PDA

View Full Version : ohio rt 555

quasi
10-05-2017, 04:58 PM
I hear Ohio rt 555 from Belpre to Zanesville is a really nice ride. any info on this?? tks

chaz7771931
10-05-2017, 05:14 PM
dont know but will ride it with you when/if you go just of off RT18

Snowbelt Spyder
10-05-2017, 06:07 PM
I hear Ohio rt 555 from Belpre to Zanesville is a really nice ride. any info on this?? tks

We rode that "Triple Nickel" southbound this summer. Very nice and twisty. You will definitely be in the middle of nowhere at times. It's one of the Ohio Windy 9...

http://athensohio.com/category/wheretoplay/ohios-windy-9/

Should be even better now that the colors are on the trees and the various road construction projects are finished up. If you're going to do that then you'll also want to ride the Rim Of The World route - Rt 78 - and take a detour over to see the Big Muskie Bucket. Athens is a great place to overnight. Recommend the Ohio University Inn and Conference Center if you need overnight stay. Commonly referred to as the OU Inn.

Charlottes Web
10-05-2017, 06:29 PM

Great road a lot of ups and downs and turns took it back home from Zanesville. Loved it

IGETAROUND
10-05-2017, 07:30 PM
This has got to be one of the best kept "secrets" in the country. The link that was previously posted on Athens, Ohio is very useful. My son and I rode three of the nine routes while there last month. Will definitely return. The only other road I've been on that comes close is Bear tooth pass in Montana. The Athens area of the country is a must travel for bucket list rides. :yes::yes::clap::clap::2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:: 2thumbs:

Navydad
10-05-2017, 08:49 PM
Very nice ride. Beware of farm equipment especially this time of year. Part of 555 was blessed with new chip and seal this summer so there may be areas of gravel in places. Not as much of an issue with the Spyder as it is with two wheels, but just a heads up. 676 from Marietta over to 555 is a great ride also and pretty much all new pavement. 669 from McConnelsville to Somerset is another great road that intersects 555. Most of the roads in that area are nice rides and in good shape to boot.

Headwrench
10-06-2017, 09:12 AM
Great rt to ride. I have not run it on my spyder yet but did it on a yamaha venture. Just be aware that after a hard rain storm alot of gravel ends up on the road from driveways. Most houses are up on hills. Maybe not much of an effect for the spyders as mentioned above ......just be aware. My .02