. Andy McIntosh (https://creation.com/andy-mcintosh), Combustion theory, aerodynamics
Dr David Menton (https://creation.com/dr-david-menton), Anatomist
Dr Angela Meyer (https://creation.com/angela-meyer-plant-science-in-six-days), Creationist Plant Physiologist
Dr John Meyer (https://creation.com/john-r-meyer), Physiologist
Dr Albert Mills (https://creation.com/back-on-solid-ground), Reproductive Physiologist, Embryologist
Colin W. Mitchell (https://creation.com/colin-w-mitchell-geography-in-six-days), Geography
Dr John N. Moore, Science Educator
Dr John W. Moreland (https://creation.com/dr-john-w-moreland), Mechanical engineer and Dentist
Dr Henry M. Morris (https://creation.com/henry-m-morris), Hydrologist
Dr John D. Morris (https://creation.com/john-d-morris), Geologist
Dr Len Morris, Physiologist
Dr Graeme Mortimer, Geologist
Stanley A. Mumma (https://creation.com/stanley-a-mumma-architectural-engineering-in-six-days), Architectural Engineering
Prof. Hee-Choon No, Nuclear Engineering
Dr Eric Norman (https://creation.com/evolution-unscientific), Biomedical researcher
Prof. John Oller, Linguistics
Prof. Chris D. Osborne (https://creation.com/chris-d-osborne), Assistant Professor of Biology
Dr John Osgood, Medical Practitioner
Dr David Pace, Organic Chemistry
Dr Charles Pallaghy, Botanist
Dr Gary E. Parker (https://creation.com/gary-parker), Biologist, Cognate in Geology (Paleontology)
Dr David Pennington (https://creation.com/reshaping-people), Plastic Surgeon
Prof. Richard Porter (https://creation.com/standing-upright-for-creation-richard-porter-interview)
Dr Georgia Purdom, Molecular Genetics (https://creation.com/dr-georgia-purdom)
Dr Albert E. Pye, invertebrate zoology, biotechnology, biological control (1945–2012)
Dr John Rankin (https://creation.com/john-r-rankin-mathematical-physics-in-six-days), Cosmologist
Dr A.S. Reece, M.D.
Prof. J. Rendle-Short (https://creation.com/professor-john-rendle-short), Pediatrics
Dr Jung-Goo Roe, Biology
Dr David Rosevear, Chemist
Dr Ariel A. Roth (https://creation.com/ariel-a-roth-biology-in-six-days), Biology
Dr John Sanford (https://creation.com/john-sanford), Geneticist
Dr Jonathan D. Sarfati (https://creation.com/dr-jonathan-d-sarfati), Physical chemist / spectroscopist
Dr Joachim Scheven (https://creation.com/dr-joachim-scheven) Palaeontologist:
Dr Ian Scott, Educator
Dr Saami Shaibani (https://creation.com/physics-faith-and-the-fbi), Forensic physicist
Dr Young-Gi Shim, Chemistry
Prof. Hyun-Kil Shin, Food Science
Dr Mikhail Shulgin, Physics
Dr Emil Silvestru (https://creation.com/emil-silvestru), Geologist/karstologist
Dr Roger Simpson, Engineer
Dr Harold Slusher, Geophysicist
Dr E. Norbert Smith, Zoologist
Dr Andrew Snelling (https://creation.com/andrew-a-snelling), Geologist
Prof. Man-Suk Song, Computer Science
Dr Timothy G. Standish (https://creation.com/timothy-g-standish-biology-in-six-days), Biology
Prof. James Stark (https://creation.com/james-stark), Assistant Professor of Science Education
Prof. Brian Stone (https://creation.com/professor-brian-stone), Engineer
Dr Esther Su, Biochemistry
Dr Charles Taylor, Linguistics
Dr Stephen Taylor (https://creation.com/stephen-taylor-electrical-engineering-in-six-days), Electrical Engineering
Dr Ker C. Thomson (https://creation.com/ker-c-thomson-geophysics-in-six-days), Geophysics
Dr Michael Todhunter (https://creation.com/michael-g-todhunter), Forest Genetics
Dr Lyudmila Tonkonog, Chemistry/Biochemistry
Dr Royal Truman (https://creation.com/royal-truman), Organic Chemist:
Dr Larry Vardiman (https://creation.com/larry-vardiman-meteorology-in-six-days), Atmospheric Science
Prof. Walter Veith (https://creation.com/walter-j-veith-zoology-in-six-days), Zoologist
Dr Joachim Vetter, Biologist
Dr Tas Walker (https://creation.com/dr-tasman-bruce-walker), Mechanical Engineer and Geologist
Dr Jeremy Walter (https://creation.com/jeremy-l-walter), Mechanical Engineer
Dr Keith Wanser (https://creation.com/god-and-the-electron), Physicist
Dr Noel Weeks, Ancient Historian (also has B.Sc. in Zoology)
Dr A.J. Monty White (https://creation.com/a-j-monty-white-physical-chemistry-in-six-days), Chemistry/Gas Kinetics
Dr John Whitmore, Geologist/Paleontologist
Dr Carl Wieland (https://creation.com/dr-carl-wieland-cv), Medical doctor
Dr Lara Wieland (https://creation.com/newspaper-hails-creationist-angel-of-the-cape), Medical doctor
Dr Clifford Wilson, Psycholinguist and archaeologist (1923–2012)
Dr Kurt Wise (https://creation.com/fossil-expert-says-think-weird), Palaeontologist
Dr Bryant Wood (https://creation.com/dr-bryant-g-wood), Creationist Archaeologist
Prof. Seoung-Hoon Yang, Physics
Dr Thomas (Tong Y.) Yi (https://creation.com/dr-thomas-tong-y), Ph.D., Creationist Aerospace & Mechanical Engineer
Dr Ick-Dong Yoo, Genetics
Dr Sung-Hee Yoon, Biology
Dr Matthew Young, Mechanical Engineering, Robotics
Dr Patrick Young (https://creation.com/patrick-h-young), Chemist and Materials Scientist
Prof. Keun Bae Yu, Geography
Dr Henry Zuill (https://creation.com/henry-zuill-biology-in-six-days), Biology

