PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas

Gator37
10-02-2017, 12:43 PM
Prayers for the families and friends of the dead and wounded in that terrible tragedy in Las Vegas. Hopefully all our friends from Vegas are safe.

OKey
10-02-2017, 12:52 PM
Prayers for the families and friends of the dead and wounded in that terrible tragedy in Las Vegas. Hopefully all our friends from Vegas are safe.

Hey...my daughter backed out of that concert at the last moment due to her friend having a business conflict....another reason for us all to ride free and stress less while we can...
Peace!

cptjam
10-02-2017, 01:15 PM
We are safe and sound. Friday, we saw a concert and parked right next to that venue! We dodged that bullet by 2 days! Hard to stop crazy. our prayers go out to our community.

SPYD3R
10-02-2017, 01:24 PM
SO SAD......
:pray:

UtahPete
10-02-2017, 01:29 PM
We are safe and sound. Friday, we saw a concert and parked right next to that venue! We dodged that bullet by 2 days! Hard to stop crazy. our prayers go out to our community.

So glad you're okay.

Saluda
10-02-2017, 01:46 PM
What the hell was he using ? No one is really saying, to have that many wounded and killed. This world gets sicker and sicker. Thoughts and prayers for all of the victims. When is this crap going to end ??

UtahPete
10-02-2017, 02:02 PM
What the hell was he using ? No one is really saying, to have that many wounded and killed. This world gets sicker and sicker. Thoughts and prayers for all of the victims. When is this crap going to end ??

At least one of the 19 weapons found in his room is reported to be a fully automatic rifle.

Chupaca
10-02-2017, 02:12 PM
:pray::pray:'s to the family and friends of those who lost thier lives and more for those in danger and recovering...

Saluda
10-02-2017, 02:17 PM
At least one of the 19 weapons found in his room is reported to be a fully automatic rifle.

How did he get a hold of that ?
So sorry for all the victims and their families.

Lew L
10-02-2017, 02:17 PM
The radio played recordings of this terrible shooting. That full auto weapon you hear is an AK-47. It has a distinctive sound. Easily modified from semi to full auto. In the military I modified many an M-14 to full auto. It's a bit much to keep on target( as most are).

The police found his room so quickly as the smoke alarm was going off. He committed suicide. Too bad he just couldn't have gone out in the desert and killed himself and not committed this tragedy.

So Sad for all the casualties and wounded.

Kaos

ARtraveler
10-02-2017, 02:21 PM
Thoughts and :pray::pray::pray: for all the victims. They are calling this the worst shooting incident in our history.

d.o.spyder-rts
10-02-2017, 02:31 PM
:agree: thoughts and :pray: to all of the victims and their families. Dale

Spiceman64
10-02-2017, 05:00 PM
My wife and I are OK. I'm actually in Orlando this week, but she's home safe. Thanks to all for your kind thoughts.

SteveP
10-02-2017, 06:20 PM
A friend of mine from Ontario was there , people got shot all around them . Her boyfriend threw her over a fence just as more were getting hit near them . She is only injured ( bruised ) from going over the fence and he is unhurt ... they are flying back to Toronto as I type this . Tough to cope with I bet even without getting shot . For those who lost people must be awful obviously

fjray
10-02-2017, 07:14 PM
My daughter was there and the girl next to her was one of the deaths. She is so terrorized I couldn't understand her on the phone other than to find out she was unhurt. It's going to take serious help for those involved to come to grips with the trauma.
Prayers to all those affected. :pray::pray::pray:

Gator37
10-02-2017, 07:48 PM

Sounds like an AK-47.

SpyderAnn01
10-03-2017, 12:08 AM
My daughter was there and the girl next to her was one of the deaths. She is so terrorized I couldn't understand her on the phone other than to find out she was unhurt. It's going to take serious help for those involved to come to grips with the trauma.
Prayers to all those affected. :pray::pray::pray:

Thats so awful that she went through that. I'm glad she was unhurt.

Peteoz
10-03-2017, 02:46 AM
This is the same sort of horrific event that was the catalyst for Australia’s gun buyback in the 90s. The jury is still out as to whether that buyback really had any impact on possible crime, or whether it simply got old family guns off the street. That debate however, is for another time.

The Aussie shooter, Martin Bryant, who killed 35 people, was just a nutcase with no affiliations to anyone, who got his hands on a couple of semi automatic weapons. Sounds like this guy is exactly the same kind of nutcase.:shocked:

Deepest sympathies to our American “mates”.

Pete

UtahPete
10-03-2017, 06:49 PM
My daughter was there and the girl next to her was one of the deaths. She is so terrorized I couldn't understand her on the phone other than to find out she was unhurt. It's going to take serious help for those involved to come to grips with the trauma. Prayers to all those affected. :pray::pray::pray:

Glad to hear she wasn't injured physically. The emotional trauma is very real though and I hope she gets some help with that. Just know there is no easy quick fix for emotional trauma of that magnitude; encourage her to get and stay with therapy. It's not cheap and not always covered by insurance, but shouldn't be avoided. I don't mean to sound preachy, but it's not something to ignore or minimize, for her sake and the sake of her loved ones.

fjray
10-03-2017, 06:58 PM
Glad to hear she wasn't injured physically. The emotional trauma is very real though and I hope she gets some help with that. Just know there is no easy quick fix for emotional trauma of that magnitude; encourage her to get and stay with therapy. It's not cheap and not always covered by insurance, but shouldn't be avoided. I don't mean to sound preachy, but it's not something to ignore or minimize, for her sake and the sake of her loved ones.

When my wife got run down by a truck on her motorcycle we went through EMDR therapy and it really helped. I have encouraged my daughter to seek out the same kind of help.