PDA

View Full Version : Food for Thought

BoilerAnimal
10-01-2017, 06:04 PM
Tap the picture to move on to the next. Very intriguing.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1IDN6GC5umKRIYBkHazM5yOxP15iC2w8FhS9we7zD-j0/embed?hl=en&size=m&slide=id.p4

This puts our place in the world into a clearer perspective. There's nothing objectionable, offensive, off color or distasteful about it. Just thought provoking statistics.

loisk
10-01-2017, 06:29 PM
Seems a common thing for a link to be posted, with no clue given as to the subject matter.

Sometimes i I have a look at following comments and sometimes deduce the topic ...

Why can't posters of such links do readers the minimum courtesy of naming the topic? Sorry boiler animal, you just happened to be the poster who scored this thought ... Nothing about the link itself, whatever it is..

Peter Aawen
10-01-2017, 06:37 PM
But still.... that little presentation really puts some things into perspective, doesn't it?!? And if we are here reading it &/or looking at it, aren't we lucky on sooo many levels! :thumbup:

Thanks for posting it BoilerAnimal.....

BoilerAnimal
10-01-2017, 06:41 PM
Seems a common thing for a link to be posted, with no clue given as to the subject matter.

Sometimes i I have a look at following comments and sometimes deduce the topic ...

Why can't posters of such links do readers the minimum courtesy of naming the topic? Sorry boiler animal, you just happened to be the poster who scored this thought ... Nothing about the link itself, whatever it is..

Very fair comment and I've had the same feeling myself on more than one occasion. Sorry to say, I fell into the same habit!

wyliec
10-01-2017, 07:08 PM
BoilerAnimal,

Very interesting. I'd have to say that slide 12, the 2nd sentence, applies to many of the members here.

JerryB
10-01-2017, 07:32 PM
Hi Lois,

Re: naming the topic

I agree. I rarely open a link that is just a link; sometimes but not always.

This one is some/a lot of statistics about where we are all in this world of ours.

I have seen it before; it is safe to open, I hope. :yikes:

Jerry Baumchen

loisk
10-01-2017, 08:07 PM
Thanks guys

I am not worried whether a link is safe to open - just whether it's of potential interest... Topic info does help...

DGoebel
10-01-2017, 08:22 PM
BoilerAnimal, When I read the Thread subject I thought is was gonna be a link to some crazy new food item, like bacon wrapped cheeseburger onion rings, or bacon taco shells or something.
But it was a link to a slideshow I've seen before with statistics about just how GOOD all of us that post and read here really have it in the world.
On our worst day, we're still more blessed than most of the rest of the world. We're all one percenters since we're (mostly) literate and using computers to post and or read this forum.

Thank-you for the reminder.

BoilerAnimal
10-01-2017, 08:58 PM
BoilerAnimal,

Very interesting. I'd have to say that slide 12, the 2nd sentence, applies to many of the members here.

Unfortunately, not just here. I tend to be a glass half full type of guy, but sometimes, there are those who make it difficult.