Bob Denman
10-17-2017, 02:14 PM
:D I like your impressive list... :clap:
But weren't we talking about something else? :dontknow:

Save the list: the issue of how we got here is bound to come up! :2thumbs:

UtahPete
10-17-2017, 02:18 PM
:D I like your impressive list... :clap:But weren't we talking about something else? :dontknow:

Yes, the topic was the possibly inhumane treatment of sheep whose fleece provides wool for humans to use in clothing.

Fatcycledaddy
10-17-2017, 02:37 PM
:D I like your impressive list... :clap:
But weren't we talking about something else? :dontknow:

Save the list: the issue of how we got here is bound to come up! :2thumbs:
Didn't plan on it going there, but hey, debate is sometimes fun.

I think it was more about Alicia Silverstone Appears Nude

UtahPete
10-17-2017, 02:43 PM
Here are a few who would disagree with your statement that it is fact and unlike Bill Nye the so called science guy who is not a scientist, they have doctorates in their degrees. Scientists alive today* (https://creation.com/creation-scientists#alive) who accept the biblical account of creation

I'm sure you have personally vetted everyone on this list rather than just accepting someone else's word for it? :joke:

Chasinsparks
10-17-2017, 03:57 PM
Disclaimer: I like meat and vegetables alike, I also like humane treatment of animals. I thought this video was fitting for this topic and quite cleverly done (It does lean Vegan/Vegetarian/PETA). Video may be a little much for some to watch PG-PG13

https://www.facebook.com/Spiritofunbounded/videos/1567498336613340/

Bob Denman
10-17-2017, 04:25 PM
Yes, the topic was the possibly inhumane treatment of sheep whose fleece provides wool for humans to use in clothing.

