PDA

View Full Version : Heated gear connection on F3T

Buckskin
10-01-2017, 10:58 PM
Next to the key on the left there is a hole with a plug in there now. I have seen some kind of covered connector that will fit right in that hole. Where can I find this plug? What are others using?
Buckskin

Copperman
10-02-2017, 04:52 AM
Next to the key on the left there is a hole with a plug in there now. I have seen some kind of covered connector that will fit right in that hole. Where can I find this plug? What are others using?
Buckskin

I have my heated gear connector run up through my handlebars. I then use a 24" extension to attach it to my gear. I'll post a few pics later.

Copperman
10-03-2017, 03:33 PM
Buckskin

I posted pictures of my power for my heated gear. Hope it gives you some ideas.

I was at Spyder Rendezvous last year and saw a red F3L with that same set-up. As soon as I got home, I changed mine from under the seat. This set-up is far better.

tates
10-03-2017, 10:07 PM
I been looking at your idea to get your 12 V source for heated clothing. Another choice would be to attach this cable to a mounting port on through a panel. Example would be at (https://www.thewarmingstore.com/gerbings-mounted-port-kit.html)
My thought is the flexing a power cord could develop an open or a short in the 12V supply. Your cable would be flexing year around even when not in use. I plan to use this on my F3L in the next few weeks.

Tom Westendorf

Buckskin
10-05-2017, 04:05 PM
Tom, been to the warming store and already ordered that port mount. I'm going to try to see if it will fit in that hole that is now for the heated grips, if not, will find a flat panel area and mount it there.
Buckskin
Will post some pictures when I get it done.

I been looking at your idea to get your 12 V source for heated clothing. Another choice would be to attach this cable to a mounting port on through a panel. Example would be at (https://www.thewarmingstore.com/gerbings-mounted-port-kit.html)
My thought is the flexing a power cord could develop an open or a short in the 12V supply. Your cable would be flexing year around even when not in use. I plan to use this on my F3L in the next few weeks.

Tom Westendorf