PDA

View Full Version : NFL RULE

bmccaffrey
09-30-2017, 05:12 PM

WONDER WHY THIS IS NOT ENFORCED?????????????????????????????????????????

JerryB
09-30-2017, 06:11 PM
Hi bmccaffrey;

Re: WONDER WHY THIS IS NOT ENFORCED???????????????????????????????????

I'm thinking because it is not an NFL rule.

Who sent it to you?

Jerry Baumchen

Mazo EMS2
09-30-2017, 06:12 PM
Well....where did that come from? I would think if there was such a rule, we'd have heard about it by now.

bmccaffrey
09-30-2017, 06:56 PM
NBA has a similar rule.

All sports have rules. But no one enforces them

Hurray for NASCAR for upholding

Omcge
09-30-2017, 07:03 PM
That is the Rule Book.
They don't want to enforce because most players are Black and they don't want to agree with anything Trump says or does.

bmccaffrey
09-30-2017, 07:04 PM
The National Anthem (http://fortune.com/fortune500/anthem/) must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.

came from google

NFL NATIONAL ANTHEM

LOOK UP YOURSELF

bmccaffrey
09-30-2017, 07:11 PM
http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/trending-now/heres-the-truth-on-whether-nfl-rules-require-players-to-stand-for-the-national-ant

HERE IS A LINK

bmccaffrey
09-30-2017, 07:13 PM
http://time.com/4955704/nfl-league-rulebook-a62-63-national-anthem-rule/

HERE IS A LINK
(http://time.com/4955704/nfl-league-rulebook-a62-63-national-anthem-rule/)

JerryB
09-30-2017, 07:26 PM
Hi bmccaffrey,

Re: NFL RULE

As I thought, not an NFL rule; from your link:

The NFL rulebook makes no mention of the national anthem. But the game operations manual does.

Here's what the game operations manual says regarding the national anthem, according to an NFL spokesperson:

People should consider actually reading the links they post before posting them.

Your thread is titled: NFL RULE

Nope,

Jerry Baumchen

canamjhb
09-30-2017, 07:28 PM
Lots of wiggle room in the rule. It liberally uses the word "should" which is not a directive, only a suggestion. If the word "should" were replaced by the word "will" then the rule would have some teeth. But, as written, it is a meaningless bunch of suggestions.....

bmccaffrey
09-30-2017, 08:14 PM
WELL JERRY
I WILL KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT. I SERVED FOR 6 YRS. LOST FRIENDS. IF U DON'T STAND U ARE POS IN MY BOOK.

LIVING IN THIS COUNTRY IS A PRIVILEGE NOT A RIGHT. THEY HAVE LOST SPONSORS AND TRUMP DOES HAVE THE POWER TO PULL FEDERAL FUNDING ON STADIUMS. I WILL REST MY CASE AS NOT TO GET THROWN OFF.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::r oflblack:

ARtraveler
09-30-2017, 10:35 PM
The rules are as stated and are just not being enforced--for whatever reason. It would appear that most networks have left out that technical detail.

Ron2andia
10-01-2017, 08:17 AM
That is the Rule Book.
They don't want to enforce because most players are Black and they don't want to agree with anything Trump says or does.
Riiight that's it. What a ridiculous remark.

Bob Denman
10-01-2017, 08:31 AM
:agree: :banghead::gaah:
We've now entered the "Train-wreck Zone"... :gaah:

bmccaffrey
10-01-2017, 08:47 AM
IF THEY PULL IT I WILL PROTEST:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack ::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

HAVE MY RIGHTS:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

BoilerAnimal
10-01-2017, 09:04 AM
WELL JERRY
I WILL KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT. I SERVED FOR 6 YRS. LOST FRIENDS. IF U DON'T STAND U ARE POS IN MY BOOK.

LIVING IN THIS COUNTRY IS A PRIVILEGE NOT A RIGHT. THEY HAVE LOST SPONSORS AND TRUMP DOES HAVE THE POWER TO PULL FEDERAL FUNDING ON STADIUMS. I WILL REST MY CASE AS NOT TO GET THROWN OFF.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::r oflblack:

First off, thank you for your service.