Shearing sheep for their wool is pretty mild; compared to the damage done by me, when I walk around nekkid! :yikes:

UtahPete
10-17-2017, 04:26 PM
Shearing sheep for their wool is pretty mild; compared to the damage done by me, when I walk around nekkid! :yikes:

Oh, so now you want to start a fight about the place of human nudity in public ....?? Whooooaaa!

JerryB
10-17-2017, 04:44 PM
Hi Pete,

Re: the place of human nudity in public

The State of Oregon has no laws prohibiting nudity in public. They do have laws about what you do while nude in public.

https://pdxwnbr.org/

Jerry Baumchen

Peter Aawen
10-17-2017, 05:03 PM

WHOA!! :shocked: For just a nano-second there, I considered clicking one of those little buttons under the bottom left of your post.... then my brain slammed into gear & screamed "DON'T TOUCH THAT ONE IN A PINK FIT OR WITH A BARGE POLE!! :yikes: " There's NO WAY anyone should ever 'like' or 'thank' for the thought of Bob D running around nekkid!! :yikes: Where's that rabbit grating it's eye's & brain when you need it?!?! :banghead:

But I do think there's a lot of misconception out there about shearing sheep - every shearing team I've ever seen would sack on the spot anyone who started punching or kicking the sheep; and even if they didn't, the bloke who owned the property & animals, and relied on their continued health & well being for his livelihood would toss anyone doing that off the property pretty damn quick!! :mad: As for the cuts & tears during shearing, yeah, sometimes that does happen, but most professional shearers are good at their job and any blood or skin damage isn't good for their rep & therefore their ability to continue working NOR is it all that good for the wool quality, so shearers generally try very hard not to cut or injure the sheep they shear in any way; and these days, for most, any injuries (to the sheep) is the exception rather than the rule & they all work towards minimising it! Heck, there's even research going on into developing ways of 'blade-free' shearing (or if you like, 'wool harvesting'! ;) ) Not so much research going into developing ways sheep can be shorn without doing lasting damage to the shearers bodies tho - it's largely a young person's game for a reason! The old shearers are too crippled to work anymore! nojoke

But why let the truth get in the way of a good protest! :gaah:

cmbspyderrss
10-17-2017, 05:12 PM
Missing link: isn't that where the dog stole my sausage? :roflblack::roflblack:

Ha Ha this is a Vegan/ PETA thread so what is a veggie sausage?

UtahPete
10-17-2017, 05:14 PM
Ha Ha this is a Vegan/ PETA thread so what is a veggie sausage?

Probably a lot like the veggie burger I got at 5 Guys yesterday for lunch...;)

UtahPete
10-17-2017, 05:17 PM
But I do think there's a lot of misconception out there about shearing sheep - every shearing team I've ever seen would sack on the spot anyone who started punching or kicking the sheep; and even if they didn't, the bloke who owned the property & animals, and relied on their continued health & well being for his livelihood would toss anyone doing that off the property pretty damn quick!! :mad: As for the cuts & tears during shearing, yeah, sometimes that does happen, but most professional shearers are good at their job and any blood or skin damage isn't good for their rep & therefore their ability to continue working NOR is it all that good for the wool quality, so shearers generally try very hard not to cut or injure the sheep they shear in any way; and these days, for most, any injuries (to the sheep) is the exception rather than the rule & they all work towards minimising it! Heck, there's even research going on into developing ways of 'blade-free' shearing (or if you like, 'wool harvesting'! ;) ) Not so much research going into developing ways sheep can be shorn without doing lasting damage to the shearers bodies tho - it's largely a young person's game for a reason! The old shearers are too crippled to work anymore!

Hey, we're not talking about sheep any more. We want to see more of Bob!

