PDA

View Full Version : After market mufflers for the RT 1330

Mazo EMS2
10-03-2017, 07:13 PM
So the Missus and I wanted a little extra "growl/rumble" from our RTS 1330. We tried Lamont's Cat Delete pipe and found that the fumes left behind from it weren't worth the little change in tone that it created. So, I pulled the cat delete pipe and sold it, and put the Catalytic converter back on, along with the stock muffler. Has anyone found an after market muffler for the RT 1330 that gives the bike that little extra growl, and still been able to keep the cat. conv. in place?

redneck diva
10-03-2017, 08:15 PM
we had a tailgunner exhaust on our old spyder,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7KOmzXCh7g

they are simple enough that you can change back to stock muffler in 30 min for long rides where the growl starts growing on you.

Chupaca
10-03-2017, 11:06 PM
There are quite a few out there but the thing is the three cylinders just don't sound like a twin or the four's...:banghead: I have found the Yoshimura R77 sounds fairly nice. I have it on my twin and they make a good pipe. :thumbup: I think they have it for both with and without the cat....

scooterexpress
10-04-2017, 06:19 AM
So the Missus and I wanted a little extra "growl/rumble" from our RTS 1330. We tried Lamont's Cat Delete pipe and found that the fumes left behind from it weren't worth the little change in tone that it created. So, I pulled the cat delete pipe and sold it, and put the Catalytic converter back on, along with the stock muffler. Has anyone found an after market muffler for the RT 1330 that gives the bike that little extra growl, and still been able to keep the cat. conv. in place?

go to spydermanexhaust.com he makes custom exhaust for all spyders. and there are very reasonable priced also

keefer
10-04-2017, 10:31 AM
I have an Akropovic silencer I took off my 2014 RTS getting it ready to trade in. Good deep sound and no droning at highway speeds. I would take $500 shipped. They retail for around $1000.