PDA

View Full Version : LaMonster Air Pump Question

newbert
10-16-2017, 10:24 AM
I have the LaMonster Air Pump, which came with a 12V cigarette lighter style charger and a wall charger. My Spyder has USB ports but no 12 V port. Can I get a USB cable somewhere that can be used to charge or power the air pump in case of emergency (ie - if the pump hasn't been re-charged in awhile)?

If so, could you please provide a link?

Thanks!

Bob Denman
10-16-2017, 10:37 AM
Since my old Spyder didn't have a USB port: I just took the pump and it's charger up into my office, and plugged it in there. :thumbup:
You can pump up a whole bunch of stuff on just one charge! :yes:

Snowbelt Spyder
10-16-2017, 11:05 AM
USB power is only 5 volts. You need 12 volts to charge the pump battery. So, just use the wall charger to keep it charged up or install a 12v port yourself, someplace, fused off the battery. Good winter project.

There's no 12 volt power port on an F3? Weird.

Pirate looks at --
10-16-2017, 02:47 PM
Just checked all 6 tires and added air as needed yesterday, an a two week old charge. The charge you put on it from a hotel room is going to be sufficient to last you a while!

RiverCity45
10-18-2017, 05:06 PM
I have found the following product to be incredibly useful, including plugging in an air pump that draws more than 2 A. I just connect it to the SAE plug under my seat used for attaching a battery tender.
SAE 18" Connector Adapter Converter to 12V Cigarette Socket
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DHIDNE6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

newbert
10-18-2017, 05:30 PM
I have found the following product to be incredibly useful, including plugging in an air pump that draws more than 2 A. I just connect it to the SAE plug under my seat used for attaching a battery tender.
SAE 18" Connector Adapter Converter to 12V Cigarette Socket
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DHIDNE6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now, that looks like it could be pretty darn useful. Thanks!

WackyDan
10-23-2017, 10:11 AM
The lithium ion battery in the pump can hold a useful charge for a long time... So you shouldn't be too worried about it if you topped the charge off a month ago. Just top it off every couple of months and no worries for two to three years when the battery will likely not perform as well. It is what I do and no issues.

Generally my experience with tire pressures has been that I check before I leave the house and I rarely have to add air even on a two week trip. Over that period I might lose a pound at best per tire and that is nothing that warrants pumping them back up. I've taken dozens of week long or 2-3 week long trips with the same results. I keep the pump with me as an emergency item in case I have to plug a tire that was losing air and need to get some pressure into it.

However, that 12volt SAE to Cig outlet that was linked on amazon will work just fine to top it off on the road. I installed a 12volt outlet in my frunk in case I ever need to charge it or the jump start battery pack I carry while riding.