UtahPete
10-17-2017, 05:18 PM
Hi Pete, Re: the place of human nudity in public The State of Oregon has no laws prohibiting nudity in public. They do have laws about what you do while nude in public. https://pdxwnbr.org/ Jerry Baumchen

Well, where's the fun in that?

Peter Aawen
10-17-2017, 05:37 PM
H

Uhuh! :shocked: YOU might want to see more of Bob, but I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in not needing or wanting to see any more of Bob displayed on this screen at all or ever, let alone seeing more of him displayed in this particular thread!! And if he hasn't got any threads on, then I just don't wanta see him anywhere! At All, Ever! Period! - end of discussion! :lecturef_smilie:

Not that we don't like seeing Bob's words posted up here, but nekkid Bob, no way!! :barf: Now if you are talking about seeing more of naked Alicia Silverstone.... that's a whole different ball game! ;)

UtahPete
10-17-2017, 05:47 PM
HUhuh! :shocked: YOU might want to see more of Bob, but I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in not needing or wanting to see any more of Bob displayed on this screen at all or ever, let alone seeing more of him displayed in this particular thread!! And if he hasn't got any threads on, then I just don't wanta see him anywhere! At All, Ever! Period! - end of discussion! :lecturef_smilie: Not that we don't like seeing Bob's words posted up here, but nekkid Bob, no way!! Now if you are talking about seeing more of naked Alicia Silverstone.... that's a whole different ball game! ;)

Geez, Peter, I wouldn't have taken you for a prude! As far as Silverstone goes, naked female bodies get a thread pulled, but we don't know about males yet.

Besides, I'm inclined to withhold judgment until all the evidence is in!

Peter Aawen
10-17-2017, 06:08 PM
There ain't nothin' prudish about not wanting nor needing to see a nekkid Bob D! :yikes: It's purely self preservation! I just couldn't face the years of on-going therapy to get over the trauma & the need to learn braille due to the after effects!..... but how the h... would you ever get that image out of the mind's eye?!?! :shocked:

Mind you, how's it feel Bob, having your naked body discussed in the same thread as that of a naked Alicia Silverstone? That's gotta be a first even for you, doesn't it?? :rolleyes:

cmbspyderrss
10-17-2017, 06:13 PM
:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:

wyliec
10-17-2017, 07:07 PM

You two can take it to P.M.

Bob Denman
10-18-2017, 07:10 AM
:banghead: I think that this Train Wreck has now jumped the shark a second time! :gaah:

Back on point for a moment: that shark ain't a vegan!

PrairieSpyder
10-18-2017, 08:21 AM

How about the people who live above the arctic circle who have lived on blubber for so long? There are other population groups who also subsist on diets high in animal fat that have long lives and low incidence of heart disease.

The whole fat-cholesterol-heart disease thing is not exactly settled science. Check out this book: https://www.amazon.com/Big-Fat-Surprise-Butter-Healthy/dp/1451624433/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1508332559&sr=1-1&keywords=the+big+fat+lie

Bob Denman
10-18-2017, 08:47 AM
Can you imagine trying to serve a "5:00am to 9:00pm (or later)" farmer; a plate of vegetables for supper? :yikes:
When folks used to work for a living: the food never seemed to kill them.

wyliec
10-18-2017, 08:53 AM
How about the people who live above the arctic circle who have lived on blubber for so long? There are other population groups who also subsist on diets high in animal fat that have long lives and low incidence of heart disease.

The whole fat-cholesterol-heart disease thing is not exactly settled science. Check out this book: https://www.amazon.com/Big-Fat-Surprise-Butter-Healthy/dp/1451624433/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1508332559&sr=1-1&keywords=the+big+fat+lie

Before I buy it, have you read it, or have you just read the filler on amazon?

I read the filler, and it answered my most important question. Not whether bacon is good, but is buttered popcorn good. I just love buttered popcorn more than bacon, and it looks like I'm good to go.

Sorry, I forgot: thank you for the link.

jerpinoy
10-18-2017, 10:26 AM
Michael Jackson was a Vegan is that count.?

