PDA

View Full Version : TODAY'S THE DAY!!

oldguyinTX
10-11-2017, 05:04 AM
That I get a new right hip. I had the left one done last February, and was riding in a month. This time will be longer, but that's why I'm having it done now, during what soon will be the off season. I'll be back here to say hello on Friday night.

Lin
10-11-2017, 05:59 AM
Wishing a speedy recovery! Good Luck!

Saluda
10-11-2017, 06:23 AM
Wish you the best.

Bob Denman
10-11-2017, 07:25 AM
The best of luck today, and we're waiting to hear back from you! :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Chupaca
10-11-2017, 09:23 AM
Best of luck on the upcoming replacement surgery..:pray: Just like changing a flat....:roflblack: heal well and we will be waiting for you here .....

Arion
10-11-2017, 09:26 AM
Best wishes for a successful procedure and a speedy recovery. Is it an antero-lateral replacement? Hope so as it tends to heal so much more quickly than the alternative procedure.

wyliec
10-11-2017, 09:49 AM
I've worked in P.T. with patients with the different approaches for hip replacement. I found no approach better than another. It really all depends on the patient. It sounds like the oldguyinCT is a go getter, and should do well.

Speedy recovery do you oldguyinCT.

jerpinoy
10-11-2017, 11:23 AM
Wish you the best and quick recovery, God Bless and take care.

ARtraveler
10-11-2017, 11:56 AM
Wishing a speedy recovery. :yes::yes:

DGoebel
10-11-2017, 12:59 PM
I'll be praying for you, your family, your surgical team, the recovery team, your PT Team, and all those that will assist you through this experience.
May it be swift, sure, and as painless as it can be.

Lew L
10-11-2017, 02:53 PM
Wish you the best and quick recovery, God Bless and take care.

And NO,
Kaos

bscrive
10-11-2017, 02:57 PM
Best of luck Dwight and hopefully a speedy recovery. :yes::yes:

oldguyinTX
10-11-2017, 03:33 PM
Got into my room around 11am. They have had me up twice to walk, will have some PT later this evening. Very little pain. I will most likely get to go home tomorrow. I am REALLY looking forward to walking pain free. Thank you all for your good energy and wishes. It really does help.
Dwight

Mazo EMS2
10-11-2017, 05:05 PM
Best of luck "Old Guy"

vampyregirl
10-11-2017, 06:49 PM
Wishing you a speedy recovery!!

oldguyinTX
10-11-2017, 09:42 PM
Well, I have now walked the length of the (long) hallway 5 times, got some pain meds and am now in bed resting comfortably. Oh,did I mention that they had to move me to a different room? Today was the first day the new unit was open, so naturally my bathroom flooded. I kinda felt sorry for the guy from engineering -he works for the hospital and was not involved with the renovation - who had to deal with two really PO'd nurses. I don't think it helped that he showed up with a plunger and no other tools.

ARtraveler
10-11-2017, 09:51 PM
Well, I have now walked the length of the (long) hallway 5 times, got some pain meds and am now in bed resting comfortably. Oh,did I mention that they had to move me to a different room? Today was the first day the new unit was open, so naturally my bathroom flooded. I kinda felt sorry for the guy from engineering -he works for the hospital and was not involved with the renovation - who had to deal with two really PO'd nurses. I don't think it helped that he showed up with a plunger and no other tools.

Sounds like the recovery program is in full swing for you. That all bodes well for a rapid recovery. :bowdown::bowdown::firstplace::firstplace:

PW2013STL
10-12-2017, 04:15 AM
Congrats on your operation and hoping your recovery is fast and with low pain!!
:cheers: To many many years of pain free walking :2thumbs:

wyliec
10-12-2017, 07:11 AM

Sounds like you're doing great, and are ready for stairs.:thumbup:

LateLifeCrisis
10-12-2017, 07:50 PM
Got into my room around 11am. They have had me up twice to walk, will have some PT later this evening. Very little pain. I will most likely get to go home tomorrow. I am REALLY looking forward to walking pain free. Thank you all for your good energy and wishes. It really does help.
Dwight

Glad to hear you're up and doin' great! And you're right - - prayers and positive energy really does work. Hip replacement gave me my life back! :dg1:

ThreeWheels
10-12-2017, 10:07 PM
Geez Dwight. I didn't know.
Glad you're OK and on the other side of the surgery.
I look forward to hiking Ausable Chasm with you and Val again next year.

oldguyinTX
10-13-2017, 03:39 PM
Geez Dwight. I didn't know.
Glad you're OK and on the other side of the surgery.
I look forward to hiking Ausable Chasm with you and Val again next year.

Steve, I ain't dead yet. Only spent one night (Wednesday) in the hospital, was discharged yesterday afternoon, had my first at home PT session today. 2 weeks at home PT 3 times a week, & then 6 weeks outpatient PT 3 times a week. I'm going to have my left rotator cuff fixed in January, and the I will be DONE and ready to ride again!!:yes::yes:

DGoebel
10-13-2017, 03:45 PM
Dwight, now after the 'cuff correction, you'll be darn near Bionic OldGuyinCT! Heal well and prosper.