PDA

View Full Version : BEST Plus Warranty

irish2themax
05-13-2009, 04:30 PM
I got a call from my dealer today. We had been discussing the BEST Plus warranty extension. She informed me that you can get it anytime BUT...if you wait instead of getting it at the time of purchase, there is an extra surcharge. Not sure if everyone knows that. I got the 3-year package so now I'm covered for 5 years

opticat
05-13-2009, 04:34 PM
Good deal! I bought the BEST warranty when I purchased my Spyder, but still have not received a card or something with a phone number to call in case I need assistance. Been about two months now.

bone crusher
05-13-2009, 04:38 PM
I bought my BEST warranty about 2-3 months ago...just got the paperwork in about 2 weeks ago...give it time, it will arrive.

As far as the BEST Plus goes, I didn't see the value in paying for maintenance up front...would rather have the money in my pocket and pay as I go...better economics for a tough economic environment...

I will say that the BEST warranty is NECESSARY for these bikes...5 years, with roadside pickup, cannot be beat.

My dealership can get it to anyone for $925.00...if anyone is interested, lemme know...

Rando
05-13-2009, 04:45 PM
$899.00 for the SM or SE5! (MSRP - $1323.00)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350134400881&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:MOTORS:1123

Rando
05-13-2009, 05:11 PM
Does anyone have any experience with Interstate Extended warranty? www.inds.com (http://www.inds.com) Also referred to by my dealer as RPM One.

My dealership says I can get 4 years of extended warranty as good if not better than the B.E.S.T. extended warranty and he quoted me a price of $631.00!

jedd
05-13-2009, 05:19 PM
I've had dealings with BEST in the past and they are the best (excuse the pun) for Bombardier owners IMO.:thumbup:

bone crusher
05-13-2009, 06:25 PM
Does anyone have any experience with Interstate Extended warranty? www.inds.com (http://www.inds.com) Also referred to by my dealer as RPM One.

My dealership says I can get 4 years of extended warranty as good if not better than the B.E.S.T. extended warranty and he quoted me a price of $631.00!

Sometimes you get what you pay for...the BEST warranty is directly linked to BRP and is endorsed by it...you don't want to save a few bucks on the front end only to pay for it later! I'd only go BEST...

kentompkins
05-13-2009, 06:34 PM
You might want to read about my recent experience with BEST (I paid $1000 for it when I bought my Spyder just over a year ago) here:

http://www.spydertalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9989

kt

Star Cruiser
05-13-2009, 07:43 PM
I got a call from my dealer today. We had been discussing the BEST Plus warranty extension. She informed me that you can get it anytime BUT...if you wait instead of getting it at the time of purchase, there is an extra surcharge. Not sure if everyone knows that. I got the 3-year package so now I'm covered for 5 years

There was a promotion at the time of my purchase, that I did npt realize. It offered the BEST package with the purchase price of the bike. The salesman told me that I could add the BEST at any time up to the end of the warranty. I asked today becasue I had to use my warranty coverage (shifter was malfunctioning) and they told me I had BEST, not to worry. Flatbed came, picked up my Spyder all went very smoothly. I called the dealer to see about adding the BEST coverage for 5 years. Apparently I cannot extend it and it is not available anymore for 5 years. I am not sure if it is becasue I already have it or what? Next stop.....talk to the dealer again and find out the score. IF not I suppose I will give BRP a call. I agree, I would like to be covered for 5 years and NO MILAGE LIMIT is a definite bonus.

spyderleg
05-13-2009, 07:53 PM
I got Best at time of Spyder purchase last year. I will pay for itself on the 6000 mile service. :ohyea: I would recommend everyone to get this during your purchase. Covers labor, oil changes, services and inspections. :thumbup:

zzneonzz
05-13-2009, 08:13 PM
There was a promotion at the time of my purchase, that I did npt realize. It offered the BEST package with the purchase price of the bike. The salesman told me that I could add the BEST at any time up to the end of the warranty. I asked today becasue I had to use my warranty coverage (shifter was malfunctioning) and they told me I had BEST, not to worry. Flatbed came, picked up my Spyder all went very smoothly. I called the dealer to see about adding the BEST coverage for 5 years. Apparently I cannot extend it and it is not available anymore for 5 years. I am not sure if it is becasue I already have it or what? Next stop.....talk to the dealer again and find out the score. IF not I suppose I will give BRP a call. I agree, I would like to be covered for 5 years and NO MILAGE LIMIT is a definite bonus.

I know they were adding an extra year at one point to the factory waranty (was only a month long promo) but you would still be able to get the 2 year upgrade atleast possibly even a 3 year upgrade to make it 5 years of waranty. I would definately find out if you currently have a 3 year best waranty since you can buy it 1 year at a time as long as you are under factory or best waranty.

DannyS
05-13-2009, 08:16 PM
Bone Crusher
is that the best three year plan?

Star Cruiser
05-13-2009, 08:25 PM
Bone Crusher

As I understand it, it would be a one year plan (three years total). I was told that my "plan" will be expiring Sept 10. 2011

irish2themax
05-14-2009, 06:28 AM
I know they were adding an extra year at one point to the factory waranty (was only a month long promo) but you would still be able to get the 2 year upgrade atleast possibly even a 3 year upgrade to make it 5 years of waranty. I would definately find out if you currently have a 3 year best waranty since you can buy it 1 year at a time as long as you are under factory or best waranty.