Grandpot
10-18-2017, 10:34 AM
:bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh: :bdh:

Fatcycledaddy
10-18-2017, 10:43 AM
:bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh: :bdh:

Ohhhh.... the beating of a dead horse....the inhumanity of it all.:shocked:

Bob Denman
10-18-2017, 10:47 AM
:shocked: Is there any good meat left on that horse's carcass? :bbq:

trucker1
10-18-2017, 12:54 PM
In case you haven't heard this one before. Vegetarian is an old Native American word that means "bad hunter". :roflblack::roflblack:
Now that's funny. I don't care what anyone thinks. Its funny. Have you ever seen a skinny indian.

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
10-18-2017, 12:56 PM
What's your Wife going to say about this?

she will say she don't care just don't touch & don't give alicia any of her money

Grandpot
10-18-2017, 12:59 PM
Now that's funny. I don't care what anyone thinks. Its funny. Have you ever seen a skinny indian.

Mahatma Gandhi :joke:

trucker1
10-18-2017, 01:00 PM
Bbq goat is great. Does that count. They eat grass weeds corn hay and everything else they can get in their mouths.

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
10-18-2017, 01:03 PM
Didn't plan on it going there, but hey, debate is sometimes fun.

I think it was more about Alicia Silverstone Appears Nude

i will happily debate any hot women who is in the nude, if she wants to cover herself up then wrap her in bacon & send her to bob

Bob Denman
10-18-2017, 01:18 PM
:shocked: That seems like a perfectly good waste of bacon... :banghead:

Fatcycledaddy
10-18-2017, 02:14 PM
:shocked: Is there any good meat left on that horse's carcass? :bbq:
If there is, I bet its pretty tender after all that beating.

ARtraveler
10-18-2017, 02:18 PM

Just to clarify--I am about 400 miles from the Arctic Circle. I ain't eating any blubber or stinkfish or blubber and berries ice cream. My palate is a tad more sophisticated. Those who imbibe are much tougher than I. :roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
10-18-2017, 02:29 PM
If there is, I bet its pretty tender after all that beating.
:D That's what I was thinking also! :clap::2thumbs:

Firefly
10-18-2017, 03:15 PM
Here are a few who would disagree with your statement that it is fact and unlike Bill Nye the so called science guy who is not a scientist, they have doctorates in their degrees.
Scientists alive today* (https://creation.com/creation-scientists#alive) who accept the biblical account of creation

1. Bill Nye IS a scientist.
2. He (and I ) will happily change our opinions on creationism... all we require is PROOF.
3. The creation story is just that... a STORY.. it's not a theory.
4. So you can find a list of what.. a couple hundred scientists that believe the biblical nonsense which has zero proof? We have millions of scientists that know better and stick to science.. which requires proof.
5. If you want to believe the creation story based on faith... have at it. But don't try and play in the world of science.. where we require proof.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
― Neil Degrasse Tyson

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."
~ Carl Sagan

ARtraveler
10-18-2017, 04:27 PM
Everyone has a biblical theory. Just like politics--your not going to find THE answer here--just a lot of opinions. I will watch and not put forth my personal beliefs. :thumbup:

Bob Denman
10-18-2017, 04:40 PM
1. Bill Nye IS a scientist.
2. He (and I ) will happily change our opinions on creationism... all we require is PROOF.
3. The creation story is just that... a STORY.. it's not a theory.
4. So you can find a list of what.. a couple hundred scientists that believe the biblical nonsense which has zero proof? We have millions of scientists that know better and stick to science.. which requires proof.
5. If you want to believe the creation story based on faith... have at it. But don't try and play in the world of science.. where we require proof.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
― Neil Degrasse Tyson

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."
~ Carl Sagan
Isn't Religion something that we're supposed to avoid discussing in here? :dontknow:
Oh the Hell with that! :roflblack:
Dan,
Would you think that a person is being illogical; if they choose to "play risk versus reward" with this issue?
Think about this:
If you believe, and you're wrong: what will it cost you?
Not a dang thing! :thumbup:
But what might happen to you if you don't believe, and you're wrong??? :shocked:

Firefly
10-18-2017, 04:47 PM
Isn't Religion something that we're supposed to avoid discussing in here? :dontknow:
Dan,
Would you think that a person is being illogical; if they choose to "play risk versus reward" with this issue?
Think about this:
But what might happen to you if you don't believe, and you're wrong??? :shocked:

So should you make sure and believe in the 3,600 claimed gods out there?

