PDA

View Full Version : An eye opener

Cavman
10-03-2017, 06:36 PM
https://m.wimp.com/farmers-market-lies-exposed-hidden-camera-investigation/

Chupaca
10-03-2017, 07:29 PM
Known this for years but there are good ones mixed in. You have to dig and find them....:thumbup:

oldguyinTX
10-03-2017, 10:35 PM
Westport, CT, the town bordering ours, actually has one working 25 acre farm, the last one left in an area that once had many working farms. They set up a few tables in the front yard on Friday and Saturday mornings from June through October. I have been going there for years, and I know that I am getting only what is grown on that farm, and that it is all totally pesticide free. And the free range fresh eggs are great too. They sell the eggs year round, as chickens lay eggs year round. They put them out in a cooler with a coffee can for the money, and you pay for them on the honor system. Local folks bring them empty egg cartons and leave them in bags next to the cooler. I buy basil plants (usually purple) early in the growing season, and plant them here at home so I have fresh basil whenever I want it. A number of years ago, when my daughter was much younger, she took it upon herself to make up flyers advocating buying from this farm, and I drove her around three different towns so that she could put them up on community bulletin boards, at libraries, etc. Gotta love real ​local.