PDA

View Full Version : Parking Brake UGG

Chasinsparks
09-28-2017, 02:29 PM
OK, so I have mentioned this before where the parking brake won't disengage, I would then let it sit turn the key off it would beep for a few then stop and I could drive away sometimes with the light parking brake light flashing. this has happened twice.

Today not so lucky, it happened again and would not release so I took a 12 mm wrench and loosen the parking brake cable took it out of the bracket it released and I drove home. Thanks to Motor Sports Inc for instructing what to do I was not stranded in the parking lot for more than 10 mins.

If any of you have had a similar issue with your parking brake as I know you have, make sure you carry a 12 mm wrench with you, it will save you hours of sitting

jerpinoy
09-28-2017, 04:57 PM
Thanks for your tips, 12 mm will be in my frunk. God Bless

Chasinsparks
09-28-2017, 05:03 PM
Sure beats sitting for hours, just loosen the two nuts on the parking brake cable (right side rear wheel) pull it out of the bracket and you are on your way. Just remember to chock the wheels till you get to a dealer.

Thanks for your tips, 12 mm will be in my frunk. God Bless

Peteoz
09-28-2017, 05:46 PM
Sure beats sitting for hours, just loosen the two nuts on the parking brake cable (right side rear wheel) pull it out of the bracket and you are on your way. Just remember to chock the wheels till you get to a dealer.

Is leaving it in gear enough unless you are on a steepish slope, Chasin?

Pete

Chasinsparks
09-28-2017, 06:50 PM
Pete

I just went and did a test, even in gear I could easily push the bike, I think this is because the bike is designed to start in neutral therefore once turned off it really is no longer in gear.

Is leaving it in gear enough unless you are on a steepish slope, Chasin?

Pete