Believe 'just in case' ? Oh please....

It's 2017.. time for people to enlighten up already. We know better than to actually believe in mythical fairytales.

UtahPete
10-18-2017, 04:52 PM
Isn't Religion something that we're supposed to avoid discussing in here? :dontknow: Oh the Hell with that! :roflblack: Dan, Would you think that a person is being illogical; if they choose to "play risk versus reward" with this issue? Think about this: If you believe, and you're wrong: what will it cost you? Not a dang thing! :thumbup: But what might happen to you if you don't believe, and you're wrong??? :shocked:

To believe is to sacrifice some personal freedoms I think. There are just too many unsubstantiated belief systems out there for me to be willing to subjugate my free will to any one of them. I mean, Bob, what if there is something to religion but you choose the wrong one?

wyliec
10-18-2017, 05:55 PM
To believe is to sacrifice some personal freedoms I think. There are just too many unsubstantiated belief systems out there for me to be willing to subjugate my free will to any one of them. I mean, Bob, what if there is something to religion but you choose the wrong one?

Just choose anyone, or don’t believe in any if that is your thing.

Utah, looking at the original post, I don’t know how this became a vegan thing. It was just animal abuse. And, here we are at religion, only on spyderlovers.

UtahPete
10-18-2017, 06:02 PM
Just choose anyone, or don’t believe in any if that is your thing. Utah, looking at the original post, I don’t know how this became a vegan thing. It was just animal abuse. And, here we are at religion, only on spyderlovers.

What would Jesus do / say about the mistreatment of animals?

ARtraveler
10-18-2017, 06:18 PM
Dan,
Think about this:

The answer to your first question is yes. :thumbup:

The last question, something like, "I am still making up my mind, but I am getting closer to a decision." :roflblack:

JerryB
10-18-2017, 06:50 PM
Hi wyliec,

Re: only on spyderlovers.

You need to get out more.

Come over to my skydiving forum and you will change your mind. This place is tame when compared to there.

However, there are different rules there; that will definitely effect what can be 'discussed.'

Jerry Baumchen

PrairieSpyder
10-18-2017, 09:26 PM

Before I buy it, have you read it, or have you just read the filler on amazon?

I read the filler, and it answered my most important question. Not whether bacon is good, but is buttered popcorn good. I just love buttered popcorn more than bacon, and it looks like I'm good to go.

Sorry, I forgot: thank you for the link.

Yes, I have read it. It gives the history of how the government guidelines became what they are today. And how studies that might contradict the current guidelines just can't get funding.

Just to clarify--I am about 400 miles from the Arctic Circle. I ain't eating any blubber or stinkfish or blubber and berries ice cream. My palate is a tad more sophisticated. Those who imbibe are much tougher than I. :roflblack::roflblack:

I didn't think you would eat that, Dwayne. I was referring to the native populations, but wasn't sure what the politically correct words were to refer to them.

ARtraveler
10-18-2017, 09:43 PM
Yes, I have read it. It gives the history of how the government guidelines became what they are today. And how studies that might contradict the current guidelines just can't get funding.

I didn't think you would eat that, Dwayne. I was referring to the native populations, but wasn't sure what the politically correct words were to refer to them.

