PDA

View Full Version : touring brp seat yet anyone?

hondaman
05-13-2009, 05:57 PM
I want the new touring brp seat.I called my dealer and they didnt know anything.Took them a while to even find it.They have no idea.I have heard sometime in may I could get it.
I like the russell and corbin but the cash flow does not :-(

hawkiii
05-13-2009, 06:08 PM
I ordered the touring seat and the passenger footpeg extensions on Monday. I called to check on them today and my parts guy took the day off. I'll try to get a delivery date out of them tomorrow. Just don't know that there is one yet. Probably back ordered but he was hoping maybe the first week of June when I talked to him Monday.

bone crusher
05-13-2009, 06:26 PM
I ordered the touring seat and the passenger footpeg extensions on Monday. I called to check on them today and my parts guy took the day off. I'll try to get a delivery date out of them tomorrow. Just don't know that there is one yet. Probably back ordered but he was hoping maybe the first week of June when I talked to him Monday.

Your seat is in the same place my windshield is...in BRP limbo...

I've never seen a company do so poorly with getting products to market...you have lots of people waiting to get their stuff and they can't tell even their dealers when they're going to get it to them...

:gaah:

NancysToy
05-13-2009, 07:05 PM
We ordered a seat and bags last week. The BRP system shows "backordered", with no projected delivery date. Ony the GIVI bag color panels were currently in stock. From the way the other accessories have gone, it will be a few months yet. Of course there is a tiny chance that BR learned something from the Hindle episode, and will be quicker this time. I, for one, will not hold my breath.
-Scotty http://www.pmdawnonline.com/forum/images/smilies/velo.gif

tatt2r
05-13-2009, 07:14 PM
was told end of june

Trickie Dick
05-13-2009, 09:54 PM
It's amazing to me that alot of these dealers don't even know about these new products much less when they will be in stock. :yikes:

NancysToy
05-13-2009, 10:00 PM
It's amazing to me that alot of these dealers don't even know about these new products much less when they will be in stock. :yikes:
They are in the newest dealer accessory catalog. They are also listed on the BRP SpyderRyders site, for the most part. For the availability, the dealer must look them up by part number in the BRP system. Most do not show a date when they will be available yet...just "backordered". From past experiences, that means it will be more than a month until they ship. They usually show an estimae of when they will begin to be delivered a month or two before the parts start to ship. At least that's the way it was with the Hindle, sport rack, and backrest.
-Scotty http://www.pmdawnonline.com/forum/images/smilies/velo.gif

VIspyderman
05-13-2009, 10:09 PM
Dealership parts depts only just got the "spring" order form. This means that the sooner they request the new items, the sooner they'll be shipped. I just got the console protector, while the windshields and seats won't be arriving until June... maybe!!!

I want the new touring brp seat.I called my dealer and they didnt know anything.Took them a while to even find it.They have no idea.I have heard sometime in may I could get it.

bone crusher
05-14-2009, 01:23 AM
Dealership parts depts only just got the "spring" order form. This means that the sooner they request the new items, the sooner they'll be shipped. I just got the console protector, while the windshields and seats won't be arriving until June... maybe!!!

You must get them in Canada first...cheaters! :joke:

Roaddog2
05-14-2009, 05:51 AM
I ordered over a month ago but was told end of May early June.:popcorn:

trldncr
05-14-2009, 06:44 AM
they just started getting the seats into stock in small numbers and should start shipping next week. I have one on order too, a gift for my parents 51st anniversary, I spoke with someone who had tried one and loved it.

draboo
05-14-2009, 06:52 AM
I ordered one from Robs Performance in Johnson Lake WI. Jackie seems to think the seats should be in by the end of this month. I mentioned the BRP rally in LA in June and she said positively that the seats,along with the rear peg extensions, would be in before then.

Of course, we've all heard that ol' "song and dance" before, havent we??:cus:

Capt John
05-14-2009, 07:06 AM
A BRP rep called me yesterday about the problems I'm having with my :spyder2:. I questioned him about the new seat and saddlebag kit. He told me maybe/possibly 1st week of June.

Firefly
05-14-2009, 08:25 AM
I ordered one from Robs Performance in Johnson Lake WI. Jackie seems to think the seats should be in by the end of this month. I mentioned the BRP rally in LA in June and she said positively that the seats,along with the rear peg extensions, would be in before then.

Ditto on Robs. They order plenty of stock to have on hand - whereas most dealers only order when you place an order.

