PDA

View Full Version : Coolant tank replacement

PR Spyder rt
10-08-2017, 10:33 AM
Looking for advise on easiest way or maybe the only way to replace the coolant resevoir on a 2012 spyder Rt mine is leaking somewhere in the middle of the tank and I woild like to replace it myself thanks in advance for any advise

JerryB
10-08-2017, 02:49 PM
Hi PR Spyder rt,

Re: Looking for advise on easiest way or maybe the only way to replace the coolant resevoir on a 2012 spyder Rt

I had mine replaced last year by a local independent mechanic on my '08 GS.

Just recently I had almost all of my Tupperware off; once you get the plastic off of the Spyder, it does look fairly straightforward of a job to replace. You just should be handy with tools, seeing how to do it, etc.

One difficulty my mechanic had was removing the Oetiker clamps; they can be a real b****. Be careful & try to not damage the hoses that come into/out of the tank.

And I would suggest getting new screw drive type of clamps when installing the new bottle. These are sometimes known as water pump clamps.

Hey, you asked for advice, :thumbup:

Jerry Baumchen

PR Spyder rt
10-08-2017, 03:04 PM
Thanks a bunch just waiting on the part to come in hopefully its a breeze all ready bought clamps

Pandy
10-08-2017, 04:35 PM
Upon removing most of the RH side tupperware,replacement was straightforward. Mine is an 11 and leaked at the seam right in the middle,in fact under pressure,it leaked right in my face.As was mentioned,careful with the hoses.
Patrick

PR Spyder rt
10-08-2017, 11:19 PM
Thankyou sir will try it out and ill try to remember about the hoses hopefully it'll work out