PDA

View Full Version : Best U-Fit handlbars?

Spider-man
10-09-2017, 10:10 AM
I have a 2017 F3T, with the footpegs at position 4. It works great, but I would like to lean back a little more on my backrest. I can't now because my arms won't reach the handlebars. I have to sit forward more than I would like to. I can't tell from BRP's website which handlebars would get me more reach, so I could lay back more. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks

Bruisr
10-09-2017, 10:57 AM
It’s called the short reach handle bars. I test fitted these handle bars on Ann’s F3T and it was perfect for me. Dealer quoted $150 installed. I also have a F3T with U Fit in position 3

Spider-man
10-09-2017, 11:28 AM
It’s called the short reach handle bars. I test fitted these handle bars on Ann’s F3T and it was perfect for me. Dealer quoted $150 installed. I also have a F3T with U Fit in position 3

So just for clarity, does the short reach bar pull the grips closer to the front of the bike, or closer to the rear of the bike?

Thanks

Bruisr
10-09-2017, 11:44 AM
Closer to the rear. Fitting test for me was to sit on the trike with feet on the foot rest. Place your hands on top of your knees and raise them to the level of your existing handle bars. The short reach will be in this position as with my current bars is much more forward... 12 inches I’m guessing since I’m in an office waiting room and not at home where the trike is👎

Spider-man
10-09-2017, 12:05 PM
Closer to the rear. Fitting test for me was to sit on the trike with feet on the foot rest. Place your hands on top of your knees and raise them to the level of your existing handle bars. The short reach will be in this position as with my current bars is much more forward... 12 inches I’m guessing since I’m in an office waiting room and not at home where the trike is👎

Awesome, thank you!

robhowen
10-09-2017, 12:13 PM
Looks like others have clarified which bars will best fit your needs. I encourage you to go to your dealer for a test fit as they should have them in stock for when they sell an F3 and then tailor it to the rider. They can simulate placement on the bike so you know for sure that it is going to work for you. We have a 2015 F3S and replacement was a piece of cake; literally only minutes.

The best,
Rob