PDA

View Full Version : REQUEST ON C.H.A.D REVIEW

tatt2r
05-14-2009, 12:49 PM
took dee's spyder out last night with new chad shield and i must say it performed well .... cut wind by about 75% but it is set all the way down and tilted slightly back (she likes it that way) no head bobbling like i got with other shields, didnt cause spyder to shake at high speed, really the only difference is what it was designed for to deflect wind and it does that no problem ... so if that is what you are going for then give magicman a call and get one of these ... they work great and dont look bad with the lines of the spyder.. and we all know how i feel about windshields.... long trip i might even consider one on mine ...but that is something i would have to really think about .... :D

ataDude
05-14-2009, 12:50 PM
.... long trip i might even consider one on mine ...but that is something i would have to really think about .... :D

The sky is falling. The sky is falling!

Director
05-14-2009, 12:56 PM
The sky is falling. The sky is falling!

I sense a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced...:yikes:

tatt2r
05-14-2009, 12:57 PM
i said i might.....not that i'm going to ....:shemademe_smilie:

Smylinacha
05-14-2009, 02:48 PM
It looks good with the :spyder2: because it sort of hides those ugly mirrors.

Roaddog2
05-14-2009, 02:50 PM
It looks good with the :spyder2: because it sort of hides those ugly mirrors.
But it is still a Toenail :roflblack:

WackyDan
05-14-2009, 03:48 PM
I ordered my CHAD over the phone with MagicMan just the other day. He took the time to talk plenty about the shield and answered some of my other questions about their other products which was most helpful.

More impressive, and important to me... Is that he did not have the one I wanted in stock, and told me he was expecting them any day. When the phone rang today, I was not expecting it to be him, advising me that they came in and they would be shipping it out. It also looks like he didn't charge me ahead of the shipping of the product as many others do. I just expected it to show up sometime next week. The call was a professional, and nice touch. I don't ever regret giving someone who runs their business this way my $$$. :)

Can't wait to get mine on Monday and install it/ride with it.

bone crusher
05-14-2009, 04:06 PM
I ordered my CHAD over the phone with MagicMan just the other day. He took the time to talk plenty about the shield and answered some of my other questions about their other products which was most helpful.

More impressive, and important to me... Is that he did not have the one I wanted in stock, and told me he was expecting them any day. When the phone rang today, I was not expecting it to be him, advising me that they came in and they would be shipping it out. It also looks like he didn't charge me ahead of the shipping of the product as many others do. I just expected it to show up sometime next week. The call was a professional, and nice touch. I don't ever regret giving someone who runs their business this way my $$$. :)

:thumbup:

Firefly
05-14-2009, 04:36 PM
The more I ride with CHAD - the more I LOVE CHAD.

That's right - I LOVE CHAD. I used to love LAMP, now I love CHAD.:D

Seriously, this has changed my riding about as much as any other mod. I can ride with my shield open and get nice air. It's really sharp looking (now that I cut the toenail corners off!).

I've used various other shields - and the CHAD gets a 10 !!!!

Closest thing to it was the CalSci XL with Laminar Lip - which I'll be selling.

The other ones I've tried (F1,GIVI, BRP) don't come close to the protection you get from the CHAD.

:2thumbs:

SpyderByter
05-14-2009, 05:27 PM
I wonder if Industries 7 will start changing the shape since everyone seems to want to cut the corners off. I imagine it would require some setup costs, but that may pay off with more orders from those who would not order because of the square look.

Myself, I would be nervous about cutting it, but don't like the square shape.

Smylinacha
05-14-2009, 06:56 PM
But it is still a Toenail :roflblack:

I think, especially the black and clear one doesn't look like a toenail and even if it did - I'd rather have a toenail then look at those Fugly mirrors! They are just too queer for me.

