PDA

View Full Version : jt's intake

jtpollock
10-10-2017, 06:38 PM
Well its been a while after the gator attack My RS has been in the shop. The shop just called to tell me the RS was ready but they found minor cracks around the throttle body boots they were replaced around 20,000 miles back. The shop is trying to tell me its because of the intake. Has anyone had any problems with this setup I currently have 75,000 miles on my RS. I don't think there can be anyway the lightweight intake could cause any additional ware to the boots. Any input would be much appreciated. There is so much knowledge out there :dontknow: :chat: jtpollock

The boots were replaced 2/2016.

jtpollock
10-10-2017, 09:09 PM
Chupaca... have you had any problems ? no one seems to have the same problem!:dontknow: jtpollock

Chupaca
10-10-2017, 09:16 PM
I have that set-up and have had no problem. I don't see it as without the airbox air flow in the engine compartment is better. You have better air flow to the throttle body and less heat. There must be some other cause. I have close to 40,000 miles with that filter system...:thumbup:

jtpollock
10-10-2017, 09:31 PM
I have that set-up and have had no problem. I don't see it as without the airbox air flow in the engine compartment is better. You have better air flow to the throttle body and less heat. There must be some other cause. I have close to 40,000 miles with that filter system...:thumbup:

Gene, thanks I think its just old part there it no other reason. It lighter better air flow lower heat what else is there?:dontknow: jtpollock

Chupaca
10-10-2017, 11:43 PM
Gene, thanks I think its just old part there it no other reason. It lighter better air flow lower heat what else is there?:dontknow: jtpollock

Part may have been poorly stored, rubber dried out some. Now is it bad or just signs of cracking..? Black silicone sealer will give it some extra life...:thumbup:

cmbspyderrss
10-11-2017, 10:16 AM
Wait? What? Something that was 4x as heavy on top would be better for the boots then something lighter? Ummm I don't think so unless I no capich.

jtpollock
10-20-2017, 01:22 PM
Wait? What? Something that was 4x as heavy on top would be better for the boots then something lighter? Ummm I don't think so unless I no capich.

Ya I feel the same way. I think the dealer is just trying to cover there backside and saying the aftermarket parts it to blame. Sorry it took so to respond retired two weeks ago and have not had a chance to get back to the web:dontknow: jtpollock