You are entitled to your opinion and the right to voice it.

If they are U.S. citizens, then it IS their right to live in this country.

All decisions come with a price.

There should be NO public funding for stadiums for private teams.

kep-up
10-01-2017, 02:00 PM
First off, thank you for your service.

You are entitled to your opinion and the right to voice it.

If they are U.S. citizens, then it IS their right to live in this country.

All decisions come with a price.

There should be NO public funding for stadiums for private teams.

Hear, Hear!!!! I couldn't agree more! If public money is used, then the public should have free use of the stadium.

(sorry, I hope you don't mind I took some liberty with your post.

JerryB
10-01-2017, 02:38 PM
Hi bmccaffrey,

Re: I WILL KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT.

You have every right to voice your thoughts. I never said you should not.

Re: I SERVED FOR 6 YRS.

I served for 3 years, 10 months & 24 days. I hope that you do not think that your longer service makes you better than me.

Re: IF U DON'T STAND U ARE POS IN MY BOOK.

I completely disagree.

Re: LIVING IN THIS COUNTRY IS A PRIVILEGE NOT A RIGHT.

Nope, it is a right guarenteed by the US Constitution.

Re: I WILL REST MY CASE AS NOT TO GET THROWN OFF.

I see no reason why you should get thrown off. We simply disagree on some issues; nothing more.

Jerry Baumchen

PS) 16 yrs ago my son entered law school. For 16 yrs he has been 'schooling' me in just what rights people have in this country. And I consider myself a better person because of his efforts.

wyliec
10-01-2017, 03:12 PM
If they want to lay on their bellies during the National Anthem, that's their freedom of choice. I've plenty of other things to be concerned about. I'm not sure why it has been mentioned, but, I was in the military for 7300 days (give or take), and I do stand.

wyliec
10-01-2017, 03:26 PM
PS) 16 yrs ago my son entered law school. For 16 yrs he has been 'schooling' me in just what rights people have in this country. And I consider myself a better person because of his efforts.

Are there any rights that the general public doesn't know about, that we should?

JerryB
10-01-2017, 04:26 PM
Hi wyliec,

Re and I do stand.

As do I; out of respect.

Jerry Baumchen

JerryB
10-01-2017, 04:28 PM
Hi wyliec,

Re: Are there any rights that the general public doesn't know about, that we should?

I am not sure what his hourly rate is; however, I could pass along his contact info if you want to spend some money. ;)

I spent over $75,000 puttting him thru law school; he does not charge me anything. :yes::yes::yes:

Jerry Baumchen

bmccaffrey
10-01-2017, 04:50 PM

SAYS IT BEST

BoilerAnimal
10-01-2017, 05:25 PM
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. Martin Luther King.

Say what you will, Colin Kaepernick displayed a large amount of testicular fortitude, as well as those who have joined him. It would certainly be far easier to remain silent and go along to get along. But I think most will agree; nothing gets changed without pointing out the injustice, the shortcomings, the inequity or the flat out wrongness of a situation, law, custom or belief.

Some may regard their actions as contemptible, some may regard them as bold. Either way it is their constitutional right.

DJFaninTN
10-01-2017, 05:56 PM
The difference is the players are paid employees. They are paid to play. Just imagine if you worked for a place and you wanted to protest? So you go ahead with your protest despite what your employee handbooks says. Despite what your paying customers think. Should you be able to keep protesting?

If these overpaid clowns really wanted to do something to change the narrative, they would be more concerned about how many people were shot in Chicago over the weekend. Where is the outrage? What about all the 13, 14 and 15 year old children having children ... where is the outrage? How about the collapse of the education systems all over this country? See there are many real issues out there they could actually make a difference but they choose to protest something that has been factually proven did not actually happen.

I will predict that there will come a day when the National Anthem will not be played before sporting events because they don't won't to offend anyone. Meanwhile the water temp continues to climb and most of the frogs don't notice a thing.

I will say it was another glorious day here at our home with zero professional football on the TV. Never again.

kngfsh27
10-01-2017, 06:17 PM
There is no NFL or NBA at our house. I didn't do 22 years in the military for a bunch of whining millionaires to tell me that I am wrong.

loisk
10-01-2017, 06:22 PM
I seriously cannot see anything wrong with this picture !