I believe the seat is being called a 'comfort seat'. I personally wouldn't buy one until I sat on one - and remember they are mass produced - a catch-all for any weight.

I got the Corbin setup and love it. People who complained about sliding forward didn't give the seat enough time to break in.

Krupps Power
05-14-2009, 08:43 AM
Here are the current ETA's on the new accy's I have on order for our shop:

Ergo foot pegs - 5/27
Saddlebag kit - 5/26
23" Windshield - 6/18
25" Windshield - 6/11
Comfort Seat - 5/29

Keep in mind that ETA's, as we all know :gaah:, are estimated. I try to check my backorder list weekly for any updates, as we've had people looking for the windshields at least for some time now!

~Shane S.
Krupp's Power Sports

ptoemmes
05-14-2009, 09:55 AM
I believe it's referred to as the Estimated Estimated Time of Arrival - EETA

:pray:

Pete

ElkSpyder
05-14-2009, 01:38 PM

Jackie at Robs is great to work with. Rob's is my dealer and Jackie is going to call when the seat comes in. They have a few of the new billet items on the display wall waiting for anyone to buy. Just an FYI Rob's is located in Johnson Creek, WI.

OlGrumpy
05-14-2009, 01:58 PM
I am still working my way up to buying a Spyder, but I have to admit that y'all are not giving me the warm fuzzies about dealing with brp and the dealer network. Maybe I have been lucky, but, with the exception of one lemon BMW, I have ridden Hondas almost exclusively and have never had a problem with any of their bikes or dealers. I just want to ride--not fight with the manufacturer or dealers. :(

dltang
05-14-2009, 05:10 PM
I am still working my way up to buying a Spyder, but I have to admit that y'all are not giving me the warm fuzzies about dealing with brp and the dealer network. Maybe I have been lucky, but, with the exception of one lemon BMW, I have ridden Hondas almost exclusively and have never had a problem with any of their bikes or dealers. I just want to ride--not fight with the manufacturer or dealers. :(

OlGrumpy, don't let the info here scare you away. Check around with people that have purchased first as far as dealers go and that will help. Like any forum, the negative can get accentuated. You will love the spyder and the spyderlovers.

SpyderByter
05-14-2009, 05:15 PM
OlGrumpy, don't let the info here scare you away. Check around with people that have purchased first as far as dealers go and that will help. Like any forum, the negative can get accentuated. You will love the spyder and the spyderlovers.
:agree: My Spyder has been great so far with 4500 hard miles since last Nov.

The only problem I had so far was a squeaking shock, and the dealer took care of it under warantee and had it back to me 2 days earlier than promised. Your dealer is your link to BRP. There certainly are bad ones out there, just like for any other vehicle. Check your local dealer's reputations and find a good one.

hawkiii
05-19-2009, 02:05 PM
I talked to my parts guy today, my passenger footpeg extensions will be arriving 5-27 and the touring seat on 6-3. He has never failed me before so I trust his dates to be good. Can't wait to get these installed and get my wife out on a ride.

Firefly
05-19-2009, 02:33 PM

With any new model - especially one as unique as the Spyder - there are bound to be issues in the first 1-3 years of production. To expect no problems is unrealistic. Most don't post out here on a daily basis "Hey, my Spyder ran GREAT today and had no problems" because that is what we paid for and expect - so it stands to reason you'll hear more about problems than non-problems.

The number of people with problems is pretty minimal in the big picture. Other than a steering issue, mine has been just fine. I'm still keeping an eye on it.

I would buy again without hesitation.

srspyder
05-27-2009, 06:47 PM
Robbs is a local dealer for me as well. I called them today asking about the new seat and windshield availability. They kindly said 2-3 weeks. Grrrr go figure.

docdoru
05-27-2009, 07:14 PM
I talked to my parts guy today, my passenger footpeg extensions will be arriving 5-27 and the touring seat on 6-3. He has never failed me before so I trust his dates to be good. Can't wait to get these installed and get my wife out on a ride.

Today is 5.27: how are the footpeg extensions?

Motza
05-28-2009, 07:14 PM
was told end of june
2020 :yikes:

Motza
05-28-2009, 07:17 PM
I believe it's referred to as the Estimated Estimated Time of Arrival - EETA

:pray:

Pete
ETA= Extended Time Allowance :roflblack:

hawkiii
05-28-2009, 10:34 PM
Hey Doc, don't know yet. It's a 60 to 65 mile ride to go pick up seat and pegs so I am waiting for the seat to come in also before running down there to pick them up. I'll let you know soon.