No PC to worry about on this subject. Native works. They do not like Eskimo. Otherwise, they prefer to be called by their tribal designation. We have at least 10 here. One is Inupiat, I don't have all of the others handy. They learned to eat what was available to them. Price for everyday food items is at least 10 times what it costs in Anchorage. You ran into that I am guessing when you visited Barrow--which now has a new native name. Utqiagvik

IdahoMtnSpyder
10-18-2017, 11:35 PM
When it comes to what's good and what's bad in food all I have to say is: Every diet works for someone, no diet works for everyone.

Every person in the food and medical industry who is knowledgeable about diet and nutrition shares a common characteristic with every teacher of every religion in the world. Ain't a single one of them got a lock on the truth! :lecturef_smilie:

Bob Denman
10-19-2017, 06:52 AM
So should you make sure and believe in the 3,600 claimed gods out there?

Believe 'just in case' ? Oh please....

It's 2017.. time for people to enlighten up already. We know better than to actually believe in mythical fairytales.

:D It sure gives you lots of choices: doesn't it? :D
As Ron said: you only need to pick one... :thumbup:

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
10-19-2017, 07:02 AM
What would Jesus do / say about the mistreatment of animals?

he would ask crom for help

ofdave
10-19-2017, 07:39 AM

cmbspyderrss
10-19-2017, 08:50 AM

I can only guess but I'm sure there are protests on other planets with "Why does Earth call us little Green Men? Don't they know there are gray, tall, fat and WOMEN here? Geeze Stupid Earthlings"

Bob Denman
10-19-2017, 08:51 AM
:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack: :clap: :thumbup:

Fatcycledaddy
10-19-2017, 09:01 AM
Just choose anyone, or don’t believe in any if that is your thing.

Utah, looking at the original post, I don’t know how this became a vegan thing. It was just animal abuse. And, here we are at religion, only on spyderlovers.
Maybe it became a vegan thing because the heading of the original post is Any vegans out there? (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?108865-Any-vegans-out-there)

UtahPete
10-19-2017, 09:08 AM
Maybe it became a vegan thing because the heading of the original post is Any vegans out there? (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?108865-Any-vegans-out-there)

I think that was just bait. It worked.

cmbspyderrss
10-19-2017, 09:22 AM
I think that was just bait. It worked.

Agreed. Can't deny the effeciency though. 3 or 4 subjects in one thread is genius.

Pirate looks at --
10-19-2017, 10:04 AM
Come on guys and gals, can't we just all get back to discussing National Anthem Protests!:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflbla ck::roflblack::roflblack:

UtahPete
10-19-2017, 10:06 AM
Come on guys and gals, can't we just all get back to discussing National Anthem Protests!:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflbla ck::roflblack::roflblack:

Same audience, different thread!

Pirate looks at --
10-19-2017, 10:11 AM
So are there any Vegans currently taking a knee during the National Anthem??????

Pirate looks at --
10-19-2017, 10:12 AM
What tire pressure are vegans running as they protest the shearing of sheep???

UtahPete
10-19-2017, 10:13 AM
So are there any Vegans currently taking a knee during the National Anthem??????

I don't think vegans even go to American sports events. They'd starve.

stillriding
10-19-2017, 04:23 PM
What tire pressure are vegans running as they protest the shearing of sheep???​It depends on which oil they're using.

Bob Denman
10-19-2017, 05:10 PM
​It depends on which oil they're using.
Tell a Vegan that you use Canola oil when frying chicken, and watch them turn green... :barf:

jwulf74
10-19-2017, 05:35 PM
I had a Vega back in high school...so I suppose that made me a Vegan. ...:roflblack:

Bob Denman
10-20-2017, 06:51 AM
:shocked: Be careful about admitting to ownership of them... nojoke
:D Somebody might be tempted to call you something else! :joke::joke::joke::joke::joke::joke::joke::joke::j oke::joke::joke:

We knew a fellow who put a nicely-built 454 into one of them... The first time he lit the fires and revved it up: he twisted the uni-body into a pretzel! :yikes:
The hood, doors, and tailgate all popped open! :roflblack: