PDA

View Full Version : Brake light wires?

SpyderSkeets
10-09-2017, 08:30 PM
Hi folks!
So I'm trying to add a brake light on my F3-T. The wires AFTER the harness into the tail light assembly are Black, Brown, Yellow, Orange and White. Yellow (and spliced black) go to the turn signal. Could someone please tell me what the red wire on my brake light assembly goes to? Unfortunately, I do not have a tester.
Thanks!!
SS

No 2817
10-10-2017, 05:10 AM
Hi folks!
So I'm trying to add a brake light on my F3-T. The wires AFTER the harness into the tail light assembly are Black, Brown, Yellow, Orange and White. Yellow (and spliced black) go to the turn signal. Could someone please tell me what the red wire on my brake light assembly goes to? Unfortunately, I do not have a tester.
Thanks!!
SS

The F3-T has a trailer hitch module, the plug before the module has two RED wires. One is thinner of the two. The smaller red wire is for your brake light. Worked great for my third brake light.

Chris

SpyderSkeets
10-10-2017, 11:24 AM
The F3-T has a trailer hitch module, the plug before the module has two RED wires. One is thinner of the two. The smaller red wire is for your brake light. Worked great for my third brake light.

Chris

Thanks, but how do I access the trailer hitch module? I looked under the seat and did not see a 3/1 trailer plug, or any module that has two red wires.

Thanks again!

No 2817
10-10-2017, 11:37 AM
Thanks, but how do I access the trailer hitch module? I looked under the seat and did not see a 3/1 trailer plug, or any module that has two red wires.

Thanks again!

It does not look like a 4 pin trailer plug. It is the 'Plug' that would go in to the trailer module. It is under the seats. Mine is under the Passenger seat. I had the Trailer module added at the dealer when I first bought my F3-T. I would assume all F3-T's have the Plug for the Trailer Module. Thus the 'T' designation.

Chris

Poseidon
10-10-2017, 11:43 AM
It does not look like a 4 pin trailer plug. It is the 'Plug' that would go in to the trailer module. It is under the seats. Mine is under the Passenger seat. I had the Trailer module added at the dealer when I first bought my F3-T. I would assume all F3-T's have the Plug for the Trailer Module. Thus the 'T' designation.

Chris

"T" is for Touring, not trailer.

No 2817
10-11-2017, 04:34 AM
"T" is for Touring, not trailer.

Yes, Touring with a trailer. Man I love this Forum. Very helpful and constructive for the man's problem.