If I knew I wanted the BEST warranty, why would I buy it 1 year at a time? I don't know for sure but I suspect the surcharge will be charged for the additional years since they weren't bought at the time of purchase. I got the 3 years.

bone crusher
05-14-2009, 08:10 AM
Bone Crusher

It adds three years to your existent 2 year factory warranty...it also adds roadside assistance...very nice to have in a time of crisis...I really feel as though it's a necessity...

The price will continue to go up...

bone crusher
05-14-2009, 08:11 AM
If I knew I wanted the BEST warranty, why would I buy it 1 year at a time? I don't know for sure but I suspect the surcharge will be charged for the additional years since they weren't bought at the time of purchase. I got the 3 years.

There is a base price and $75 for each year of BEST that you add...they've been raising the prices steadily...the latest prices, that I know of, are as of Feb. 1, 2009...

The price will continue to go up as there are more Spyders on the road and more potential problems...

fastfraser
05-14-2009, 08:15 AM
I bought mine at time of purchase 1,237.oo Canadian it added 3 years waranty to the 2 years it came with giving me a total 5 years on my 2009SM5. If i bought the warranty 30 days after purchase of the :spyder2:they would charge me an extra 25 bucks a year for an extra 75.00 in total. Having the SM5 and reading about some of the trouble the :spyder2:s are having I think it is a wise investment over 5 years.

bone crusher
05-14-2009, 08:23 AM
I bought mine at time of purchase 1,237.oo Canadian it added 3 years waranty to the 2 years it came with giving me a total 5 years on my 2009SM5. If i bought the warranty 30 days after purchase of the :spyder2:they would charge me an extra 25 bucks a year for an extra 75.00 in total. Having the SM5 and reading about some of the trouble the :spyder2:s are having I think it is a wise investment over 5 years.

Interesting as here in the states it's supposed to be $75.00 PER year of coverage...being you can get 1,2, or 3 years of warranty...sounds like it's better in Canada or perhaps your dealership misunderstood the $75.00 thing...you did pay 1237...what does that figure to in USD?

dltang
05-14-2009, 08:57 AM
BoneCrusher, we did not pay a $75 per year fee when we purchased our 3 year BestPlus coverage. We did have a choice to purchase, 1, 2 or 3 years and they each had different prices. We went with the 3 year and I believe it was just under $1300 no annual fees. Even though we haven't used the road side service, it is already paying for itself in some of the maintenance that we have had done. I am really glad I have it for both of our spyders.

Krupps Power
05-14-2009, 09:11 AM
Some facts about BEST warranty coverage.

- If you purchase your BEST coverage within 60 days of purchasing your unit, there is no surcharge. After that, there is at least a charge of $75 PER YEAR purchased. So if you buy 3 years you'll pay at least an extra $225!!!

- I read that BEST takes care of your 6000 mile service earlier.... if you purchase the BEST PLUS program it pays for all your maintenance servicing, but standard BEST coverage does not. I would recommend BEST PLUS to someone who is never going to do their own servicing.

- Be VERY careful about 'aftermarket' warranty programs, like interstate, star, etc. Most people are told that the warranty is good at ANY dealer. This is not the case. Many dealers, like us, will only accept the BRP warranty. My opinion, but if you're going to a Can-Am dealer for service, get the Can-Am (BRP) warranty.

I think the BEST warranty coverage is a MUST have, especially to protect your investment. To be properly "PC", I won't post my pricing on here, but I'll be glad to quote with a message or a phone call.

~Shane S.
Krupp's Power Sports

WackyDan
05-14-2009, 09:19 AM
Given the experience of one spyder owner above, I'd rather stay away from it. His experience may be the exception however.

I'm thinking that at some point in the next two years, there might be a new improved SPyder design, updated engine, etc, and I'll want to trade up anyway. :)

bone crusher
05-14-2009, 09:40 AM
Some facts about BEST warranty coverage.

- If you purchase your BEST coverage within 60 days of purchasing your unit, there is no surcharge. After that, there is at least a charge of $75 PER YEAR purchased. So if you buy 3 years you'll pay at least an extra $225!!!

- I read that BEST takes care of your 6000 mile service earlier.... if you purchase the BEST PLUS program it pays for all your maintenance servicing, but standard BEST coverage does not. I would recommend BEST PLUS to someone who is never going to do their own servicing.

- Be VERY careful about 'aftermarket' warranty programs, like interstate, star, etc. Most people are told that the warranty is good at ANY dealer. This is not the case. Many dealers, like us, will only accept the BRP warranty. My opinion, but if you're going to a Can-Am dealer for service, get the Can-Am (BRP) warranty.

I think the BEST warranty coverage is a MUST have, especially to protect your investment. To be properly "PC", I won't post my pricing on here, but I'll be glad to quote with a message or a phone call.

~Shane S.
Krupp's Power Sports

Thanks for the info...I should've bought when I got the bike, but at the time, there wasn't a big price difference...what a mistake that turned out to be. I ended up paying $925 at my dealership (could've spent about $600 if I had purchased when I got the bike)...I see some can get it here a bit cheaper, but no biggie on that...they provide good service for me...

I see dltang got the PLUS for only $1300...that almost sounds wrong! If I could've gotten that price, I would've gotten it too...now it's much, much more, and isn't worth fronting all the money...I'll pay for service as I go...I will only put on a few thousand miles a year, so I'm not too worried about service fees...

irish2themax
05-15-2009, 02:28 PM
Just picked up my Spyder and discovered that, while I THOUGHT I had purchased the BEST Plus, I only got the BEST. Dealer doesn't sell the Plus version. Anyone know if I can get it modified from another dealer?