They all look pretty respectful to me...

Oh and going by the rules posted earlier, hand on heart is not mentioned, therefore...

I will not be debating an internal American issue...just asking...

Orange Spyder Man
10-01-2017, 07:38 PM
I have quit watching NFL football games... I am tired of seeing owners pacifying spoiled whining athletes .. I hope the NFL ends belly up..

P.S. -------- I love my country.. and I stand for the anthem .. if you don't respect the flag and what it stands for.. maybe its time for you to find another country that suits you..

DJFaninTN
10-01-2017, 11:24 PM
Probably one of the best videos I have seen on this subject. I dare you to watch the entire interview

http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/30/rush-limbaughs-bo-snerdley-takes-on-nfl-protests-and-white-privilege-video/

classicvw
10-02-2017, 10:08 AM
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. Martin Luther King.

Say what you will, Colin Kaepernick displayed a large amount of testicular fortitude, as well as those who have joined him. It would certainly be far easier to remain silent and go along to get along. But I think most will agree; nothing gets changed without pointing out the injustice, the shortcomings, the inequity or the flat out wrongness of a situation, law, custom or belief.

Some may regard their actions as contemptible, some may regard them as bold. Either way it is their constitutional right.

Kaerpernick is a dumbass. Don't forget the facts. He signed a multi year contract for $114 MILLION. That contract had a clause where he could opt out, presumably to seek even more money. He did opt out. Now no one thinks he's worth more, so he remains unsigned. This is all not because he's black. It's because he's a dumbass and his latest performance on the field did not equal his earlier performances when he signed that big contract.

His foundation also donated $25,000 to the 'Daughters of Assata" a group named after the convicted killer of a NJ State Trooper who escaped from prison. (Joanne Chesimard aka Assata Shakur) Great role model.

Lew L
10-02-2017, 10:36 AM
Probably one of the best videos I have seen on this subject. I dare you to watch the entire interview

http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/30/rush-limbaughs-bo-snerdley-takes-on-nfl-protests-and-white-privilege-video/

Yes I did watch the entire interview. Rush has a good guy working for him.

Kaos

Firefly
10-02-2017, 12:11 PM
What part of "Zero Tolerance- NO Political Post." is confusing?

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
10-02-2017, 12:19 PM
stop watching, stop talking about nfl, start riding.

Firefly
10-03-2017, 08:31 AM
stop watching, stop talking about nfl, start riding.

On that we can agree....

Not that I watch much sports anyway.....

Saluda
10-03-2017, 10:15 PM
No use for either of them !

LateLifeCrisis
10-03-2017, 11:20 PM
[QUOTE=classicvw;1305622]Kaerpernick is a dumbass. Don't forget the facts. He signed a multi year contract for $114 MILLION. That contract had a clause where he could opt out, presumably to seek even more money. He did opt out. Now no one thinks he's worth more, so he remains unsigned. This is all not because he's black. It's because he's a dumbass and his latest performance on the field did not equal his earlier performances when he signed that big contract.

His foundation also donated $25,000 to the 'Daughters of Assata" a group named after the convicted killer of a NJ State Trooper who escaped from prison. (Joanne Chesimard aka Assata Shakur) Great role model.[/QUOTE

Dad was career Air Force and standing in the base movie theatre as the anthem was played prior to our Saturday morning Roy Rogers movie was in our DNA. Although now deceased, I am proud of his service in WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Berlin Airlift, Bay of Pigs and numerous incidents in between, and I stand to honor him and all veterans living and deceased as well as who currently serve. Being a retired LEO, I also stand for police officers, firemen and those first responders who serve our country as well.

As far as Kaepernick, the spoiled moron couldn't/wouldn't learn the playbook, isn't a pocket passer, doesn't want to learn a team's system and frankly, after being able to improvise plays in college it didn't take long for the NFL defensive line/teams to catch on and poof! the Kaepernick magic was gone. He also has a radical girlfriend leading him around by his dumb ass and being his mouthpiece - otherwise he couldn't string six words together.