Roaddog2
05-14-2009, 06:58 PM
I think, especially the black and clear one doesn't look like a toenail and even if it did - I'd rather have a toenail then look at those Fugly mirrors! They are just too queer for me.
Butt how would you fix your makeup with out those Fugly Mirrors :yikes:

GA-SPYDER
05-14-2009, 07:48 PM
I sense a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced...:yikes:
:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: Use the Force, Luke.:ohyea:

jeuchler
05-14-2009, 08:06 PM
i said i might.....not that i'm going to ....:shemademe_smilie:

Famous Last Words, in order of irony:

1. "There are 2,500 Premiere Edition Spyders." (BRP, 2007)

2. "This is my last Spyder mod." (Lamont, 2007, 2008, 2009...)

3. "I am 99% done with my mods." (Lamont--see #2 above.)

4. "I'm not going to get a CHAD, it looks like a big toenail." (tatt2r, 2008-2009)

5. "You can use the new synthetic blend oil." (BRP rep, on my answering machine, 5/12/2009) nojoke

Trickie Dick
05-14-2009, 09:14 PM
I have one of Marcel's sliders that he made up for me and it is still too short. I still get alot of wind noise and buffeting with it all the way up. Does anyone 6'6" or taller have any experience with the chad? I hate to make a mistake again.
Dick

SpyderDeb
05-14-2009, 10:35 PM

:2thumbs: Ditto! CHAD will be here next week! THANKS EVAN AND PATTI!!! YOU ARE THE BESTEST!!!!!:D

Firefly
05-14-2009, 10:45 PM
I have one of Marcel's sliders that he made up for me and it is still too short. I still get alot of wind noise and buffeting with it all the way up. Does anyone 6'6" or taller have any experience with the chad? I hate to make a mistake again.
Dick

Let me know if you want to meet up sometime--- you can take my Spyder W. CHAD for a spin. Are you going to the 'Chicago' Spyder thing next wednesday? It's really NOT in Chicago---- it's in Indiana---.

I'm going to it--- there is some info at the BRP Spyder site--- it's the one where everyone is riding to a Quaker Steak to eat.

Diggittt
05-14-2009, 10:49 PM
Here are some you tube links for the C.H.A.D.

YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.

Diggittt

Trickie Dick
05-15-2009, 09:59 PM
Let me know if you want to meet up sometime--- you can take my Spyder W. CHAD for a spin. Are you going to the 'Chicago' Spyder thing next wednesday? It's really NOT in Chicago---- it's in Indiana---.

I'm going to it--- there is some info at the BRP Spyder site--- it's the one where everyone is riding to a Quaker Steak to eat.

I would like to meet you sometime and take a look at your CHAD. Where are you located?
I did see the Chicago meet:chat: in northern Indiana. Didn't pay much attention. You say it's Wednesday. As I recall you were supposed to register-which I didn't. Where exactly is it?

How tall are you?
Dick

Arachnid
05-16-2009, 02:06 PM
Is it posable to adjust the CHAD when you are moving?
I can't really see the controls from the video.

Mike

DynamoBT
05-16-2009, 03:26 PM
No. The two nuts on each side of each point of adjustment have to be pretty tight to keep the windshield from shifting when you're underway. I need two hands to loosen them.

mike3069
05-16-2009, 10:07 PM
No. The two nuts on each side of each point of adjustment have to be pretty tight to keep the windshield from shifting when you're underway. I need two hands to loosen them.
:agree:

Firefly
05-16-2009, 10:28 PM
You don't adjust the CHAD while in motion - even if it was a more simple adjustment it wouldnt be safe.

As far as the BRP Chicago deal-- the info is here:

http://spyder.brp.com/en-US/Share/Community/Team-Blog/Blog-Entry.html?EntryID=81022d81-2a3b-4f5d-a4cf-3e85208b04f8

I'll be going this comming Wednesday. If you can make it you can check out the CHAD on my bike - take it for a spin. I'm 5;8" with the NMN risers - so I sit really straight up.

If you can't make that - we can meet 1/2 way sometime - I'm in southern Michigan - about 45 minutes to the Indiana border.

Firefly
05-16-2009, 10:36 PM
One thing I would recommend - and realize I have no connection or anything to gain by promoting the CHAD--- but if you're thinking of getting one - I would do it soon. PM me if you want more info.

jeuchler
05-17-2009, 08:36 AM
Aw, come on, do tell..........:doorag:

I know what it is: The new version of the CHAD will be even squarer!

(More square?)