PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Wiring

cobraswinger
10-15-2017, 07:01 PM
I just purchased a dart trailer for my 2017 F3 T and I am wondering what I am going to need to be able to run my lights. I still have to buy the hitch and the controller but what else do I need ? I know that the trailer has a flat 5 pin connector. Any insight would be great.

sylvester
10-15-2017, 07:13 PM
you need to install a 4way isolator and i'll tell you tomorrow what else needs removing couple of plug and plays just forgot which ones ha ve to look and see

cobraswinger
10-24-2017, 05:55 PM
you need to install a 4way isolator and i'll tell you tomorrow what else needs removing couple of plug and plays just forgot which ones ha ve to look and see

I received my hitch today and as I suspected the directions are next to useless. Do I need to remove the passenger backrest and the plastic piece under it to get to where I need to be ? I also think that I need to remove the rear fender (2 pieces ) as well ?? I have been told that I need a converter to go from 4 wires to 5 ??

sylvester
10-25-2017, 07:29 PM
don't know about removal of the tupperware but you really don't need the 4 to 5 converter just the 4 isolator , now my brother did both 4 way isolator and the 4-5 converter i did not works fine

SteveLaoyster
10-25-2017, 07:52 PM
I received my hitch today and as I suspected the directions are next to useless. Do I need to remove the passenger backrest and the plastic piece under it to get to where I need to be ? I also think that I need to remove the rear fender (2 pieces ) as well ?? I have been told that I need a converter to go from 4 wires to 5 ??
Did you get BRP's hitch or someone elses? If you got BRP's then you might want to consider getting this for the trailer.

https://leadersrpmshop.com/can-am-new-oem-spyder-roadster-trailer-tongue-harness-rt-622-710003227/

Currently this place is out of stock. You'll have to find it some place else. And you'll have to get it wired into the trailer so it will plug right into BRP's plug.

sylvester
10-26-2017, 07:50 PM
have the brp hitch i'll get you a number for electrical conn in tenn. they make the harness

Texas Al
11-27-2017, 09:45 PM
Does anyone know if there is a trailer harness that will work on a 2017 F3 S?